Target Reviews in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

Target Tucson Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2019

Found 91 reviews

2.9
Target CEO Brian Cornell (no image)
Brian Cornell
  1. "Great Internship Program!"

Intern in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target

Pros

I worked in a DC and their internship program is excellent! They really teach you how to run the business and focus on leadership.

Cons

There's some online training, which isn't helpful.

Target2017-01-11
  2. "target distribution warehouse tucson arizona"

Current Employee - Stock Selector in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

mediocre srating wage of 11 an hour for day shift and 11.50 for night

Cons

too many to list: 1st off have to wait in long lines to check in to your position for the day. 2nd if you're too close to the starting time you may have to wait outside because people are leaving building which may get you late. Average time is 45 minutes to an hour just to clock in. 3rd you have to be escorted to back break room or front break room. after clocking in have to do exercise to warm up and stretch.... then wait in another long line to get an rf scanner. 4th they will hire you as full time 3 12 hours shifts and maybe 1 12 hour shift for overtime. however besides being called in on thanksgiving day for mandatory overtime less than 12 hours before shift is due to start and out of 150 people only 2 of us made it. even a 36 hour workweek you'll most likely get at least one if not two mandatory time off days and may be asked to go home on your third day. for the peak Christmas season, this is unacceptable. they tend to hire way too many associates for the slow work load

Target2016-12-16
  3. "Cashier"

in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Target

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

There are none to speak of.

Target2016-11-09

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager - DC in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great environment. Job limited by your imagination.

Cons

Long hours especially during the holiday season. Stressful everyday meeting company self inflicted metrics. Difficulty removing problem team members. Company struggles with taking care of team members in fun events that may cost money.

Advice to Management

Spend a little money from time to time and treat your team just for the heck of it.

Target2016-10-17
  5. "Good for school part-time"

Former Employee - Electronics Team Member in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Target had flexible hours and worked with my school schedule. Working on a team of others was fun, especially because the team was composed of other college students. The pay is pretty minimal, but what else can you expect for a position while in college? If you put effort in, you can really develop some interpersonal skills that will benefit you outside of Target.

Cons

The management varied in expectations, leaving the team with confusion of what needed to be accomplished during certain shifts. If you close in the store, you'll be left to organize and "zone" aisles which can be very repetitive in action. It helps if you have others around to talk to while you work, but sometimes you are left on your own to clean up aisles of toys. At my particular store, the hours were REALLY late... sometimes, and, depending on how busy it was during the day, the closing team can be left with the task of cleaning the entire mess.

Target2016-09-27

"Friendly Upper Management"

Former Employee - Seasonal Team Member in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

Friendly Upper Management, Nice people, awesome guests (customers).

Cons

A little strict, some bad customers, Having to ask people about the target credit card.

Advice to Management

Stay Friendly, you're doing a good job.

Target2016-09-22
  7. "It's a fun place to work. I met some of the greatest people working there."

Former Employee - Jewelry Brand Team Member in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No one is breathing down your neck. You have things to get done but youre on your own or get to do the project with somebody

Cons

Low raises. During slow seasons they let go of a lot of team members so theres more work to be done in a short time. They dont promote from within. I had to train some of my managers.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote from within.

Target2016-09-04

"Best Company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Target is a great company, here are some of the things that stood out the most as pros Hires from within Builds team members to be successful leaders great benefits (salary) friendly environment

Cons

It is hard to think of negatives but here are a couple Very unpredictable hours not uncommon to find a "good ol boy club" formed by decision makers or even just team members

Target2016-08-10
  9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Target GSA in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, good hours if you can pick up extra shifts, days fly by.

Cons

Hours arent guaranteed so there are times you have to beg HR to give you more. Rude guests is a daily event but thats it.

Advice to Management

I was promoted 3x within the first couple months i was there. I was hired as a seasonal cashier and then promoted to cash office and theb became. GSA running the lanea. It is possible to advance you just have to work hard and let them know that's what you want.

Target2016-06-24
  10. "Sale Floor Team Member"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, there's always events for the team and free food every week in the break room. Also, company's very accepting of self expression (tattoos,piercings,unique hair)

Cons

A lot of employees but with low hours. Barely ever get raises and hard to move up in positions. Can Involve a lot of physical work.

Target2016-06-07