Tarheel Media Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey K. Hayes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Clayton, NC

Pros

Great company. Wonderful, helpful, friendly staff and management. Answer all of my questions as a new employee and offer help when needed. They even take time away from their own appointments/sales to help new employees with their appointments/sales. Great salary plus commission so once you get your sales going you can make good money.

Cons

Commute to the different areas. Know what you're getting in to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Media Consultant
    Former Employee - Media Consultant

Pros

None at all. It is a scam.

Cons

Crooks. Working the system and ripping off employees and customers

Advice to Management

Get a life. How do you live with your self.

"Sell your soul"

Pros

Nice people work here. There is opportunity to make good money.

Cons

Little to no training. Must sell ice to Eskimos in order to thrive.

Advice to Management

Take a little time to do hands on training or develop a detailed training program someone can do on their own or expect lots of turn over.

"Loyal and Supportive Co-Workers and Management!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I don't feel like I'm coming to "work," when I get here. The staff makes you feel right at home, right away! Great training and management answers any questions you may have. They were all very supportive of me when I had to take a leave of absence suddenly; it made me feel like they really cared. Great people make for a great workplace, and this is the place!

Cons

My commute. No cons for the company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work-doing great

5. "Good place to make $$$"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Clayton, NC

I worked at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have limited or a lot of sales experience you can make good money, as long as you follow the training. I made better money here than at any job previously. I felt the training is good and the support was excellent. The sales manager made himself available for help when needed. I liked the contests they offered.

Cons

I had to leave due to family situation. I would like to have been able to do part-time work, but it was not available. I am writing this review because I saw that other employees wrote negatively. However, i will tell you they are probably some that the rest of the sales team was hoping would be gone anyway. Not to sound mean, but a lot of people didn't really work hard and expected a lot for doing nothing.

Advice to Management

Please consider part time sales opportunities for us working moms :)

"Unprofessional and Misogynistic"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has no pros. I would give it no stars but this format will not allow me to.
    I hope to prevent other women from working for this company.

Cons

If you are a woman working for this company you will be subject to swearing, dirty jokes and bully tactics. Being yelled at, screamed at, and arbitrarily punished if you've said something the owner does not like are regular facts of life with this company. One young woman was told to wear short skirts if she wanted to make sales.

Advice to Management

More training for managers about being professional. At every level from hiring to initial training, paperwork and commissions to exit interviews was handled sloppily and crudely.

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Clayton, NC

I worked at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like outside sales and travel stays for months at a time away family and a manager who will berate you and call you names, then this is the job for you.

Cons

This is the most unprofessional and mismanaged company I have ever worked for. The manager was verbally abusive to all of his reps. They never pay you the commissions you have made. Most of your time is spent traveling and there is no time for your own personal life. The manager will make you meet him at Sheetz gas station in the morning if your numbers are low and talk down to you and call you names for 2 hrs, and then say "Good Luck Selling Today." The owner is all about the money and has lost a lot of really good reps. Their turnover is extremely high since their attitude is "everyone's replaceable". Don't bother working there- you will spend more money on gas and running around for them and they will not pay you the commission they promise. The office staff is gossipy and unprofessional and will lose your commission sheets. I cant imagine how many former employers are owed back pay they never received. Any good reviews on this company are made by the company themselves. Anyone who is a former employee got out when they found another job. This one was a joke!

Advice to Management

You've read the reviews and hopefully you take something away from that. I think you should be reported for your horrible treatment of employees.

"Also known as Tarheel Publishing and Tarheel Pages, see Tarheel Pages Facebook page."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Clayton, NC

I worked at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only Pro is the posts that are listed on here to help you avoid the corruption that goes with this company. Employees need to begin filing a report with the Department of Labor and BBB.

Cons

The corruption is from accounting to the promises made to the customers. They are the reason sales people get a bad rap because they promise everything and deliver nothing leaving the business owners helpless because they are in a contract. The businesses need to start sharing their experiences with the BBB.

Advice to Management

Stop taking money from the staff and your customers. You take money for services you don't deliver and you make sure that the employees can't get paid on their accounts sold so that you collect all of the payments. Unbelievable that you can live with your choices to hurt people like this.

Tarheel Media Solutions Response

Jul 2, 2014 – Director Of Sales

This is not a current employee. Current employees have all been here for a while and have been extremely happy with the opportunity offered to them as stated by their reviews below. The only thing... More

9. "Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Clayton, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Clayton, NC

I have been working at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highest level of training offered to each hired employee. A new employee with no previous sales experience in the industry can learn to be successful with Tarheel Publishing. You set your own goals, and the monetary rewards are unlimited. Flexible time is rewarded to employees that work hard and want to make money.

Cons

No cons related to the company, but cons of previously hired/terminated individuals that do not apply themselves, ask questions about his or her position, and use the training skills and tools that are offered by the employer.

Advice to Management

Keep the perks won from contests coming!! The incentive to be rewarded for working hard is superior for employees, and often not offered by other companies.

10. "Don't believe the Negativity"

I have been working at Tarheel Media Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Freedom, Positivity, Money. 16 years and growing, small company and no corporate mindset. You get out what you put in!

Cons

The only CONS are having past employees who didn't want to take the time to learn and earn their way. Remember, "UNSUCCESSFUL people never make mistakes"

Advice to Management

Keep up the motivation and contests that give everyone a fair shot at monetary rewards for working hard and earning their way