Target Reviews in Westland, MI | Glassdoor

Westland, MI

Brian Cornell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "A great place for flexible work and to get work experience."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Westland, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Westland, MI

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team oriented work environment.Flexible scheduling for students who want to work/go to school.Every work day is pretty much the same routine. You know what you are going to do when you get there.The job is repetition so it's easy to learn the positions.There is someone to train you/work with you until you are comfortable with what you have to do.

Cons

Sometimes you work with not so nice team leaders.Some team leaders have their favorite people and let them choose what area they want to work.

Advice to Management

Considerations should be made regarding pay for those working in the early morning hours. The work is fast-paced and very strenuous.Sometimes workers are overworked and not appreciated for what they do.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Westland, MI
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Westland, MI

Pros

This store is definitely like a family. I haven't been there over a year but I feel like I have grown a lot from this store. Its nice to see mgmt. ETL- logistics and team leaders work just as hard (I cant speak for the other teams). You always know when you're doing something right because they will acknowledge whether or not for that day, two days ago, last week, or for the entire month. You dont always get that from mgmt. and I've worked at another Target so I will know.

Cons

Benefits are hard to come by but what should I really expect from a retail store.

Advice to Management

Great Job to all three of the Logistics mgmt. Only things is to watch some of the people whose been there for a long time and ALWAYS moving slow, talk more than they work or teaming up on work that would go faster if they was separated. But other than that I think they complement eachother and have great strengths which makes a great team.

Showing 2 of 25,706 reviews