TargetCW Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TargetCW President & CEO Samer Khouli
Samer Khouli

"Solid Company with Bright Future"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I worked at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing. The longer you work there the more everyone feels like family.

Cons

None really, They just hired a VP of Sales for the company internally, which show's there is room to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Nov 10, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We strive to hire amazing people of strong character that make our culture what it is. Happy to hear you feel it's like family! Many of our team do. Thanks for the review.

"Awesome People doing awesome things"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Pros

This company has helped me find an awesome job. I really wasn't expecting anyone to be as helpful and as motivated to help other people find work. I had the delightful experience working with Jonathan, who is pretty solid with determination and will do attitude and it rubs off easily on others.

I Truly appreciate everything this company is doing. Faith in humanity restored. I can't thank them enough.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We'll pass that along to Jonathan.

"Great Company & Culture with a Big Future Ahead."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company values those who work hard and will reward you. Do your job, block out the noise, and you cannot fail. They provide tools, training, and an environment to be successful. You have to be a self-motivated person to succeed in this business. CEO values his employees almost to a fault at times. He incorporates great programs to reward people. We are all very spoiled especially for San Diego (notoriously cheap companies and salaries with little extra benefits) that is not here at TCW though.

The company has values that are highly regarded by me and most rational human beings. Those values are extremely rare in this business too. They have really started to higher much higher level people and have a great executive team being formed which should streamline the companies organization and success.

TCW will match any donation you make to charity which has allowed hundreds of thousands of dollars to be given to people in need all over the globe.

They have a passion for veterans. Aaron Arce & Jonathan Schiripo do a great deal with the Veteran community. They work very hard to help veterans get great jobs.

Cons

Not really a con since only companies in Bay and tech startups and gaming companies have fully stocked kitchens but if I have to nitpick here it goes- Costco snacks get old. Mix it up a bit get healthier ones and potentially look at providing hot meals internally and a cook would be awesome.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're glad to hear you feel supported by the company and our CEO. It's important to us that we build on character and values and are grateful that you see that lived out. Thanks!

"6 years and going strong"

Current Employee - Tax Professional in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistent quality leadership
    Growth opportunities
    I always feel challenged at work and learn new things
    Good benefits and competitive pay
    willingness of management to listen and be flexible
    Invest in their employees
    lots of perks and benefits

Cons

sometimes its hard to understand why management is so patient with underperformers

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. hope to retire here.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're glad to see you feel this way almost 6 years in! Thanks for your feedback.

"Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Tax/Finance/Account Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax/Finance/Account Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunities
    Management invests in employees
    Most employees really care about the company
    Lots of perks and benefits
    Challenging and engaging work
    Lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

sometimes management is too lenient

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're happy to have great employees who care about our company and clients. Thanks for the feedback!

"Barely a Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I worked at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Simple entry level work

-Slightly better pay than similar positions in San Diego

-Stocked kitchen

-they pay you weekly

Cons

-Very little resume boost and transferable skills, since you're basically just cold call telemarketing people all day long every day.

-most positive reviews on here were all written within 10 days or so of each other so take that for what it's worth.

-They claim to not micro manage, but you are micromanaged and monitored.

-Terrible culture of "i know what im doing so do it my way because its the only way that works" from people with little to no real experience outside of this company or industry.

-They will promote the idea of making random calls to hit a arbitrary number

-Leadership is nice enough, but tries to be overly positive and dismiss the fact that there are some big issues, and not enough power to make any real changes aside from the very top.

-They will sell you on being ok not closing a sale for about 6 months since the sales cycle is longer, but then within the first two weeks you are expected to be performing at the same volume as people who have been there 3-5 years. Also, they will start mentioning how people get let go if they don't close a sale within 90 days, when during the interview process they preach about not closing sales for 6 months

-Little to no training, their "training" is all of about 10 total hours and not very well structured.

-extreme arrogance and hierarchy

-Unreliable technology

Overall, I would not recommend this place, it isn't a "family" as its made out to be, they will get rid of you as soon as they want or need to. The money you will make is somewhat inflated and based off a few people, but there is ZERO guidance and direction, along with zero training. Some of the people who have a few years in there are in a nice spot, but understand that the job is overall not great. Its a good ole boys club so if you don't make up reasons to go sit in the Leaderships office and chum it up, you wont get as far. Dont be sold on the great grand trips because that is changing as the company grows, sure you will go to Cabo for 3 days, but the trips of the past they will sell you on are few and far between now with the growth. The free vitamin water wasn't enough incentive to tele-market all day long, it is a toxic mind numbing environment, where most people really aren't that happy, and its obvious once you peek behind the curtain.

If you have no job, or are fresh out of college, it is better than nothing, but this is not a magical great place to work like the reviews make it out to be. Use it as a stepping stone till the next thing comes along because this wont propel you into anything great.

Advice to Management

actually let people with titles do their job. Your golden horses make it a rough environment for everyone else. Also,pay for linkedin premium.

Jun 27, 2016 – CEO

Sorry you didn't have success in selling at TargetCW. Selling is not for the light of heart. It requires a lot of work, and perseverance. Not "pros" that focus on a weekly paycheck, stocked kitchen ... More

"good agency"

Current Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Responsive, professional, weekly pay. Ability to check pay stubs, hours online. Log hours online.

Cons

The agency itself never hired me. Their client did.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people, great perks (free daily lunch, weekly massages, all expense paid trips and etc..). No micromanaging - so if you need hand holding this might not be for you.

Cons

Too many wonderful and sugary snacks and drinks in the kitchen that tempt me :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Shiny Exterior, Putrid Interior"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at TargetCW full-time

Pros

-Nice place for simple minded entry level work, long hours and a little resume boost
    -Made some life long friends
    -Met some cool clients
    -Made some cash as a successful sales rep (one of the few)
    -Went on some fun trips

Cons

CEO terminated me via a voicemail after 5 years... if this doesn't tell you how much value or respect the company has for its people, I don't know what will.

-Over promise, under deliver (due to lack of time or "I never said that")
    -You are just a number to them, regardless of the "we are a family" promise
    -No leadership or guidance, you are left on an island without support, CEO wont empower anyone to do anything, thinks he can handle everything but doesn't have nearly the time (constant line of people at his office, people wandering around looking for him, new employees lost and begging for direction)
    -Drama and rumors floating everywhere, very cliquey
    -Nepotistic hiring of friends
    -Religion is in the workplace, little separation and prayers in parking lot have happened... yet Christianity is out the window when dealing with people, Christian In Name Only (Matthew 7:12)
    -My equipment was unreliable (computer reset or froze regularly...and I wasn't the only one), internet regularly died, phones would go out (IT joked "its like we are on an ancient cursed burial ground" in response to the constant tech failures he had to try to fix)
    -TargetCW is a startup from one of the guys that ran Payrolling.com, he learned some lessons from the failures but not nearly enough

You either leave soon enough to be remembered as a hero or stay long enough to be a villain.

Advice to Management

Treat your people as you would like to be treated. Communication and honesty are policies that we should all strive to live by. Treat your people great from the start to the end. Find ways to support your people and help them enhance their lives (not just the company).

Make the company what you sell it as, focus on being more than just a great first impression... actually be great.

Jan 26, 2016 – CEO

We're sorry you feel that way. I'm sure any decent CEO wouldn't let a stellar 5 year employee go, in fact, I would do my best to keep that person around for years to come. Why would you stay at ... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and great culture!

Cons

The Frozen Yogurt machine only has 2 flavors.