Target Warehouse Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can be an issue" (in 1665 reviews)

• "A lot of team members take advantage of calling out" (in 1762 reviews)

1. "Warehouse Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Warehouse Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Warehouse Operations Manager

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community involvement and focus on personal growth

Cons

Long hours with little flexibility

"Little Room for Advancing"

Current Employee - Inventory Manager; Warehouse Trainer in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Inventory Manager; Warehouse Trainer in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay and benefits packages. Every year the company will give a competitive wage increase to keep employees from turning over to other warehouses in the area. Generally speaking this raise is near $.50 so it's a nice little boost if you have interest in staying with the company.

Cons

Little to no room for advancing in the company if you're a team member to start. If you start as an executive, on the other hand, they seem to roll out a red carpet for promotions within the company. Of the three years I've been a part of the company, I've seen TWO team members get promoted to Group Leaders, and those team members had been with the company for over 7 years each.

MINIMUM requirement to become a Group Leader is a 4 year Bachelors Degree, doesn't matter what the focus is, underwater basket weaving, graphic design, they just want the check mark on your resume, and it's absolutely ridiculous. With having so many GREAT potential Group Leaders as team members who know how the Target brand is, how the distribution process works, having 3+ years experience should be a replacement for a Bachelor's Degree.

Too many young kids come in with ZERO background in a warehouse, some of them, it's their first job. Most tend to become power hungry, intimidated, or just not have no clue what's going on for 9 months or more. It's a waste of man power on Target's dime and the team members that work "below" them are the ones to suffer.

Advice to Management

Let the seasoned veteran's do what they do best. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel. Too many times have I see someone come in and ruin a perfectly good team because they think they have "innovative" ideas. You don't, we've been here long enough, we know what works and what doesn't, we'll get you your bonus, let the process that's proven profitable stay the way it is, stop being so greedy.