TargetCW Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TargetCW President & CEO Samer Khouli
Samer Khouli

"Accept everything, question nothing, and you'll do fine."

I worked at TargetCW full-time

Pros

Talented people, good benefits and amenities.

Cons

Exempts treated like hourly employees.

Micro-managed by the CEO, including periodic emails about what's permissible on your desk, including the maximum number of sticky-notes. Style over substance became a common theme.

Vague whiffs of nepotism, cronyism.

Managers have restricted empowerment - a senior manager confided to me that he didn't even know if he had firing authority, what his signature authority was, etc.

CEO's dog ran wild leaving messes behind that just added to the natural ambiance.

Salary was significantly below industry average.

CEO and/or senior staff would consistently send out badgering emails directing employees go online and to give the highest possible ratings to TCW on sites such as best-place-to-work-in-san-diego, and this site, in order to generate the best possible view of the company.

Advice to Management

Let people do the work you hire them to do.

Dec 19, 2016 – Marketing Manager

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience here wasn’t favorable. You’re right about our talented people, good benefits, and amenities. Making our company ... More

"Solid Company with Bright Future"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I worked at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing. The longer you work there the more everyone feels like family.

Cons

None really, They just hired a VP of Sales for the company internally, which show's there is room to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Nov 10, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We strive to hire amazing people of strong character that make our culture what it is. Happy to hear you feel it's like family! Many of our team do. Thanks for the review.

"nothing but Pros"

I worked at TargetCW full-time

Pros

The team of employees at TargetCW is what makes the company tick. They are an awesome, hardworking group.

Cons

dogs in the office. I don't like dogs

Sep 9, 2016 – Marketing Manager

You're definitely right! The people here make this place amazing. Thanks for the review.

"Awesome People doing awesome things"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Pros

This company has helped me find an awesome job. I really wasn't expecting anyone to be as helpful and as motivated to help other people find work. I had the delightful experience working with Jonathan, who is pretty solid with determination and will do attitude and it rubs off easily on others.

I Truly appreciate everything this company is doing. Faith in humanity restored. I can't thank them enough.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We'll pass that along to Jonathan.

"Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Tax/Finance/Account Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax/Finance/Account Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunities
    Management invests in employees
    Most employees really care about the company
    Lots of perks and benefits
    Challenging and engaging work
    Lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

sometimes management is too lenient

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're happy to have great employees who care about our company and clients. Thanks for the feedback!

"6 years and going strong"

Current Employee - Tax Professional in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistent quality leadership
    Growth opportunities
    I always feel challenged at work and learn new things
    Good benefits and competitive pay
    willingness of management to listen and be flexible
    Invest in their employees
    lots of perks and benefits

Cons

sometimes its hard to understand why management is so patient with underperformers

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. hope to retire here.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're glad to see you feel this way almost 6 years in! Thanks for your feedback.

"Great Company & Culture with a Big Future Ahead."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company values those who work hard and will reward you. Do your job, block out the noise, and you cannot fail. They provide tools, training, and an environment to be successful. You have to be a self-motivated person to succeed in this business. CEO values his employees almost to a fault at times. He incorporates great programs to reward people. We are all very spoiled especially for San Diego (notoriously cheap companies and salaries with little extra benefits) that is not here at TCW though.

The company has values that are highly regarded by me and most rational human beings. Those values are extremely rare in this business too. They have really started to higher much higher level people and have a great executive team being formed which should streamline the companies organization and success.

TCW will match any donation you make to charity which has allowed hundreds of thousands of dollars to be given to people in need all over the globe.

They have a passion for veterans. Aaron Arce & Jonathan Schiripo do a great deal with the Veteran community. They work very hard to help veterans get great jobs.

Cons

Not really a con since only companies in Bay and tech startups and gaming companies have fully stocked kitchens but if I have to nitpick here it goes- Costco snacks get old. Mix it up a bit get healthier ones and potentially look at providing hot meals internally and a cook would be awesome.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're glad to hear you feel supported by the company and our CEO. It's important to us that we build on character and values and are grateful that you see that lived out. Thanks!

"Great Place to Work"

Pros

I love it here. This is a place where you really need to be able to thrive in a work environment where you are not micro-managed. Not everyone can do this, and some can even take advantage of the freedom. But, if you are a hard worker, an honest worker, and a go-getter then you will definitely do well here. This is a "work hard play hard" type of place. This is not a corporate environment.

Some Perks:
    Fully stocked kitchen
    Gym
    Monthly massage
    Car wash on site (you have to pay for this but still pretty convenient)
    Annual cabo trip
    Samer bucks given for good performance - which you can then use to spend in the "Samer store" - Kindles, TV's, cameras, gift cards, etc

This is a growing company which opens up so many doors of opportunities. New positions and departments being created. Pay is fair. Work/life balance is great. You are in charge of your work (no micro management) so it's up to you to arrange things so your work is covered if you are out of office. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

The CEO is an amazing person as well as a great CEO. He is always walking around and makes a point to greet everyone. He is easy to talk to and has an open door policy. He has great values and a great vision.

Cons

The only con I can see here is, there are some people that should have been let go a long time ago, maybe some tenured people. There are some people who have bad attitudes that don't have much to bring to the table, or some that don't perform the best work, but in time I can see (or have seen) these people eventually being let go. Just doesn't happen as quickly as it should.

Advice to Management

See cons.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it here!

"Great place if you're hard working ethical human being. Its great if your not, but you won't last long."

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at TargetCW (More than a year)

Pros

High trust, open environment. You can talk to the CEO and management . Plenty of chances to grow in a company that actually cares about you.

Trips are fun, I enjoy coming into work everyday. I have pride in who I and what I do and that is recognized by management and the CEO. I also make very good money here, more than I ever thought.

Cons

Not mamy. A few people here are negative on occasion and it seems management should let them go soon than later but that their choice.

Some programs aren't as formal as I like. But the programs work fine.

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome. I've worked at other companies and hands down you are one of the best places to work for.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the honest feedback! We're so glad to hear you enjoy coming to work every day!

"Attorney"

Pros

Great environment, really enjoyed coming into work and the perks are unreal. Almost like working at Google. Best and most caring boss to work for.

Cons

Growth can be limited and stifled. Focus tends to be on sales people and everyone else is second class. Favoritism is a regular practice and can be toxic for the work place.

Advice to Management

focus on other members of the team and allow everyone their opportunity to shine, not just the handful of people that hangout with the boss outside of the office.

Jun 27, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your comments. We do need more recognition for other departments and have been working on that. Not sure which departments had favoritism, but we'll make sure it doesn't get toxic. ... More