Target Reviews in Tukwila, WA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"ok place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Tukwila, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are willing to work with your schedule and they make sure you take all breaks.

Cons

some the senior managers need to learn how to talk to people and treat them like a person.

2. "Visual"

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros are, they hire and train.

Cons

Cons are, they don't want to promote if you're not young or white.

Advice to Management

Look at work ethics and not age or color.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tukwila, WA

Pros

-Easy to swap shifts with other team members, or pick up shifts from others as long as you are trained for the area
    -Cross training opportunities
    -Interact with people and assist them to have a better day
    -Good pay depending on where you work, but they (at my store) try to beat the minimum wage game and reviews yearly give chances to improve your hourly rate.

Cons

-Red Cards. At least at my store, they started getting obsessed with pushing for Red Cards and made it mandatory that every cashier shift a person had, they needed to get at least 1 Red Card (the debit or credit cards that target uses for guest loyalty). Depending on the manager for that shift, you may get a coaching put on your record for not completing the task.
    -Hours are either really good or really bad. I had completely open availability accept for one day, and they somehow managed to only schedule me for 10 hrs that week, and 6 of them were on the day I said i couldn't work (and was approved by the manager assigned to schedule) and I had to go and find someone to cover it, even though it was there mistake.
    -Customers at times can be snobby, and either get upset about a product being out, or about a price and say they're going to walmart. Be prepared, but this happens at every job, this just happened more to me at Target than any other job I've had
    -Managers push their work onto their subordinates. I have multiple cases of a floor plan needing to be done, and a LOD will ask for help from a certain team member, and then abruptly leave saying they have other things they need to do, nut are not doing those things. That's not Target's fault, but it is if they don't listen to the reviews that the lower level members give each year.
    -Closings are the hardest times, and god forbid corporate is coming in. Super zone with a smile.

Advice to Management

Please PLEASE do not force Red Cards. I have been yelled at by guests both who had and didn't have red cards already, and ended up crying due to this, because I was forced to ask people. I had worked there for 2 years, and was told I didn't know how to read customers and needed to just keep asking every guest every time. you can tell when a person does not want to be disturbed.

"Unsatisfied"

Former Employee - GSTL in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - GSTL in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One positive thing was that they encourage comment cards, so when you see someone doing a good job or they helped you out with a project or a customer, you write them a card and they put it on a wall. HR collects them and records all the good work you have been noticed for and you can earn points for prizes.

Cons

Management was disorganized, GSTL pay was very low for all the responsibility the job entails, coworkers were rude and management spoke down to employees often in a very inappropriate way, the company keeps your hours down to part time and will do everything they can to hinder you getting full time so they don't have to pay for benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect!!! Delegate tasks and put yourself out there when needed to help out, don't set up your employees for failure, set them up for success. Be organized! Recognize people for doing things right more often than for what they are doing wrong. Be constructive with criticism so that they can learn to improve.

"Don't work at Target"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Tukwila, WA

Pros

* Pay is within average for job

Cons

* Very poor "work/life balance".
    * Average work week is north of 60 hours per seek.
    * No holidays off.
    * Very high stress levels.
    * Poor health, dental, and vision plans.

Advice to Management

management is often intimidated by upper management and will throw employees under the "bus".

6. "Not Okay"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Tukwila, WA

Pros

People are friendly and co-workers are helpful.

Cons

Management does not have enough experience.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They know much more about what they need to be successful.

Showing 6 of 26,042 reviews