Target Reviews in San Bruno, CA | Glassdoor

5.0
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "I was part of a team."

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

employee discounts, working with people, easy workload, choose your own hours, team spirit, thoughtful employers, good wages, caring enviroment and good personnel department

Cons

not making much more than minmum wage, having to deal with occasionally rude customers,
    not really advancing in the workplace, having to work on holidays always

Advice to Management

pay us more

"Love my Target Grocery Job"

Current Employee - Perishables Assistant in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Perishables Assistant in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very professional and provides positive recognition. Fellow team members are like a family in that a majority of the long-term employees there genuinely care about each other.

Cons

Low wages to start, but can dramatically improve if you become a team leader. Frequent turnover and low skilled workers in many areas.

Advice to Management

If Targewt would pay a little more to team members after 90 days I believe that we could retain better quality workers that would stay with the company longer and thereby reduce the turnover rate and amount of money spent on constantly training.

"Target, a big retail company with morals and great management opportunities."

Current Employee - Food Avenue in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Food Avenue in San Bruno, CA

Pros

The best reason to work for Target are the development opportunities. There are many opportunities to develop for those who are passionate to be in their role. Target offers classes, leadership experiences, and management opportunities that directly supervise hourly team members for college recruits.

Cons

Just like any other company, there are politics among peers and partners. I think that sometimes there's too much time spent in fostering partnerships opposed to contributing more money to the bottom line.

Advice to Management

I would advise senior management to change focus from doing visits to innovation, analysis, and remote management. I think some of the criteria that is used to evaluate performance can be manipulated. I think performance analysis should be 80% subjective and 20 objective. Remove some of the stream lined processes that don't need to be there.

Showing 3 of 25,757 reviews