Target Reviews in Saint Augustine, FL | Glassdoor

Brian Cornell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1419 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1507 reviews)

"As far as retail jobs, Target is a good place to work for."

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Target (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly, in the fact that they are willing to promote from within. Target does offer health benefits (if you meet a certain average hours per week) and they also match up to 5% in their 401K.

Cons

Starting pay could be higher. Time off is decent, but you have to put in the request several weeks ahead of time.

Advice to Management

If the company started their new hires with higher wages, the turnover rate would be less.

2. "Team member"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are organized..neat..and the people are great to work with.

Cons

The pay sucks along with the interview process...

"Nice company to work for that respects you in a few different ways."

Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

10% off everything in store, very flexible scheduling, kind superiors, abundant hours, everyone is very friendly throughout the store, easy to add/give up shifts.

Cons

Must be a people person, willing to move to another workspace, must know how to use new apps and computers.

Advice to Management

Everyone is very respectful and well educated. They know how to talk to team members.

4. "Target protection specialist"

Former Employee - Theft Protection Specialist in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Theft Protection Specialist in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management team, I was a full time student when I was employed at target. my supervisors understood that I was a student, and that's school was my priority and I had needed a set schedule. Also hands down the easiest job I have ever had.

Cons

Frustrating policies regulating theft, it's next to impossible to catch thieves. Pay is terrible, having to working with the general public is terrible and I never want to do it again.

5. "Absolutely loved it, and I wish I could've stayed with them."

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team building, opportunities to gain leadership experience

Cons

Management doesn't always recognize your efforts as your own and just labels it as a "good team effort"

Advice to Management

All the management I dealt and worked with were great.

6. "Great growing and thriving company to work for."

Current Employee - GSTL in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - GSTL in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

Lots of room to grow within the company. Great leadership essential classes/business college offered to help you through your career with Target. Great benefits. As long as you are Fast, Fun and Friendly, meet credit card, customer service, bathroom cleanliness, 2+2 line wait, customer kiosk, store cleanliness score goal weekly grids and perception giving a Target "Brand"shopping experience. You must be able to multi task in all areas P.O.S, bathroom check every 1/2 hr, CS Desk areas, Cafe area and change requests. 10%discount given on ALL items; including clearance and alcoholic beverages, which is unlike other companies. Great contribution gifts, continual support in recognition to employees keeping moral up, turn over ratio down. All management gets alternating weekends scheduled (ex.: Night shift, following wkend off, following day shift etc..) Perfect opportunity for college students.

Cons

Needing to be 5 different places at one time. You must respond to all areas needed within so many minutes and press response buttons for appropriate areas Bathroom clean up (every hr )..especially the toilet issues(code browns;). Cash registers are continuously crashing creating issues for customers, line back up which is UNACCEPTABLE as per Targets expectations following the companies 2+1 rule. When having customers fill out a credit card application registers will crash and customer looses opportunity to save 20% for opening and is frustrated, loosing interest in the opportunity all together.

Advice to Management

Have the janitor clean up the bathrooms;)

"hardlines team member"

Current Employee - Hard Lines Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Hard Lines Team Member in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

hard work, always busy, appreciated by superiors and considered a great resource on the floor

Cons

Low pay, hard physical work, difficult to work with difficult guests, stretched in many different directions

Advice to Management

Look to change how you treat the lowest set of workers. Little rewards go a long way to those who work very hard every shift they have. Recognize those that help pick up shifts and pull doubles when possible.

Showing 7 of 24,789 reviews