Target Reviews in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

3.3
Target CEO Brian Cornell
Brian Cornell
Pros
Cons
  • "Not enough home/work life balance(in 1637 reviews)

• "The pay is fair until you have to carry the load of other work-shy team members(in 1737 reviews)

1. Great First Job

Former Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Target full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits, hours, team culture, free food, and opportunities at Target. I would suggest any 16 year old to apply here. It will be a much better and rewarding experience than working at some smaller business.

Cons

Hard to get weekends off

Advice to Management

I would let employees move around more. Let a cashier move to the salesfloor if they really want to. Job variety is the key to keeping employees around.

2. Fantastic company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

One of the best I worked for especially after the toxic startup (E8 Security) I used to work for.

Cons

Help us a bit in working from home one day

Advice to Management

Just relax and give us one day to work from home.

3. Target Job Review

Former Employee - Cashier in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Target for more than a year

Pros

-Cashiering, I guess, is easy to do

Cons

-Provided very little training. Managers and customers expected the employee(s) to be all knowing? -Managers do a poor job of communicating with employees - Pay is the WORST ($11.5/ hr) - HR/manager asks It's employees to work extra hours or find an excuse to make them work extra due to a lack of staff - Managers don't give breaks on time - This store has a ton of Problems! Etc. we're always out of bags, receipt...

Advice to Management

Honestly, I don't believe there was a single thing I liked about this job as I hated everything about working at Target. There are many perks about working here but my best advice to the management would be to treat your employees, and customers with more adequacy. Don't treat these people like dirt or else no one is going to shop here.

4. Visual Merchandizing Team Lead (Senior Team Lead Pay Grade Lvl#17)

• Overall
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandising Team Lead (Senior Team Lead Pay Grade Level#17) in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Once you are work your way up to become a TL (Team Lead), your life would actually be less miserable, at least you would have better chances of getting your voice heard by your fellow Team Leads, ETLs, STLs, or even DTLs. You will still be working your butt off, yet at least your paychecks look way much better than a regular TM.

Cons

However, the more privileges you gain, the more responsibilities you have, the higher chances you make mistakes. The monthly salary base V.S. hourly pay system sucks! Any ETL level and above positions are finally switched to monthly salary base pay. With that said, all Sr.TL(Senior Team Lead) level and below positions are paid hourly, therefore hourly paid salary base employees will be limited ("protected") by the...

Advice to Management

Should make all Team Lead and up management level employees be paid in monthly salary based, given the fact that TLs have higher chances of being tied down with guests' or workload related issue so that 1 less thing in their mind to stress about.

5. Sales Clerk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

I could work and shop at the same location.

Cons

Not getting breaks on time.

Advice to Management

Learn how to listen and communicate more to your employees

6. Not a bad first job

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Target part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Usually fun environment Easy tasks to complete Upper in-store management very helpful

Cons

Very low pay increases Very unlikely company advancement

Found 6 reviews