Tate & Tryon Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles Tate

1. "Team Environment"

I have been working at Tate & Tryon full-time

Pros

I've been at T&T for a while now, and I have always been impressed at the team oriented attitude of the Firm. Office politics are at a minimum and folks genuinely seem to want others to do well. Very collaborative. it is also nice to feel like you can be a part of improving things - they may not act on every idea, but at least you can have a voice in working for change.

Cons

Public accounting can be a challenge - managing multiple clients can be hard. But, that is also what makes the job interesting.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people and encouraging the collaborative environment!

2. "Senior Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Washington, DC

Pros

Great work-life balance at this company

Cons

Going through some internal changes

Advice to Management

Doing great Really clarified the reason for the internal changes

"Administrative"

I have been working at Tate & Tryon full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, faced paced and interesting industry. Staff is great and the firm is well respected within this area as being the best at what we do.

Cons

Growing pains and a little decentralized. Insufficient training of new staff. Not enough investment in internal infrastructure to support staff the client workload. Firm is too lean administratively.

Advice to Management

Needs to invest more in developing and retaining staff.

5. "Competitive salary, good benefits"

I worked at Tate & Tryon full-time

Pros

The employees are pleasant and always a pleasure to be around.

Cons

While there are lucrative opportunities for advancement, it seems that there you can only get promoted to a certain degree.

6. "Great company, but felt unneeded as an intern"

Pros

Everyone was really nice and helpful. The internship wasn't that hard and it gave me good job experience.

Cons

It seemed like a lot of times there was not a lot for the interns to do. I was constantly asking for work/ asking what I could do to help around the office and they still would have nothing for me to do. It made the day pass very slowly.

"Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tate & Tryon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good environment, nice people, and good culture. Firm is very organized and structured. For the most part busy season hours are very reasonable. Employee reviews are taken seriously and usually offer quality feedback.

Cons

Could improve training.

8. "Great place to begin a career in public accounting."

Former Employee - Audit Senior
    Former Employee - Audit Senior

I worked at Tate & Tryon full-time

Pros

Diverse experience in that you have a new client every 3 or 4 weeks. The Seniors, Managers and Partners are always willing to take time to help you learn. Overall I loved my 3 years at T&T. If you perform well you get consistent raises that I was very pleased with.

Cons

If you ever want to work outside of the non-profit arena it's probably better to consider another firm as almost all of your clients are non-profits.

"Hit or miss"

Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Tate & Tryon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some managers are excellent. Others, notsomuch

Cons

Some "managers" are less than...

"Great Experience"

Former Intern - Audit Intern
    Former Intern - Audit Intern

I worked at Tate & Tryon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Well rounded experience as an intern. Office is well kept and managers are available for you. Small size of company means you can meet and get to know most people. The good thing was the work ranged. Because the clients are so small and your work teams on the engagement are small, you can get your hands on various accounts. People seemed to move up at a regular pace and promotions were visible. They do push hard for certifications though, but it's a CPA firm, what do you expect.

Cons

Some client locations can suck. The office can be divided sometimes just based on location of where you sit. Some partners are crass and dont use professional language. The thing to remember is it's a small local firm so the benefits won't be as great or as expansive. But considering your pros and cons, it's still overall a very nice place to work. I was very fond on their old HR person, the entire department was run by one person. She left, so I can't say much for how it changed. It's a small firm so the salary isn't necessary as high it would be with a bigger firm either.

"Intern Experience"

Current Intern - Staff Audit Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Staff Audit Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tate & Tryon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the most incredible experience as an intern here at T&T. This program gives you an opportunity to get real hands on experience and not paper pushing. I am not just saying this, it is a fact. I went out on multiple client engagements while working here, learned what went into the work papers, what procedures are performed for each account being tested. The company makes you feel valued like I have never before. They took us on social events such as a trip to Lucky Strike in DC and to a Nationals game even.

Cons

The only negative thing I have to say about this company is that I live a good ways away from its office, which made my commute a long time.