Tarkett Reviews | Glassdoor

Tarkett Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2019

Found 118 reviews

Fabrice Barthelemy
Pros
  • "Global company with product development, manufacturing and engineering talent across No(in 4 reviews)

• "Good people trying their best despite challenges(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Needs More Structure"

Current Employee - Designer in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Tarkett full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a flexible work schedule.

Cons

Upper management needs to develop more structure.

Tarkett2019-04-30
  2. "Company In Transition...for the Better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at Tarkett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent benefits Team i work for is great Changes in Sales and Plant organization for the better. Strategy to bring some alignment is the right decision Executive leadership changes were good - feels like people are on the right seats on the bus now. Flexible work schedule and summer hours New CEO was the right move for morale, strategy and stability of company

Cons

Communication of the overall strategy and progress needed more often - we've had a lot of change. Naturally, people have concerns because most don't like change.

Advice to Management

Commit to a strategy - stick with it - communicate it ...often. Celebrate wins openly and with as much energy as we address needs for improvement. Stabilize your leadership team - strengthen your core performers Set a reward and recognition structure up to keep your best engaged

Tarkett2019-06-12

"Worst job experience I have ever had."

Former Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was at the market rate.

Cons

There was very little training for anyone and most of the management seems to be granted their positions due to seniority, not skill or aptitude. There are tons of manually processes, file cabinets, and you will be printing spreadsheets. The company invested a ton of money in SAP and approximately zero dollars in training people how to use it. In addition, management would rather about you than to you.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to provide your workers with technical skills training. It will only help your company in the long run. Also, evaluate your processes and people. Specifically, your middle managers. Some of them manage their people and perform their work like it's the 1980's. You won't keep people or keep up with the competition with that mindset.

Tarkett2019-06-13

"4/5"

Former Employee - --- in Chagrin Falls, OH

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pays well. Their effort to look well is visible. The employees give the place a team energy. Good place to work.

Cons

Their imagery is top priority and because of it they neglect other aspects of their operations and growth. Poorly planned expansion.

Advice to Management

This company is far too focused on the future it has lost sight of what is in front of them.

Tarkett2019-05-10

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Manager in Dalton, GA

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Received a regular paycheck

Cons

Constant executive turnover causes undefined strategy, repeated re-implementation of WCM, toxic old-school Tandus management, mandatory steel-toe boots for non-maintenance employees, poor morale, nepotism, poor leadership at plant level, qualified minorities in leadership roles do not last, sabotage of projects at certain plants

Advice to Management

There is much available talent in Greater Chattanooga available to replace the noxious management left over from the Tandus days, its time to remove these unqualified individuals to allow the company to prosper.

Tarkett2019-05-30
  6. "Upper management clueless"

Former Employee - Manager in Dalton, GA

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good people that try to continue the Tandus traditions

Cons

Meeting after meeting, bad time management. Can’t make carpet if in meetings all day. This is why they continue to lose quality people and money on a daily basis

Advice to Management

Listen to your team, stop relying on a textbook approach. Carpet is a hands on business, can’t run it from a conference room!

Tarkett2019-05-16

"Worst "Good Old Boy" Management Ever!"

Former Employee - Former Manager in Dalton, GA

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay was decent. The good people are on the floor, getting it done when they can get management out of the way.

Cons

The "Good Old Boy" management doesn't want to change anything for the better but says they do. If you point out problems, they will lie or hide the real truth, then put it back on you. They don't care about safety and cut corners to save money or time. They run good people off because they make the Good Old Boys look bad.

Advice to Management

U.S. Corporate management needs to clean house in Dalton. They don't realize how bad these people are ruining their company name and business.

Tarkett2019-04-13

"I really miss this place... It's a Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Materials Analyst in Florence, AL

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful group of people to work with. I have nothing bad to say about any of them. Great place to work!

Cons

None at all, great place to work and good folks!

Advice to Management

They do a great job. I miss working with all of you.

Tarkett2019-01-29

"I thought it was gold... Found it to be fools gold!"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Middlefield, OH

I have been working at Tarkett full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a steady paycheck.

Cons

Safety is a safe word for them to hide behind to justify any critical changes made. They have a problem for every solution! Laziness is recognized immediately and gets offered jobs to be even more lazy.

Advice to Management

Motivation and morale are what make strong soldiers. You've allowed all motivation and morale to disappear. People used to go the extra mile and now they're not even going the mile. This is nothing more than a job to most folks. You've overhauled our management and provided us with an imbecile. FFS this guy has tried to find a way to make having water unsafe!

Tarkett2019-02-01

"New North American CEO is out of touch."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Tarkett full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some great people there for now.

Cons

New North American leader has no connection to the business and is constantly talking about himself. He is going to drive more people away.

Advice to Management

Need to replace the North American CEO

Tarkett2018-12-27