Target Reviews in Rock Hill, SC | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be difficult to find a good work/life balance" (in 1576 reviews)

• "Not a great for more team members further along in their career" (in 1680 reviews)

1. "Decent Job with decent pay"

Current Employee - Team Member in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Team Member in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love the other team members at my store, anytime you are having a bad day, you will definitely feel better before the day is over. Work is tedious but if you're like me, I enjoy staying busy. Pay is decent and there is always something to snack on in the break room.

Cons

At times, you have to beg for additional hours but if the mgmt team sees that you enjoy working, they will try their best to assist.

Advice to Management

Listen to your associates more and understand we do the best we can especially if we don't have the tools to do our job.

2. "Barista"

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like all retail work, most of the pros come from management and coworkers. I had a good experience, but I enjoyed my fellow teammates and my team leaders. Your experience will vary from location to location.

Cons

No matter how nice you are, there will always be problem customers. Managers will try to guilt you into taking extra hours and no matter how many times you say yes, the first time you say no you'll get your hours docked the next week. Turn over is pretty quick as well, and my "Tarbucks" was short staffed on several occasions. It was exhausting being the only barista on a weekend shift and it shouldn't have happened as often as it did.

Advice to Management

Keep more than one barista on hand! You can't have everything clean and drinks made quick if you're trying to keep one person on during peak hours. Something has to give.

3. "Great place to work, mangers are awful though"

Former Employee - Starbucks Team Member in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Starbucks Team Member in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Target (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay
    Friendly guest
    Mainly clean
    There's really not much to say about the good. My experience was mainly terrible because the team leaders and members thought they were God.

Cons

Terrible hours
    Bad mangers
    Unreliable co-workers
    They never hired enough people. Always short staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people!! And actually train them!

Showing 3 of 29,347 reviews