Tate & Lyle Sugars Reviews | Glassdoor

Tate & Lyle Sugars Reviews

Updated Jan 4, 2019

Tate & Lyle Sugars Co-Presidents Luis Fernandez & Antonio L. Contreras (no image)
Luis Fernandez & Antonio L. Contreras
  1. "Good Company with great history"

Current Employee - Human Resources in London, England

I have been working at Tate & Lyle Sugars full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for Tate & Lyle Sugars for almost two years now. I think it is a great company, my manager is really supportive, instructive and allows me to drive my career. The company has a lot of history and is really interesting company to work for. The number one pro for me though is the people. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Work hours are also really good.

Cons

The location around the refinery doesn't have much in the way of shops, restaurants and places to visit during the lunch hour.

Tate & Lyle Sugars2019-01-04
  2. "Busy, Changing and bags of opportunities"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Tate & Lyle Sugars

Pros

Flexibility in regards to working hours and the ability to make proactive changes within my team for the benefit of all staff and employees. Although I am a contractor I am treated as past of the team and included in all aspects of the business that are related to my role.

Cons

The company has a fast pace culture which is not for everyone, there is a high performance culture with high deliverable.

Advice to Management

Invest in more collect social events as this will help the business celebrate successes, the company is doing so much within the community but employees are not aware of all the good work the business is doing.

Tate & Lyle Sugars2018-10-17
  3. "good companyno listening to continantal demands"

Senior Sales Manager

I worked at Tate & Lyle Sugars

Pros

good open climat / and a lot of opportunities If you take them good products good marketing support

Cons

communication internal and external not listening to continental demands

Advice to Management

support sales internal

Tate & Lyle Sugars2017-04-25

"The Worst Manager I have ever worked for"

I worked at Tate & Lyle Sugars full-time

Pros

There are mostly nice, professional people. Good opportunities if you are in the right department and under the right manager.

Cons

There are some managers who has been promoted purely based on their experience in the company, but with zero people management skills. If you are recruited to work under one of these managers, it is your hard luck as they will not let you become successful.

Tate & Lyle Sugars2016-07-30

"Awful"

Former Employee - Operator in London, England

I worked at Tate & Lyle Sugars full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can sit in Tea Rooms when machines breakdown which is a regular occurrence. 12hrs of doing nothing, can sleep all night.

Cons

Managers care only for themselves, to your face they talk to you as if your perfect, behind your back they put you down. No progression.

Advice to Management

Change all your managers. Stop with the graduates who have NO people skills, employee from the shop floor.

Tate & Lyle Sugars2016-04-08

"Tate & Lyle Sugars"

I worked at Tate & Lyle Sugars

Pros

an excellent company to work for, great staff, good environment and opportunities. Friendly atmosphere and active community programmmes for volunteers

Cons

location is difficult to get to via public transport but links are improving, and travel by road can be difficult at peak times but work the effort to get there

Advice to Management

carry on doing more of the same invest in the people and work with raw sugar suppliers and customers to promote the company

Tate & Lyle Sugars2016-02-22

"Not a meritocracy, unless you're in the right department at the right time."

I worked at Tate & Lyle Sugars full-time

Pros

Not as high-pressure as some companies as volume is relatively low. Generally relaxed atmosphere. You can engage with many levels of management. Perhaps all the way to the top. You can get exposure to many departments and opportunities to travel may also arise.

Cons

As the volume of trading is lower than other places, the pay is also lower. No structured paths/progression for juniors: If your performance is outstanding, therefore, you won't necessarily get acknowledgement in terms of promotions, unless you happen to be in a department that can accommodate it. Not very technologically advanced. Some departments work much longer hours than others, without much difference in remuneration (if any). -Could work out as a 'pro' for you, though, depending on which side of the coin you're on.

Advice to Management

If times are bad, such that you cannot reward your best people, they should not be forgotten when the opportunity arises in future years. Or else you have just wasted their time and adversely affected their career.

Tate & Lyle Sugars2014-03-16