Tauck Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dan Mahar

1. "Great company to work for with family values"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Tauck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for in Norwalk, CT area, great team and good management, takes good care of employees, will find lot of long term employees at this place. Good discount on tours, overall good company to work for

Cons

Dependent on USA economy, if economy is down then no fun working here, but i guess true with lot of jobs. Wish it was in warm place :-)

"Few bad apples make the the "Tauck Culture" a myth"

I worked at Tauck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the finest coworkers (and some of the worst)
    Travel benefits
    Travel company

Cons

Management's refusal to see any room for improvement in the perfect "Tauck Culture". Management's blind eye to bullying in the workplace. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Make the "Culture" a reality by addressing and changing improper workplace behavior. Train and promote internally.

"Not for the Old or Experienced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Tauck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall very decent people, but the culture is not what it used to. I feel sad that I have to write anything negative, but I am very frustrated lately and would NOT recommend anyone come to work here over the long term. Yes, it's sad. But I try to tell my supervisor what is going on and I am told to be quiet.

Cons

Many years ago, it felt like a place you could spend your career. Now it is being run by very cut-throat corporate types who are only focused on the dollars and bottom line, not continuing the culture (Under Arthur Jr.) with made the company great.

Advice to Management

You need to actually invest in training your current people instead of always looking outside for answers. This is why you end up firing so many loyal people - because you have not properly trained your managers to be better managers. Another reviewer said it right - Going to meetings all day is not training. The part-time CEO who show's up once a week is TOTALLY out of touch with what people actually do, the salaries they have to live on, or what matters to them.

"Providing first class group travel experiences"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I worked at Tauck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Incredible work environment in renovated building in Wilton CT with huge glass windows, set in the woods. The company has a kind culture and itself is a family owned company.

Cons

The vacation package starts higher than the standard ones from other companies. They provide extra days to be with your family as well as opportunities to volunteer for local charities.

Advice to Management

Management: The management carefully and steadfastly decide changes for the good of the company, its employees and customers. The term “do the right thing” is part of Tauck culture and the management and employees excel in the Tauck culture.

6. "Tour director"

Current Employee - Tour Director in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Tour Director in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Tauck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An extraordinarily open and inovative comany, with minimum of supervision.

Cons

Some awfully long days for guests and tour directora on some of the tours

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you are doing.

"Proabably Not Great for my Long-term Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Tauck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice people to work with, but obviously every company has its drama. Travel benefit/perk is nice, but tours are still quite expensive. Commute is good.

Cons

Don't like the new office as much as the old one - Far less collaboration then there used to be as everyone is so far away and less available. If you want to stay here long term, I've also learned you can't speak your mind and must "fly under the radar." Everyone here know that once you start voiceing an opinion that "The Family" disagrees with, you're days are numbered, even if your opinion and experience is correct. Also sucks that that when I tell people where I work, they all say, "What's that? NEVER heard of it."

Advice to Management

Have some real training for younger employees. Simply attending regular meetings is not a training program...it's just going to meetings....so many meetings! Most people here learn more by being self-taught.

8. "Love Tauck"

I have been working at Tauck full-time

Pros

Everything here at Tauck in opinion is a pro. The family, the fairness, the compassion, the integrity, doing things right for both their customers and their employee's. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Established well known company in travel"

I have been working at Tauck full-time

Pros

Travel benefits are great for families. Work life balance is good and ability to work remotely. Smart people - most managers have their MBA and have worked at the best companies before coming to Tauck. Ceo is nice, but does little to improve the culture though she knows what goes on behind closed doors

Cons

Agree with everyone here - no career advancement. A lot of cattiness, back stabbers, blamers, finger pointers and overall a culture with no communication. People who do nothing all day can live out their careers here. A lot of work place bullying that is tolerated. People are
    Clock watchers.

Advice to Management

You have a great product - fix the internal structure. Get rid of the incompetence and arrogance and also the people who contribute nothing but are nice and tolerated.

10. "Wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Tauck (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work, feels like family

Cons

No cons in my opinion

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

11. "RSC"

Former Employee - Reservations Sales Counselor in Milford, CT
    Former Employee - Reservations Sales Counselor in Milford, CT

I worked at Tauck (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, GREAT travel benefits

Cons

bad management. employees not disciplined properly