Taulia Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Taulia CEO Cedric Bru
Cedric Bru

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible, fast, fun and very smart people (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits and great culture (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover reduces employee morale, deeply impacts day-to-day operations (in 4 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance (When the balance goes askew, they trust you to righten that balance and still get your work done (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, fun atmosphere, challenging environment, interesting work

Cons

Some attrition to better opportunities, many rounds of funding a concern, some immature technology practices

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - continue to attract talent and keep telling success stories

2. "Taulia Is the BEST"

Current Employee - L1 Support
    Current Employee - L1 Support

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first job in a long time where I actually want to come in to EVERYDAY! I am motivated to come in because I love my job, the work I do, and the best manager, and co-workers. This company is very flexible and are very empathetic to their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of?

Advice to Management

None.

"Definitely a unique experience"

I worked at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Most employees are fun-loving, passionate, and intelligent people who you can really learn a lot from
    - Awesome product, fast-growing industry
    - Opportunity to explore different career paths, room to take on extra responsibilities that don't directly fall under your role, but could benefit you professionally in the long run
    - Good benefits/perks
    - Great culture overall

Cons

- High turnover reduces employee morale, deeply impacts day-to-day operations
    - Most on the business operations side look out for themselves only; a difficult place for someone to start your career as you'll likely learn little of value and have little guidance

"There's nowhere I'd rather be!"

I have been working at Taulia full-time

Pros

Taulia really is a place where you can make of it what you want. I have been here for some time now and have been able to grow in my career and take on whatever my heart desires. Since we are still a start up we definitely have gone through our fair share of growing pains, but we have such an amazing group of folks here that always keep the energy high in the office. As a matter of fact anytime you ask someone what their favorite part of Taulia is, it's very rare for them to say anything other than "the people".

Cons

No cons - I actually look forward to coming to work!

Advice to Management

Since some of our management team has only been here for a year or so, I think they are getting into the groove of things now and it's been awesome to see. One thing that I've always appreciated about our management team is that they have always appreciated hard work. If you work hard here you can excel vastly. Please continue to do so!

"Not the same Taulia"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can sit around and do absolutely nothing and get paid! That's not too bad if you're into that sort of thing. No one is really held accountable, so if you don't like having to perform then this could be a Pro. Nice people. I read previous posts about racism and other HR issues...total B.S. Taulia is at least an HR responsible organization and cares about their people on a personal level. Has ultimately become a lifestyle company.

Cons

Tons of turnover in Marketing, Sales, nearly all Solution Consultants are gone, the partner team is a revolving door.

Lack of executive leadership! The executive leadership are genuinely good people, however they have zero experience, zero market intelligence and zero plan. This is very different from the days when the founders ran the company and drove the strategy. The company has unfortunately lacked all humility and has convinced themselves that they're the market leader in supplier financing, yet in all honesty they rely completely on their finance partner for market intelligence. The product is in dire straights and zero product development for years now. All of the product improvements are "fixes"...nothing new or innovative. Implementations and account management is all over the place.

Generally speaking Taulia is still more concerned about creating a weird "cool" culture more than creating a mature, professional and accountable culture. It's time for Taulia to grow-up, become humble once again and find real leaders with a vision and with executive experience. Time is running out.

It also seemed like the Sales leadership for the last couple of years has zero understanding of Taulia's business, which could be a big reason for the underperformance.

Advice to Management

None

"Taulia sucks it up big time"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Park City, UT
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Park City, UT

I worked at Taulia (More than 3 years)

Pros

They definitely bring you in with the lure of drinking on the job (illegal), and claiming that no matter what the work always gets done.

I'm not there anymore.

Cons

They tout all this team activity - but actually do something maybe twice a year, and it's only very local - while the managers get to go off multiple more times to offsites that are at really neat places - leaving the rest of the employees to drudge away at a failing technology.

The managers (in at least the engineering department) don't have much of any insight into what actually needs to be put in to their application from testing to release - and have begun to harbor a morale busting approach of disparaging engineers rather than being fully supportive in actually getting the work done.

They do not assign work that applies to the career path an engineer has followed up to working here - as such it makes people either keep working for them in technologies they don't want to work in - or they are forced to try and find new work after having gotten rusty at what they used to be good at.

Advice to Management

Be supportive to your team members - using thinly veiled excuses to punish people who are doing their best only serves to make you look like horrible people who I would strongly suggest against working for. The higher management needs to do some realization that their subordinates are causing massive drops in morale - and the teams I worked with do not enjoy working under the current management, with many looking to move elsewhere after they relearn the skills this company forced them to move away from. Let front end people do front end - forcing the back end up their back end is no way to keep people both working for you and happy.

"Has potential but isn't reaching it."

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some fun events, a lot of good people work there and are skilled at what they do, some employees have top notch technical skills and a willingness to work well with others, used to be a really exciting place to work

Cons

high turnover, constant changes in staffing and policy, right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing sort of thing. Don't think a lot of decision makers know what they're doing or else they don't know have enough information/insight to make effective decisions.

Advice to Management

Not sure.

"A fun, fast moving, and challenging environment"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Taulia team is a fantastic group to work with. Everyone has a very good team attitude, they are willing to chip in and help each other, and aren't afraid to be open and honest about where we do well and where we need to improve. There is no ego or politics going on.

Cons

It's fast moving. The business is growing quickly and thus we're always growing and realigning as an organization and as individuals. You have to be ok with that constant change and personal growth that comes with it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It's great to see the momentum the company continuing to build and see the personal growth from employees along that journey. Keep promoting from within and continuing to challenge employees to grow with the business.

"Great future and momentum building company!"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, fast, fun and very smart people.
    Build your own future and have a winning attitude.

Cons

Most companies will modify/realign and while this is difficult to do, change is essential in the market place.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and maintain the momentum. I believe int he current leadership and structure for long term success.

"Great company, incredible growth"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked here for 3+ years; great company, industry-leading value prop (yield enablement and/or SCF all-in-one and scales to thousands of suppliers). Taulia cares about its employees.

Cons

None that I've witnessed over the past three years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Stay focused on targets.