Targeted Victory "campaign" Reviews | Glassdoor

Targeted Victory Employee Reviews about "campaign"

Updated Aug 8, 2017

4.2
Targeted Victory CEO Zac Moffatt (no image)
Zac Moffatt
Pros
  • "Targeted Victory has created a work environment that is comfortable, but also efficient(in 7 reviews)

• "The laid-back office environment makes it a very enjoyable place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "There tends to be an overall lack of organization company wide which has a lot to do with the nature of being so centered on campaign cycles(in 4 reviews)

• "As expected, hours get longer during peak election season(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "campaign"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best First Job Experience"

Former Employee - Client Strategist in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Targeted Victory full-time for less than a year

Pros

As my first job out of college, Targeted Victory made my transition seamless. I quickly became adjusted and got into the swing of things. After proving myself in my content writing/overall work within the first few weeks I was given larger responsibilities and soon started running the digital campaign for a General Assembly member. The people are friendly and fun and the bosses/executives within the company are some of the most accomplished and well-respected people in Washington. As my life leads me somewhere else, I am extremely sad to have to leave Targeted Victory but will always carry what I learned here with me.

Cons

It's really hard to find any cons with this company! No complaints here.

Targeted Victory2017-08-08

"Great Casual Evironment"

Current Employee - Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Targeted Victory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed but demanding office environment. You have a lot of room to grow but it will not be easy and must put in the time and effort.

Cons

There tends to be an overall lack of organization company wide which has a lot to do with the nature of being so centered on campaign cycles. The company has also gone through many different changes structurally which can be hard to follow.

Targeted Victory2016-03-03

"Great people and a great environment"

I have been working at Targeted Victory full-time

Pros

Laid back environment with an open office plan, casual dress code, and employees with incredibly diverse backgrounds - engineers. campaign alumni, data scientists, developers, designers, etc. You can really learn a lot quickly, and take on more responsibility. Salary is competitive and the benefits are great. There is genuine camaraderie within the various teams at Targeted Victory and management really makes an effort to help staff succeed.

Cons

As expected, hours get longer during peak election season. This is across all departments though - you'll never be the only one working late!

Targeted Victory2015-05-27

"A Company with a Mission"

Former Contractor - Business Development (On) in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Targeted Victory for less than a year

Pros

The core team at Targeted Victory has a ton of experience and is very committed to their client's success. The company has a "start-up" feel and is focused on innovation and growth in the Political/Digital space. They work with the top campaigns and political groups on the right. Great relationships with top tech companies like Google, Facebook, etc.. Strong team spirit and sense of mission. Friendly office environment.

Cons

Definitely a place for people with a real passion for politics and digital marketing. If you are lukewarm or faking it you will probably feel out of place. When campaign season heats up it is all hands on deck.

Targeted Victory2015-05-11

"Exciting work, great people!"

Current Employee - Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Targeted Victory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you like the past paced environment of a campaign with the laid back attitude of a tech company, you will love working here. The people are great to work with and you have a lot of free reign to take on new responsibilities.

Cons

The work schedule can be demanding during election years, a lot of working remotely nights, weekends, etc. However, to make up for it, office hours get more flexible on non-election years.

Targeted Victory2015-05-06

"Beware revolving door. Quick to give great offers, but also quick to fire you on any type of mistake"

Former Employee - Developer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Targeted Victory full-time for more than a year

Pros

If your a hardcore conservative republican there are some decent social events around the Winter Holidays.

Cons

The Leadership will fire you or lay you off very quickly if you are not a "profitable employee". You can get hired during elections and fired right after The severance is not very good if you fired/laid off The pay is much less than industry competitors The Hours are LONG during campaign time, and you do not get paid overtime. Even though there is a flexible vacation/sick time, it is highly encouraged that you do not take any time off. If you take time off you get a lot of criticism.

Targeted Victory2014-12-03

"Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Targeted Victory full-time

Pros

You will be thrown into the fray and be forced to learn. Everyone is willing to help you learn if you are willing to ask. You can go in there having no idea what you are doing and in that matter of days you will know it inside and out. Mostly because of necessity and repetition. I credit Targeted Victory for me being as educated and well-rounded as I am. The knowledge I have is irreplaceable and the work environment I was in makes everything I do now seem like its 5 intensity levels lower, so I can handle whatever I am doing with calmness and poise. Plus no one comes near them in terms of actually doing digital in republican politics. They are leading the way on this new frontier and I could easily seeing them being a billion dollar company.

Cons

You are working for a company that works as a vendor for political candidates. Political campaigns don't sleep, there is always stuff to do - most campaigns will have you working from 7AM until 8-9PM every night...now multiply that by 3. Because now you are a vendor for three political campaigns, meaning when you put together social posts, e-mail lists, and ad orders in to the ad team you, you will do that two or three more times each day...7 days a week. They work really hard to make sure to get everything scheduled/approved before the weekends so you can get the weekends off, but in campaign environments you are always on call, it's not the companies fault, but it is taxing. Add in the fact that you also need to wait for some unresponsive clients to give you approval to move forward, you are constantly waiting for answers while juggling a ton of other things.

Targeted Victory2014-08-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews