Tate Publishing & Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Tate Publishing & Enterprises Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2019

Found 14 reviews

2.0
  1. "Great Place until they Laid off people"

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tate was one of the best places I've ever worked in, coworkers were awesome and the managers were too. The place was very relaxing and stress free. Pay was ok for the job I had to do.

Cons

When the lay offs started the work load more than tripled. We were doing all the jobs everyone who got laid off used to do for the same wage. The environment became tense and stressful, there was never money in our budget to get anything done or fixed. Couldn't pay the bills after they began cutting hours to save the "company money". It was time to move on to better things.

Advice to Management

Stop spending the companies money on your personal needs and stop promising Authors orders you know you cant afford to make. Just stop taking any more orders.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2016-12-10

"Sales"

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There were other co workers feeling the same pain with management. We could vent and laugh it off while looking for new jobs. There is nothing about the job or management that is positive. That is not an exaggeration. The honest employees that used to work there would literally leave every day shaking their head at the latest lie or tactic that owners and executive staff would use to make a buck.

Cons

Management will look you straight in the eye and lie to you. They ask you to lie to authors about services they provide. They make you lie to potential authors about honest reviews on blog sites that have been written by existing authors. When you sell something to an author, management does not follow through with providing the services that were promised. They do not pay royalties to authors. When problems arise,...

Advice to Management

Close the doors and stop lying to people. Several years ago, employees and authors believed your gimmicks and your lies but now people are beginning to see through. Sell some of your luxuries such as Cadillac's, classic cars, and your mansion and guest complex in gated community etc and pay your workers what you owe them.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2017-01-17

"Unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mustang, OK

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises for more than a year

Pros

Time flew by when we had materials to do our jobs

Cons

Somehow the we never had enough money to pay for our material plus all the lawsuits against Tate made it just too hard to see a future for the company.

Advice to Management

Suicide

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2016-08-17

"Cant get out fast enough!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mustang, OK

I have been working at Tate Publishing & Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome co workers who are stuck in the same hell as me.

Cons

There isn't enough room to list all the cons of working here. BEWARE!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn how to tell the truth and mean it when you say, "can I pray for you?"

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2016-08-10

"Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Mustang, OK

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises full-time

Pros

Some of the people are great coworkers. I can't really think of anything else. There aren't really many positives to working there.

Cons

The sales goals are unrealistic. The "training" is a joke. You will be told different things by different people when learning that don't match up. If you want to succeed there you have to put in about 60 to 70 hours a week. The job I had was called a marketing consultant, but it's not marketing. It's basically cold call sales.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your authors if you want to succeed as a company because this company is a sinking ship.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2016-08-05
  6. "Was a good place to work.....was"

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises

Pros

35 hour work weeks were nice

Cons

There were a whole lot of cons

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2016-01-18

"Hated Working here"

I have been working at Tate Publishing & Enterprises for more than a year

Pros

I honestly can't think of any... they handed out 50's at the company party? I also had great co-workers but it really tainted my impression of what a company is supposed to be. It wasn't a good impression.

Cons

I was in a sales-like position and if you didn't meet your goals, you were worried about getting the boot. I didn't like that there was no room for advancement. Poor salary.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with your employees. Be a transparent business.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2015-09-28

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Editor

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers I had were great. Each individual department did the best they could with the horrible executive management.

Cons

Pay was weak, company in financial ruin, outsourcing/offshoring in the Philippines.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2015-05-05

"Author"

I have been working at Tate Publishing & Enterprises

Pros

Staff is supportive in editing manuscript, providing design for book cover, and providing text format for author.

Cons

Price for production is rather high in comparison to the company providing sales to author through marketing skills. Basically the author does much of the marketing.

Advice to Management

Company needs to get more involved with the sales of the authors' books.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2014-12-11

"A company that's in over their head. They are drowning in debt and can't even afford to pay the health care for employees."

I worked at Tate Publishing & Enterprises

Pros

You bond with other employees that had the the lid pulled over their eyes into a subpar job that doesn't meet expectations.

Cons

No work life balance Bonuses are a joke The health care sucks, when they pay the bill. Keep all paperwork/emails When they hire you it's take it or leave it so you don't have time to do your research.

Advice to Management

Be honest and not a wolf in Sherpa clothes.

Tate Publishing & Enterprises2014-11-15