Taulia Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Taulia CEO Cedric Bru
Cedric Bru

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible, fast, fun and very smart people (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits and great culture (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover reduces employee morale, deeply impacts day-to-day operations (in 4 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance (When the balance goes askew, they trust you to righten that balance and still get your work done (in 3 reviews)

"A fun and rewarding place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Advancement Opportunities
    Easy Going and Fun Atmosphere
    Great Health Plan
    Senior Management Very Accessible
    Three Weeks Vacation in the first Year!!!
    Four Weeks Vacation in the second Year!!!
    Five Weeks Vacation in the third Year!!!

Cons

If you aren't use to working at a small company, this might not be the one for you, but it is quickly growing.

Advice to Management

To any management of a company I always say to make sure the employees feel important and valued. During my time there, I feel you did a great job at this, just don't forget to continue doing this during your growth!

"Awesome people and satisfying work"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

#1 thing for me is the people. You will never face a problem alone, and everyone is willing to help you go the extra mile to make the product better. You will genuinely like the people you work with.

Company culture encapsulates the "Get Sh*t Done" philosophy. People are laid back here for the most part, but will become scarily laser-focused to solve whatever issues present themselves.

Benefits are great: above average vacay, fully stocked kitchen, frequent free lunches, game room with Foosball table and vintage arcade cabinet, awesome new office in a cool part of SF with great nearby restaurants and close to BART, commuter benefits, etc.

Executive team and management in general are totally open and available. They will help you work through problems as opposed to just expecting you to deal with it yourself. They are passionate about what they do and that passion is contagious. My experience is they genuinely care about your career progression, health/sanity, and overall happiness, and will take active steps to work with you to ensure you're satisfied with your role.

Cons

You will be challenged. It's a startup, so the typical problem of having a lot of work and not always having enough resources to satisfactorily tackle that work becomes an issue from time to time.

Processes change frequently. Again, a byproduct of being an agile startup. This frustrates some people.

Advice to Management

Just maintain the awesomeness as the company grows.

"Exciting, fun, dedicated"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday is a new learning experience.
    One of the best reasons to work here is the people, everyone here is dedicated and united on their goal to succeed as a team.
    Opportunity to learn and work on new and exciting topics.
    Very powerful Product idea and an immense scope to improve in various directions.
    Working with some of the smartest people. People with the amount of experience and credibility coming together is not very common.
    Working with more and more new technologies.
    So many existing customers and the list keeps growing very fast.

Awesome new office in Downtown San Francisco next to Union Square.
    Game room, beautiful patio, catered lunches... on and on.

Cons

There are two GoKarts in the office and yet NO ramps to jump off of !!! :P

The only negative which i guess is subjective or dependent on an individual, is that its a very fast growing and changing environment where each individual contributes, is ready for almost anything. Some people would say its very opposite to a slow moving big corporation. Some folks like it (like me), some dont.

Advice to Management

Every organization has its ups and downs in various areas, for a startup issues are different. I believe its unfair to nitpick on temporary issues. We understand, we learn, we grow, crush the problems and push forward. The management has been very proactive around this area and advise is to not ignore that as the company grows. Its because everyone is listened to, that everyone is dedicated as they are.

Most important suggestion is to make sure this unique culture stays more or less the same as the company grows.

"Great Company. Awesome Product. Genuine People/Co-workers"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the founders is very rewarding.
    Startup culture with happiness and engineering at the forefront of their vision.
    Great technology. Smooth process for product changes.
    Go Carts. Catered food. Pac-man. yes all this is in the office.
    This company hires well, so you're working with smart people everyday.

Cons

The office coffee kind of sucks.

Advice to Management

keep it up.

"Love being a part of a start up company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I prefer a small start up company where I can contribute to the team in many different ways. Taulia offers me that opportunity and it's very rewarding to see the results of my labor make the company better. Our professional services team is only made up of "A" players so you can rely in each person to do their job well and also be available to you if you need any help.

Cons

It's been difficult to find SAP experts to work on our team. This means that the rest of us have to come up to speed on SAP which takes some time. Taulia has been great at getting us SAP training to help in that process.

Advice to Management

Keep finding great people to join our team. In the end, it's the people who make the company!

"Small Company Engagement with Big Company Production"

Current Employee - Supplier Outreach in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Supplier Outreach in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taulia knows how to treat employees well. Everyone is able to help you with a project and provide their expertise. Outside of work, their is a community of friendship maintained and they make a point to nurture those relationships.

If you have an idea that you want implemented, the people in charge want to know what you have to say and give you the freedom to see it come into reality. Everyone works hard to make improvements happen and happen fast.

You are given the responsibility to get your job down without having to be micromanaged. When a project is completed, you feel responsible for its success and credit/appreciation is given where due.

Cons

Most everyone at Taulia is an A-game player. Everyone works hard and is capable to find a solution to almost any problem. You don't have to expect crazy hours, but expect to work hard at your job. If you are one of those people that like to show up, do the bare minimum, and go home, you probably won't fit in and won't like working for Taulia.

Advice to Management

Taulia is on the cuspe of becoming a large and very successful company. Ending the year of 2012, it will start to move out of the small company startup feel and into the big company structure. During this transition, don't lose the small company feel and focus on emphasizing the worth of every employee.

"A place for growth"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people: Everyone I work with is passionate, smart, and capable. They are the type of people I would not only choose to work with, but also the type of people I want to hangout with.

- Opportunities for growth: I feel like I am constantly learning new things, and I love it. I am grateful to work at a company that encourages and enables personal and professional growth.

- Flexibility & understanding: We are a small company with big dreams, meaning we have a lot of ground to cover. But despite this, I feel like Taulia understands that I have a life outside of work, which equates to great work-life balance.

- Culture: We work hard and play hard. The environment is playful, but we "do work." I wouldn't ask for it any other way.

- The leadership: I feel like the leadership not only wants the best for the company, but also genuinely wants to best for me. I honestly did not expect to find this so abundantly in a workplace.

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of...maybe we could add a pool table to our already existing ping pong table, pacman machine, etc... haha

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people!

"I feel lucky to be a part of something so great"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome leadership that acknowledges and nurtures hard working and talented employees
    - Great company with a product that really is making an impact
    - Great culture and family atmosphere. FUN is highly encouraged, I might even sat it is required :)
    - Great resources and benefits available for all employees
    - I learn something new every day
    - I have referred tons of friends and former colleagues here which I would not do if I didn't believe in the company and the great opportunity it offers. I recently wrote the following when I posted available jobs to my social group: "My company is hiring! BIG TIME!!! There are 5 open sales executive positions, several in marketing, tons in engineering, product, and many, many more.

What can I say about the company: It is by far the best place I have ever worked! It's not often that someone can honestly say "I LOVE my job, the company, and all of my colleagues!", but I find myself saying that just about every time someone asks me what I do. Come be a rockstar at Taulia!!"

Overall the best professional experience I have had to date.

Cons

- There is a lot to be done and this can be overwhelming to some.

Advice to Management

Continue being awesome!

"Taulia is Amazing!"

Pros

great support from the management, friendly co-workers, new office in SOMA, free lunch on Tuesday & Thursday

Cons

I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

You are doing an amazing job!

"Work and Learn in a Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Taulia I am working with plenty of smart people and get in touch with new web technologies every day. I am learning a lot from my colleagues and get things done while having an excellent work-life-fun balance.

You'll love the pro but laid-back attitude of your colleagues and management. Truly great team spirit and smart and reasonable founders / senior management that you can talk with openly without fear of repression.

Even though the office is a fantastic SF Location engineers can work from home certain days of the week if preferred. It's great. We do SCRUM so you can plan your work-load in advance and have a say in what you can realistically handle in the upcoming weeks.

Cons

Can't come up with many... seriously. Thought long about it and the only con worth mentioning is that we're catering to few big companies that you might not like ideologically (check customers on Taulia website).

Advice to Management

Stay as you are!