Target Reviews in Valencia, CA | Glassdoor

2.4
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Self-motivation will help you reach goals"

Current Employee - Price Accuracy Team Leader in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Price Accuracy Team Leader in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self-motivation will help you reach goals. If you set your mind to do more than asked and really strive for perfection you can go far.

Cons

Lack of Communication is a big issue at many targets. It has a lot of hierarchy issues. Many people feel under-appreciated, stepped on, and worthless.

Advice to Management

Never take advantage of your peers

2. "Absolutely a horrible experience"

Former Employee - Overnight Flow Team Member in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Overnight Flow Team Member in Valencia, CA

I worked at Target (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked the overnight shift, so supervision was relatively minimal. The ability to plug in the headphones and bust out the work is huge, especially when all you're doing is stocking shelves. There was almost always extra hours available.

Cons

The overnight flow team is frequently understaffed, meaning those that show up are forced to do sometimes triple the workload. Leads and ETL's are too busy filling in on the floor to supervise properly, which means the less-efficient team members have free reign to work slowly and extend their shifts as far as possible, leaving those of us with a decent work ethic to pick up the slack. Management refused to consider schedule changes, especially for the better team members, and flat-out lied to those team members to cover their unwillingness to allow the team member to work a more beneficial schedule.

Advice to Management

Allow team members to structure their schedules better, and allow leads to actually supervise and do their jobs.

3. "backroom"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Pros

good schedule, specially for students

Cons

bad managers and during winter there is a lot of work

Advice to Management

be nicer

4. "Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection"

Former Employee - ETL-AP in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - ETL-AP in Valencia, CA

I worked at Target (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for first job out of college.

Cons

Upper Management micro managed me and would only contact me if I did something incorrect. No positive reinforcement.

5. "Decent first place for first gig"

Former Employee - Logistics Backroom Team Member in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Logistics Backroom Team Member in Valencia, CA

I worked at Target (More than a year)

Pros

Team member discount is pretty decent.

Cons

Under-staffed
    Management positions are usually in experienced to deal with may situations of day to day operations.
    Not enough hours

Advice to Management

Hire people more capable of running the store when stores manager is not present

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Cashier in Valencia, CA

Pros

Great company to work for and company discount

Cons

Hours are not the best on the weekend

Advice to Management

None

7. "Not a bad experience"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Valencia, CA

Pros

I worked at Target for a while as a inventory specialist/cart attendant. It wasn't a bad experience especially for a seasonal position. Hours were flexible, leadership was courteous, and I was offered a permanent position after I was to complete my college courses.

Cons

The training was fairly simple, although I don't really have anything bad to say because I didn't work there too long. I only worked for about a month and needed position in order to have a little money in my pocket in time in-between college.

Advice to Management

Management was great, keep doing exactly what you've been doing.

8. "Working security had its fun moments, but the majority of the job is sitting around looking for someone to catch."

Former Employee - Senior Target Protection Specialist in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Target Protection Specialist in Valencia, CA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly fun staff, and a positive work environment. Good place to get some early work experience during high school or college.

Cons

Very low pay, not many opportunities to advance without a degree.

9. "My working experience at Target"

Former Employee - Cashier in Valencia, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Greeting and interacting with different people. First experience as a cashier and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was one of my favorite jobs.

Cons

Dealing with difficult customers and the unfriendliness of some of the floor people.

Advice to Management

When I was hired at Target for the holidays, I was given an employment package. I was told there was a possibility of staying on after the holidays, as Target usually keeps a good portion of their "seasonal" employees. No one bothered to tell me that my employment at Target was over. I had to ask why I wasn't on the schedule. I was told matter-of-factly, "Oh, I guess this is your last shift". Just like that. HR thought someone had told me. I told them no one had said anything. Then HR said I must have been out sick. I told them I never had been out since my employment.Then they blamed the manager, then the manager blamed one of the floor people, who had checked my name (without even talking to me) off to indicate I had been told. It was done very poorly, in my (and others) opinion.

"So/so place to work"

Former Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Valencia, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Took college class schedule into consideration and gave plenty of time to get from school to work. Mostly very encouraging supervisors and managers.

Cons

I applied for part time, and they me working BARELY short of full time. Far too many hours for someone who, as stated above, has a college schedule to maintain. Lots of homework to do, not near enough time to do it. They also seemed a bit too unsure of what they really wanted from their employees, and the managers/supervisors didn't communicate well. Plus, they're too quick to get rid of employees for the slightest mistakes.

Advice to Management

Comunicate better with your team leads, and team leads, you guys need to communicate better with each other! One team lead would send me to work on one task, just for another one to approach, angry with me for working on that task as opposed to another. When I went to work on THAT task, yet another team lead would be upset with me for working on that task rather than some other one. Sol when I would move on to that next task, the manager would ask why I was working on that task rather than the one I'd originally started, I would explain that each of my team leads had sent me somewhere different, claiming that each task was more important than the previous, then the manager would be mad at me for not completing the origional, and find a reason why it was my fault, even though I was oly doing as i was asked. COMMINICATE BETTER!!

Showing 12 of 25,714 reviews