Tate & Lyle "good people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Tate & Lyle Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated 24 de May 2017

3.7
Tate & Lyle CEO Nick Hampton (no image)
Nick Hampton
Pros
  • "There are some good people working very hard wanting to make a difference(in 17 reviews)

• "Great work being done by great people to make a difference in the world(in 15 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - Scientist in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than a year

Pros

the company has good people and management is great. Coworkers are knowledgeable and helpful. environment is very collaborative and management is engaged

Cons

it is a large company so it is sometimes hard to get decisions made in a timely manner. The company is global and sometimes collaboration becomes difficult when dealing with overseas colleagues

Advice to Management

keep engaging employees

Tate & Lyle2014-01-30

"Hoffman Estates office"

I have been working at Tate & Lyle for less than a year

Pros

There are some good people working very hard wanting to make a difference. Focus and concern of safety for employees.

Cons

No work life balance. Too much work and not enough resources. Expectations are not realistic..you will burn out quickly. Teams dont communicate well. These are all reasons why New hires leave the company so quickly. I have seen a lot of people leave since I started. Moral has been low and Management is not addressing it. Bonus structure is not fair. Only managers or above receive it. You work extra hard for a... minimal yearly increase.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes....employees are leaving...or looking to leave. Why are you not addressing the issues to retain your talent?

Tate & Lyle2017-05-25

"Meh"

Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people and lots of opportunity to learn and do. Decent pay. Great safety culture.

Cons

limited advancement and buisiness development, like six sigma, or recognized training programes. Some managers are not good managers.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your people. hourly employees and non college educated supervisors should not make more than professionals.

Tate & Lyle2016-11-12
  4. "Not so bad to work here"

I worked at Tate & Lyle full-time

Pros

Good people in the manufacturing level. Very skilled professionals with a very strong safety culture

Cons

Old school leadership. Does not work well with technology a gen X

Advice to Management

Listen to employee's. Start training new generations of people.

Tate & Lyle2016-07-06

"True Review"

Current Employee - Area Maint Coordinator in Loudon, TN

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay, Great Benifits, Good people,

Cons

Standards always changing, no set standards

Advice to Management

Maintain 1 Standard

Tate & Lyle2016-03-24
  6. "Current thoughts"

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time

Pros

Great product portfolio, customer loyalty, some good people

Cons

Legacy attitude, poorly constructed compensation, shortterm outlook

Tate & Lyle2016-03-21

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Process/Project Engineer in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Good people to work with. People generally care about the company and doing what's best. - Very strong core business that consistently turns a profit, so job security is strong. - Lots of exposure to different processes and unit operations allows young engineers a well rounded experience and knowledge base. - A career progression ladder has been developed for engineers that shows paths in both technical... and leadership paths.

Cons

- Concerned about where the company is heading. We keep selling off the business, but aren't adding anything of significance to replace. We recently chose to close a plant rather than lower our price to compete with Chinese. Recent SAP upgrade has resulted in more busy work for employees and less time to spend actually doing our jobs. - When unrealistic profits are not achieved, blame and pain is placed on the... wrong groups to cut budgets and work harder.

Advice to Management

- Take a few risks. We can't continue to be this conservative and expect to remain competitive. - Submit realistic profit forecasts, so we can met expectations and not disappoint investors.

Tate & Lyle2015-06-29

"A falling down company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Est, IL

I worked at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Product Line, still some good people trying to hang on unfortunately not for long.

Cons

Aggressive and belittling senior management. Impossible to meet goals or expectations. Intimidation tactics continually exercised. Don't be sold a bill of goods when the management lists a great place to work on this website. If you are considering taking a job at this company think again. Get your bonus agreements in writing! They talk about the culture and values however do not act on them. Beware!

Advice to Management

Someone on the Board of Shareholders had better take a good look at who they have employed to run their business.

Tate & Lyle2015-06-25

"Shame to See What has Happened to a Great Company"

I worked at Tate & Lyle for more than 3 years

Pros

Tate & Lyle was a great company to work for, well respected in the Industry, broad product portfolio. Commitment to innovation and developing new products. For the most part dedicated, smart hard working people.

Cons

Poor handling of standard business challenges, no consistency and poor processes that were not followed. Flawed strategy. Too many changes in leadership. At times hostile work environment. Poor treatment of good people. Constant turnover of people.

Advice to Management

Tate & Lyle is a good company with great products. Learn how to build an environment where people are motivated to deliver results. Value people.

Tate & Lyle2015-05-29
  10. "Local implementation manager"

I worked at Tate & Lyle

Pros

Good people, good hours, decent pay

Cons

Strange power outages. No one seems to know the big picture

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Tate & Lyle2015-04-08