TargetCW Reviews | Glassdoor

TargetCW President & CEO Samer Khouli
Samer Khouli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • In my opinion, there are no cons (in 5 reviews)

• Micro-managed by the CEO, including periodic emails about what's permissible on your desk, including the maximum number of sticky-notes (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best if the best!"

Current Employee - Operations Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, leadership, culture, excellence, values, pricing, genuine, care for all, they are a legit good company. Like none I've ever worked for or met.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Awesome Experience!"

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Century City, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Century City, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jonathan was extremely kind, knowledgeable and he thoroughly prepared me for my interview. He demonstrated professionalism and genuinely wanted me to be successful in my interview. Days before the interview, he called me periodically to answer any questions or concerns that I might have. Thankfully, I landed the job and have the opportunity to work for a fantastic company! I really enjoy working for TargetCW . This company has a group of individuals that truly care about their job and the people around them. I highly recommend TargetCW to everyone I know and to Jonathan, keep up the awesome job!!

Cons

My experience has been very positive! No cons here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding job!

"Great company with a fun and happy culture"

Pros

I feel like I have been trained and set up to succeed. I just have to do the work. There is always someone around to support my efforts and to answer my questions. I am in the sales department and am amazed at the team comradery. Everyone is happy and the atmosphere is very positive. Sales can at times be discouraging, but because of the people that surround me, it is easy to pick myself up and keep going and moving forward. I have learned so much in my position and am very grateful for my direct bosses, my co workers and even the people in the other departments. Everyone is incredibly supportive.

The facilities and benefits are so great too. We get to come to a beautiful place with great people. I feel very fortunate.

Cons

In my opinion, there are no cons. I am very happy here and if I had any concerns, I feel like I am able to go to my supervisors or even the CEO who has an open door policy.

"Accept everything, question nothing, and you'll do fine."

I worked at TargetCW full-time

Pros

Talented people, good benefits and amenities.

Cons

Exempts treated like hourly employees.

Micro-managed by the CEO, including periodic emails about what's permissible on your desk, including the maximum number of sticky-notes. Style over substance became a common theme.

Vague whiffs of nepotism, cronyism.

Managers have restricted empowerment - a senior manager confided to me that he didn't even know if he had firing authority, what his signature authority was, etc.

CEO's dog ran wild leaving messes behind that just added to the natural ambiance.

Salary was significantly below industry average.

CEO and/or senior staff would consistently send out badgering emails directing employees go online and to give the highest possible ratings to TCW on sites such as best-place-to-work-in-san-diego, and this site, in order to generate the best possible view of the company.

Advice to Management

Let people do the work you hire them to do.

Dec 19, 2016 – Marketing Manager

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience here wasn’t favorable. You’re right about our talented people, good benefits, and amenities. Making our company... More

"Solid Company with Bright Future"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I worked at TargetCW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing. The longer you work there the more everyone feels like family.

Cons

None really, They just hired a VP of Sales for the company internally, which show's there is room to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Nov 10, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We strive to hire amazing people of strong character that make our culture what it is. Happy to hear you feel it's like family! Many of our team do. Thanks for the review.

"nothing but Pros"

I worked at TargetCW full-time

Pros

The team of employees at TargetCW is what makes the company tick. They are an awesome, hardworking group.

Cons

dogs in the office. I don't like dogs

Sep 9, 2016 – Marketing Manager

You're definitely right! The people here make this place amazing. Thanks for the review.

"Awesome People doing awesome things"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Pros

This company has helped me find an awesome job. I really wasn't expecting anyone to be as helpful and as motivated to help other people find work. I had the delightful experience working with Jonathan, who is pretty solid with determination and will do attitude and it rubs off easily on others.

I Truly appreciate everything this company is doing. Faith in humanity restored. I can't thank them enough.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We'll pass that along to Jonathan.

"Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Tax/Finance/Account Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax/Finance/Account Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunities
    Management invests in employees
    Most employees really care about the company
    Lots of perks and benefits
    Challenging and engaging work
    Lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

sometimes management is too lenient

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're happy to have great employees who care about our company and clients. Thanks for the feedback!

"6 years and going strong"

Current Employee - Tax Professional in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistent quality leadership
    Growth opportunities
    I always feel challenged at work and learn new things
    Good benefits and competitive pay
    willingness of management to listen and be flexible
    Invest in their employees
    lots of perks and benefits

Cons

sometimes its hard to understand why management is so patient with underperformers

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. hope to retire here.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're glad to see you feel this way almost 6 years in! Thanks for your feedback.

"Great Company & Culture with a Big Future Ahead."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TargetCW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company values those who work hard and will reward you. Do your job, block out the noise, and you cannot fail. They provide tools, training, and an environment to be successful. You have to be a self-motivated person to succeed in this business. CEO values his employees almost to a fault at times. He incorporates great programs to reward people. We are all very spoiled especially for San Diego (notoriously cheap companies and salaries with little extra benefits) that is not here at TCW though.

The company has values that are highly regarded by me and most rational human beings. Those values are extremely rare in this business too. They have really started to higher much higher level people and have a great executive team being formed which should streamline the companies organization and success.

TCW will match any donation you make to charity which has allowed hundreds of thousands of dollars to be given to people in need all over the globe.

They have a passion for veterans. Aaron Arce & Jonathan Schiripo do a great deal with the Veteran community. They work very hard to help veterans get great jobs.

Cons

Not really a con since only companies in Bay and tech startups and gaming companies have fully stocked kitchens but if I have to nitpick here it goes- Costco snacks get old. Mix it up a bit get healthier ones and potentially look at providing hot meals internally and a cook would be awesome.

Aug 22, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're glad to hear you feel supported by the company and our CEO. It's important to us that we build on character and values and are grateful that you see that lived out. Thanks!