Target Trainer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Brian Cornell
  1. "Great store"

Former Employee - Cashier/Trainer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a comfortable atmosphere the employees were nice and so was the customers.

Cons

Busy during the holiday season

Advice to Management

Very nice staff of management. Well organized store

Target2018-06-06
  2. "Trainer"

Former Employee - Trainer in Lake Bluff, IL

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked there while I was a student and there were a lot of great oppurtunities to grow as an individual. They provided good health benefits and cared for their team members.

Cons

I dint have to many bad experiences while working at target, I would say I felt pressured constantly to shove redcards upon every customer. That pressure sometimes made it difficult to keep up good customer service because it felt like the managers or team leads were always watching the conversations.

Target2018-07-01
  3. "Being a Target Employee"

Current Employee - Trainer/Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast Fun and Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Nothing i can think of at the moment

Target2018-05-28

"Good for part-time work - otherwise stay clear"

Current Employee - Trainer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good introduction to retail and cash handling

Cons

Very little loyalty of upper store management - including Human Resources - to those who are dedicated employees yet the demand loyalty from the employee to the store. Extremely erratic hours so you therefore cannot plan for the even the immediate future nor can you count on having full time status (and therefore receive benefits including medical).

Advice to Management

Start treating your dedicated employees with loyalty. Stop offering benefits via full time status and then "pull the rug out from under" the employee by having them go under the 30hr weekly average needed for those benefits. This is pure evil. No one at your stores now "gives a flip" about your raising the minimum wage when you everyone at the store gets hit with their hours being cut.

Target2018-05-19

"Good first job but that's all."

Former Employee - Team Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Target offers a flexible schedule with sick time and paid vacation. The company believes in a positive culture and team friendly work environment.

Cons

It's the definition of over work and underpaid. Pay increases are not noticeable and room for promotion is slim to none.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if team members were given the reviews they deserve so they can get the pay increase to match the work they put out. Or else the turn over rate will continue to be high.

Target2017-12-27
  6. "Ups and downs"

Former Employee - Team Trainer

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Company has a lot of diversity and if you are willing to stick with it you can go places

Cons

The store and how good it is directly relates to how good your GM and ETLs are

Advice to Management

Do things for your employees, BBQ's Monthly cakes, and learn their names, it makes a difference

Target2017-09-14
  7. "Stressful, Tiring, Employees are great, Management is rude"

Former Employee - Brand/Softlines Team Member Trainer in Normal, IL

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and opportunities to advance if you want to stay within the company. Everyone gets reviewed and receives a raise based on how well managers feel you did that year. I was "promoted" to Brand and loved it! My coworkers were great and became a small family to me.

Cons

You're working retail, so as expected, customers can be horrible and rude. I did not like my LODs. Many of them were very stern and had favorites.

Target2017-06-23
  8. "Team member"

Current Employee - Trainer/Team Member in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer a full set of benefits.

Cons

They tend to be disorganized, and majority of the methods that target implements are not tailored to each store requiring lots of innovative adjustments. Favoritism (not work efficiency) plays a huge part in the advancement of team members.

Advice to Management

Not all workers are equal, and therefore their hours should not be either. Harder works should be rewarded for their work ethic.

Target2017-06-14
  9. "No growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Trainer/Team Member in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and very personable customers.

Cons

Poor pay and no opportunities for advancement.

Target2017-02-16
  10. "Used to be a good place to get your start in life but you end up just a number no matter how hard you work."

Former Employee - Team Trainer in Oconomowoc, WI

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, many hard working employees, good benefits, used to have a fair work- life balance, and okay shifts. Goals are obtainable if you make everyone obtain what they are trained in the first place.

Cons

Management lets to many bad workers get away with not meeting the requirements set out in their initial training. Then pushes the hardest working ones to make up for it. I left the place with one of the highest percentages and was made a trainer within a half year of my start date because they could see my potential in instilling good work habits. Your change in hour was not for the better, it only shows how little management...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the documented under achievers, and do it as shortly after their full time employment, to show the rest that it won't be tolerated. Quit asking more from the hard workers than you do of the non performers. Pay your training staff more and quit just telling them they don't deserve it because they get out of the hard work from time to time. Many are exhausted of your tactics and it is why you have a lot of burnt...

Target2017-01-22