Target Reviews in Rochester Hills, MI | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1608 reviews)

• "Hours were inconsistent for most team members" (in 1704 reviews)

1. "My experience working at Target was great."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management there was open to new ideas and willing to change outdated styles. Very well run company with a good chain of command.

Cons

They have you work more hours than you should be. I didn't plan on having a 60 hour work week when I agreed to work there.

2. "Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits ,Every other weekend off

Cons

Not enough hours for workload

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and not let leadership blame others for things that they have done

3. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Rochester Hills, MI

Pros

Pay is good and you get to make a lot of friends from the coworkers that you work with.

Cons

Hopefully, you will work in a target where you have a nice boss because some of them can be a real pain.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the little team leaders that are getting paid huge salaries while not doing anything.

"Was fun while it lasted"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Rochester Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like the title said, it was fun and challenging in a good way; the team was awesome. Pair an uptight exec LOD with a slew of newbie micromanaging powertrip LODs/interns = hell (My store has lost /is losing atleast 10+ people within the last 2 months and none were temps or seasonal). The pace can go from relaxing to chaotic varying on guest traffic. Not a shopper before working here and thanks to the Weekly Ad as well as price matching policy.. it's definitely enhanced my household and lifestyle. Love the member discount and coupons.. + Team Member appreciate months for an extra 10%!

Cons

Diploma wielding pretentious powertrippers for Executives... 30hr minimum for benefits and even if you have that in your availability you are lucky to get scheduled even 20! (Yay for the shift board though!) The annual assessment at my store.. the highest raise anyone got was $0.52 with most between $0.08 for first years and $0.22-0.36 for 2years+. There was one lady that's worked there for years that hasn't gotten a raise in 4+ years... but I think it's because she's capped at $15/hr.

Advice to Management

Have the Executives EARN that position.. not thru school and non-experience but thru experience / your non-exec leads that have had time to get to know the team.. what workstations they like or are good at doing and how to effectively handle a store in any situation.

Showing 4 of 30,235 reviews