Target Reviews in Tulsa, OK | Glassdoor

3.6
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long Hours can impact work life balance (in 1417 reviews)

• Hours tend to fluctuate for regular team members (in 1503 reviews)

1. "Pretty Good Solo position"

Current Employee - Back Room Team Member in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Back Room Team Member in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You are left to yourself while in the backroom, no managers to ask you to do menial tasks for them.
    -You get to ride around a on a wave.
    -Time flies by pretty fast pulling a long list of stock.
    -Your finished pull times builds personal value among your supervisor.

Cons

-You have to go fetch the wave and share it with others to retrieve your picks.
    -They require you to carry your own keys for the bailer to use. Bad attempt at micro managing bailer failures and poor training. You get written up for forgetting the keys in the bailer.
    -PDAs are sparse or hardly in working condition. You have to be lucky to get a working one. Which is bad news for a puller. You may as well go home.

Advice to Management

Take a tip from Walmart and keep the "keyholder" idea at bay. Very few poor bailer habits arise in their backrooms. All of our associates in my store at Walmart were trained on bailer use. Even Toys R Us does a fine job.

If there is an issue with an employees appearance, tell them. Dont watch them like a hawk to write them up for petty Target bailer standards.

Invest in more pdas or repair. Some positions fully rely on those.

2. "Cart Attendant Troubles"

Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cashiers and other cart attendants (the foundation employees/people in not leadership roles) were all great people to work in a team with.

Cons

The supervisors did not care about their teams. They only cared about barking orders and wandering off to talk to other supervisors. They almost never helped unless we were extremely busy. For us cart attendants they would call us on the radio and tell us to immediately go do something halfway across the store inside and then two minutes later (no joke) called us and asked why we weren't stocking carts. I will admit that I heard from people who had been there awhile that it was just the new managers (past year) who came in and made things bad for this particular store. On top of that they promised me full time but gave me part time and I was told I could move up from cart attendant but was told that at best I could move sideways. Also the management hated any reason you couldn't work. Anything from the flu to an accident to a family emergency to pregnancy was treated as a strike in their minds. They would hold it over you even if it didn't go on your record as a strike.

Advice to Management

Actually make sure that employees are happy at this store. 10019 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74133

3. "Job was okay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Fast paced, always something to do, friendly, fun work place.

Cons

Managers only seemed to care about numbers. Their inventory system and how they place merchandise can be really confusing, especially for slower paced learners.

Advice to Management

Give newer employees a little more of a chance to learn the system, and grow as a whole.

4. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Nothing to say here. It was a good company.

"Not Bad for Retail"

Current Employee - Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome people to work with. I LOVE MY COWORKERS. They make the job somewhat pleasant to go to every day. Pay is decent and they are very flexible about time off for school.

Cons

Either you have no hours or way too many hours. There is no in between.

6. "I love working for target."

Current Employee - Team Member in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Team Member in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team member discount, coupled with the many discount options usually give me about a 25% discount on groceries. They are typically very schedule accommodating. All of the team leader's are usually understanding and kind. They were closed last Christmas and I believe they will be again this year (2016). The guests are usually calm and nice. Target closes every night at some point (except thanksgiving night). They almost always have something to eat or drink from free in the breakroom.

Cons

Black Friday somehow start's on Thursday. When you are scheduled to close you never really know when that means you'll get off (usually within an hour, unless you work the night before Thanksgiving, could be up to 1 am). They have scheduled people as little as 8 hours in our "down months" (jan-may). You almost never qualify for benefits because of that kind of scheduling.

Advice to Management

Continue to remain understanding of your team members, especially when their personal lives have hiccups. Continue to ask what your team members enjoy and don't enjoy, it makes us feel heard, especially when you act on our behalf. When you ask, you open the door for those of us too uncomfortable to express what we feel like will be seen as complaints.

7. "It was fine"

Former Employee - Target Cashier in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Fun coworkers, enjoyed customer interaction

Cons

Had to push credit cards, was "promoted" to product demonstration because of my great attitude

Advice to Management

Don't assume a cashier with a great attitude will have a great attitude while wearing a chef's hat and passing out pizza rolls

8. "Love it here"

Former Employee - Target Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and very happy all the time I don't really have any issues but then again that was last year

Cons

I don't have anything to say I worked there in the first past things could have changed but I was happy

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Not worth the effort"

Former Employee - Target Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees, let's you trade schedules with other employees, and has schedules ready on time

Cons

They don't really care about the employees, lack of management skills, they like to keep high school students instead of 18+

Advice to Management

Hire people willing to work around your personal schedule and know when to keep a good employee versus a young one

10. "Enjoy working with guests!!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent amount of hours and pay, at least for me and my situation. I like the idea of the "shift swap sheet", but I think it could be better. I really appreciate that the schedules are put out so far in advanced!!

Cons

I understand it is retail, and we are there for the guests. There needs to be a better balance between guests needs and team members breaks!! I need my breaks in a timely fashion to better take care of my guests!

Advice to Management

It would be great if all the stores followed the employee handbook.

Showing 34 of 24,727 reviews