Tata Consultancy Services Reviews
71% would recommend to a friend
(126480 total reviews)
77% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good and on site opportunities are there if you stay for atleast 2 years" (in 16380 reviews)
- "1. TCS provides job security and is good for senior level people who would have freshly joined TCS" (in 10089 reviews)
- "Location of the firm as its in the centre of the city and the work culture is also Good" (in 4873 reviews)
- "Good work environment and you have to work end to end on the project so learning is excellent." (in 2773 reviews)
- "The biggest pro is job security and if you work hard definitely it can be rewarding" (in 2154 reviews)
- "Salary will be less for bps process hikes and promotion are way ahead thats all nothing to add" (in 11247 reviews)
- "Low salary hike per year on an average 2 % or some time less than that also" (in 3664 reviews)
- "Huge number of employees; TCS is mainly a service based company; Employee performance management is poor." (in 3377 reviews)
- "Less pay in the initial days but always being satisfied with the workload and pressures." (in 2491 reviews)
- "Your experience in TCS will greatly depend on what account you are assigned to because there are good and bad managers as in every company." (in 1579 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Tata Consultancy Services and is not affected by filters.
Found 126,480 of over 135K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDetroit, MI
Strong team emphasis and senior leadership takes a large interest in junior employees
At times, the working hours can be long.
- 1.0Nov 29, 2023Global Recruitment ManagerFormer EmployeeAtlanta, GA
They are unorganized so it's easy to excel if you're organized and work hard.
Even if you give your best, the company's process controls will not allow you to do your job to the best of your ability. Also, I was laid off (part of a very large RIF) and they gave me 4 weeks severance for 5 years of service, at 60 years old in a very hard employment market (same severance for those who put in 10 and 11 years service).
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023End User Computing SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsAtlanta, GA
Great place to work with technology opportunities helping you learn with work and enhance your technical skills
Compensation is not up to the market.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCedar Rapids, IA
Very relaxed work environment. Very understanding and supporting management.
The position is expiring which is the only negative.
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsNewark, DE
They will give lot of benefits like free laptop, headset, car compute to office.
Salary is so high and wallet is not able to hold.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Good Health Benefits and opportunities to work in different industry units
Lack of flexibility for work-life balance
Tata Consultancy Services Reviews FAQs
Tata Consultancy Services has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 135,058 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Tata Consultancy Services to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
71% of Tata Consultancy Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tata Consultancy Services 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.