Target Reviews in Rosemont, IL | Glassdoor

3.4
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Senior Team Leader, Sales Floor"

Current Employee - Senior Team Leader, Sales Floor in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Team Leader, Sales Floor in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being hourly, work/life balance is good. I like the people I work with, my store is an inclusive environment and I feel accepted there. The pay is great for what I do, and I enjoy the workload to an extent.

Cons

I hate the promise of upwards movement, it took me a long time to get to this level and for the past two years I've been fed the "After next quarter" line to take the next step. Another downside is frequent ETL (your boss) turnover, which will make or break your career here. If your boss is awesome, your job will be a breeze. If your boss is useless, expect to take on the majority of their workload and get no recognition for it (and all of the blame if your workcenter is failing).

Advice to Management

ETL's should be held to a higher level of accountability, and focus on internal promotions over interns fresh out of college.

"Target Team Member"

Current Employee - Target Team Member in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Target Team Member in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Target pay is decent. Hours are very flexible.

Cons

Mangers have favoritism and some co-workers don't do anything and can be very rude. Never felt comfortable going to talk to any team lead. Lots of drama. Dread every day I walk in there.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful to your employees.

3. "Asset Protection Specialist"

Current Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotion opportunities
    Flexible with schedule
    Recognition

Cons

It can be political.
    Must work weekends
    they don't hire executives within the company; easier to be an ETL if you apply as an external.

Advice to Management

Don's pressure so much on results. It can lead to team members to get stressed and decrease their efficiency. Hire Executives (ETL) within the company rather than to hire external executives.

"Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Target (More than a year)

Pros

Target had a great system where you could work your way up the ladder no matter where you started. The schedule or time available you put in, is what your'll get unless otherwise noted. They are very understanding when you can't go into work or if you have something planned ahead. As a student, this place was the best place I could have my first job.

Cons

Being a cashier, you have someone called an LOD that acts as your boss. They tell you when to go on your break and when to have your lunch. It seems convenien,t but sometimes its not. Sometimes they'll forget t tell you to go, or if its too busy, push it too far back. Throughout the year Target slowly cuts you down on your hours and eventually you won't be working enough.

Advice to Management

Target defiantly needs to schedule more workers, because although they are trying to see money by cutting hours and putting in self checkout machines, the lines are too long for guests and its the cashiers that have to deal with the angry guests.

Showing 4 of 25,725 reviews