Target Reviews in Tempe, AZ | Glassdoor

3.4
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance is an opportunity (in 1497 reviews)

• compensation for existing team members being outpaced by newer (in 1590 reviews)

1. "I like my Job but I want something more...."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Target has taught me many qualities needed in a work environment and I have worked so hard. I am one of the best employee's they have, not only because I am a hard worker, but because I am very well rounded. I was trained for the sales floor, but I made sure I was also knowledgeable in the other sales floor positions, fitting room, cashier, and one of these days guest service. I have only been working at Target for about 7 months, and even after a couple months working I was given the opportunity to train individuals like myself in the areas I was really great in. Target has been a great place for me to work and it will be really hard leaving but I want something greater and better for my life. I work hard, am determined, and a very self motivated person, and I am ready to learn, grow, and experience much more!

Cons

The only cons would be some of the staff. With constantly rotating in and out employees makes it hard to really bond and work together. Even sometimes with the necessity of more employees, management would take in those individuals who are hard to work with, but even then you learn how to work with them and be flexible.
    Also another con is that in the very beginning I was told I couldn't work there if I wasn't available on Sundays. I am Mormon and it is very much against my religion to work on Sundays, and despite that I was still forced to be available

Advice to Management

Very flexible, but I would suggest maybe better benefits.

2. "Target Electronics"

Current Employee - Electronics in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Electronics in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simple work, lots of interaction with people, make a new network of friends that can potentially last a lifetime.

Cons

A lot of targets close late, the pay is decent not great, little to no benefits unless you work 40 hours a week, almost no opportunity for overtime.

Advice to Management

Spend more time getting to know your employees instead of treating them like an object that is only meant to fulfill one task.

3. "Fun Place To Work and Learn"

Current Employee - Team Member in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Member in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fun place and they take the time to train you well. They reward you when you do well and try to help you do better when you aren't performing your best.

Cons

Being on your feet all day

4. "Team lead at target"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work for a respected company. Customers are usually nicer.

Cons

Expectations are too high. Workload to time problems.

5. "If you're not in management start looking elsewhere."

Current Employee - Assets Protection in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Assets Protection in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are awesome
    Discounts are decent
    It's a paycheck

Cons

Low retail pay
    Retail hours can get draining after awhile.
    Promotions take forever to happen. Even with a college degree. Unless you went to the internship program expect 2 years minimum for a team lead position. Expect 5 years or longer for a salaried position depending on performance (with a degree).
    Annual raises are a joke
    No bonuses for employees on the front lines. Executives reap all the glory on that one.
    If you're a cashier or salesfloor you're expected to get Redcard applications while you're on the register.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Quit hiring people straight out of college with no experience and having people in stores that have been there for 5 years or longer train their future boss. Makes no sense since all separating these two is a piece of paper.

6. "Good pay but poor systems"

Current Employee - RGS in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - RGS in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Lots of diversity. New concepts are tried for employee satisfaction.

Cons

Expensive benefit plan. No schedule flexibility. Leaders don't allow team members ownership of their background to feel included. Guests allowed to yell and scream at team members without any support from management. Systems are always down.

Advice to Management

Allow for team members to express their heritage and ethnic background. Invest in a new system. You put team members in an impossible position when systems don't work and it's out of the team member's control to help the guest. Find better talk offs than condescending statements that make the guest feel disrespected and the team member like an idiot for having to say something so ignorant that a 5 year old wouldn't believe. Stop accepting checks. It's embarrassing. Put your supervisors in a position of power where the guest can really be helped.

7. "Good Place To Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and pleast atmosphere.

Cons

High stress! Some team leads were unfair.

8. "Absolute nonsense"

Current Employee - Target Barista in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Target Barista in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay honestly isnt horrible. Job is not difficult.

Cons

Target HR is an absolute joke and spend their day doing absolutely nothing while checking up on you every once in a while. I was a Barista and you are not allowed to accept tips even though every single customer tries to give you one which is ridiculous because Target considers it "stealing" They have alot of stupid standard corporate rules as well and they are always understaffed and nobody cares.

Advice to Management

let us take tips

9. "Overal rating for furture employees"

Current Employee - Senior Collector in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Collector in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good benefits and decent pay.

Cons

Schedules/ No middle ground. Only black or white -no variables are included in any aspect of job performance. Movement within company is slow

Advice to Management

Develop various schedules

10. "Sales Floor"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Target (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent and it was a fun place to work at, every one got along and our managers were great with communication.

Cons

The hours they have you working, they are not very flexible. There were times you stay until closing time which is until almost midnight, and they expect you to come in the next day to open at 7 a.m.

Showing 33 of 26,782 reviews