Taulia Reviews in Park City, UT | Glassdoor

3.6
Taulia CEO Cedric Bru
Cedric Bru

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance is top-notch (in 6 reviews)

• Very good people (most of the great people are not with the company any more) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover reduces employee morale, deeply impacts day-to-day operations (in 5 reviews)

• Recent lay-offs decreased company morale (in 5 reviews)

"I have learned a lot here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great office perks: lunches, drinks, and friendly office manager!
    - People are caring and want to help
    - Opportunities for growth and gaining work experience
    - Every day you learn something new
    - Never boring
    - Great team and leaders in the company

Cons

- Recent lay-offs decreased company morale
    - Many changes can make it difficult to keep up
    - Org structure changes too much sometimes

Advice to Management

We have goals but we are missing what our “vision” is. What are we here to do?

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, fun atmosphere, challenging environment, interesting work

Cons

Some attrition to better opportunities, many rounds of funding a concern, some immature technology practices

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - continue to attract talent and keep telling success stories

"Taulia sucks it up big time"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Park City, UT
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Park City, UT

I worked at Taulia (More than 3 years)

Pros

They definitely bring you in with the lure of drinking on the job (illegal), and claiming that no matter what the work always gets done.

I'm not there anymore.

Cons

They tout all this team activity - but actually do something maybe twice a year, and it's only very local - while the managers get to go off multiple more times to offsites that are at really neat places - leaving the rest of the employees to drudge away at a failing technology.

The managers (in at least the engineering department) don't have much of any insight into what actually needs to be put in to their application from testing to release - and have begun to harbor a morale busting approach of disparaging engineers rather than being fully supportive in actually getting the work done.

They do not assign work that applies to the career path an engineer has followed up to working here - as such it makes people either keep working for them in technologies they don't want to work in - or they are forced to try and find new work after having gotten rusty at what they used to be good at.

Advice to Management

Be supportive to your team members - using thinly veiled excuses to punish people who are doing their best only serves to make you look like horrible people who I would strongly suggest against working for. The higher management needs to do some realization that their subordinates are causing massive drops in morale - and the teams I worked with do not enjoy working under the current management, with many looking to move elsewhere after they relearn the skills this company forced them to move away from. Let front end people do front end - forcing the back end up their back end is no way to keep people both working for you and happy.

"Taulia Rocks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time

Pros

The people are amazing! There are genius level folks around every corner and the vibe is support, compassion, and concern for one another. The pace is fast, the work ethic is strong, the management has our back, and the emphasis is on team wins that translate to customer value.

I'd be negligent in my reporting if I didn't also say that the catered lunches are tasty and encourage team unity.

Cons

We are a rapidly growing company and must think creatively every single day so that we can meet the changing demands and opportunities for which we are blessed. That's not a con for me, but if you are looking for predictability, this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Don't ever forget what got us here...Keep Taulia Weird, and keep on taking care of us.

"Senior Software Engineer"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tight knit. Excellent culture that fosters open communication and trust.
    Hardworking environment but not stressful. You are expected to deliver what you commit to and the team may pitch in to bring the work to the finish line.
    Great office location (if you are into outdoors).
    Excellent equipment for software development.
    Your contribution makes a big difference, it's still a start-up.
    Excellent perks and benefits (except for medical)

Cons

New features often come from sales with no buyin from engineering.
    There's fierce competition in the sector. Taulia is coming up with innovative products.
    Given those mention 2 factors, sometimes blame is thrown by management around if things don't go according to plan.
    Taulia has not been profitable and it won't be in the near future.

"Great People - Great Product"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taulia offers a really interesting opportunity. Taulia is a growing company and is on the path to continue making disruptions in the market. You get the chance to work with co-workers who are well educated, intelligent, helpful, and overall: a pleasure to be around. Compensation seems very fair and the benefits are average. The work is engaging and the career growth opportunities seem to be present. Taulia definitely has a family like atmosphere: where everyone is encouraged and aided by team members rather than put down for the sake of competition.

Cons

If I had to pick a downside to Taulia: I would have to say that the benefits package didn't necessarily stand out compared to other companies, which isn't really a downside, but something that just didn't stand out.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people like you are currently. Also, keep encouraging cross team collaboration - Taulia has been one of the best at this I have ever worked for.

"Taulia Does It Right"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Park City, UT

Pros

I've been kicking around the software industry for a while and Taulia is by far the best place I've ever worked. Here's why.

1) Taulia takes the well-being of their employees seriously. This means employees have managers that care about their career progression, that listen to their feedback and more importantly act on it. They acknowledge a job well done and celebrate success. Everyone is approachable. If you want to talk to the CEO, talk to him, there are no barriers, because everyone knows that they matter.

2) Taulia has a great product. There aren't many companies where you can honestly say that everyone wins. Taulia makes it easier to process invoices and helps make the buyer a lot of money helping to improve efficiency and foster early payment discount capture. This makes the buyer happy. The supplier, with a click of a button can submit an invoice and elect to get paid early. They take a little ding on what they get paid, but if they need the money, the rates are better and it is a heck of a lot easier than getting a loan from the bank. The supplier is happy. The buyer pays us a little bit and we are happy too.

3) We invest in our infrastructure. It is important to engineers to be working on the latest greatest stuff, stuff that makes them better. We take time to progress our architecture in a positive way. We are a software company. There is legacy, but we take the time to address it and make it move in the right direction. There is buy in for this across the entire organization.

4) Senior management is great. They work together cohesively. They are smart and employees can trust that Taulia is headed in the right direction. They can trust that if they do their part the company will be successful.

The future is bright for Taulia and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Cons

I'm consistently surprised how behind the times so companies are in terms of electronic invoicing, discount capital management, etc. This can be a barrier during implementations.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Taulia Review"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Taulia represents a company who truly cares about their employees. The culture is uplifting and the environment is very transparent. In Taulia you have a real opportunity to make an impact to your customers and the company.

Cons

As any start up goes, do more with less is our motto. This isn't a con but it is something that does become challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster open honest and direct communications, employees love it!

"Small Company Engagement with Big Company Production"

Current Employee - Supplier Outreach in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Supplier Outreach in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taulia knows how to treat employees well. Everyone is able to help you with a project and provide their expertise. Outside of work, their is a community of friendship maintained and they make a point to nurture those relationships.

If you have an idea that you want implemented, the people in charge want to know what you have to say and give you the freedom to see it come into reality. Everyone works hard to make improvements happen and happen fast.

You are given the responsibility to get your job down without having to be micromanaged. When a project is completed, you feel responsible for its success and credit/appreciation is given where due.

Cons

Most everyone at Taulia is an A-game player. Everyone works hard and is capable to find a solution to almost any problem. You don't have to expect crazy hours, but expect to work hard at your job. If you are one of those people that like to show up, do the bare minimum, and go home, you probably won't fit in and won't like working for Taulia.

Advice to Management

Taulia is on the cuspe of becoming a large and very successful company. Ending the year of 2012, it will start to move out of the small company startup feel and into the big company structure. During this transition, don't lose the small company feel and focus on emphasizing the worth of every employee.

"Love being a part of a start up company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I prefer a small start up company where I can contribute to the team in many different ways. Taulia offers me that opportunity and it's very rewarding to see the results of my labor make the company better. Our professional services team is only made up of "A" players so you can rely in each person to do their job well and also be available to you if you need any help.

Cons

It's been difficult to find SAP experts to work on our team. This means that the rest of us have to come up to speed on SAP which takes some time. Taulia has been great at getting us SAP training to help in that process.

Advice to Management

Keep finding great people to join our team. In the end, it's the people who make the company!