Taulia Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Taulia CEO Cedric Bru
Cedric Bru

Pros
  • The people and culture are the reasons that I passionately jump out of bed each morning to get to work (in 5 reviews)

• The work/life balance is top-notch (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing at a steady pace, which means the occasional growing pain (in 4 reviews)

• Work/life balance - well is there ever really "balance" (in 4 reviews)

"A fun, fast moving, and challenging environment"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Taulia team is a fantastic group to work with. Everyone has a very good team attitude, they are willing to chip in and help each other, and aren't afraid to be open and honest about where we do well and where we need to improve. There is no ego or politics going on.

Cons

It's fast moving. The business is growing quickly and thus we're always growing and realigning as an organization and as individuals. You have to be ok with that constant change and personal growth that comes with it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It's great to see the momentum the company continuing to build and see the personal growth from employees along that journey. Keep promoting from within and continuing to challenge employees to grow with the business.

2. "Great future and momentum building company!"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, fast, fun and very smart people.
    Build your own future and have a winning attitude.

Cons

Most companies will modify/realign and while this is difficult to do, change is essential in the market place.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and maintain the momentum. I believe int he current leadership and structure for long term success.

"Great company, incredible growth"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked here for 3+ years; great company, industry-leading value prop (yield enablement and/or SCF all-in-one and scales to thousands of suppliers). Taulia cares about its employees.

Cons

None that I've witnessed over the past three years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Stay focused on targets.

"Best Place to be"

I have been working at Taulia full-time

Pros

everyone is committed to win

Cons

sometimes acting like a big oranization

"taulia"

Pros

Good people for the most part.

Cons

Future company outlook is tough.

"A once good company goes down with too many C players"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A unique culture, the HR team does it's best to keep the spirits of the company up. The founders are fantastic people, the location is prime. (Downtown by Embarcadero Pier). The engineering is motivated to lift itself and become better but lacks experience and wherewithal to do the same. Some really smart and fun people work over here, the culture is casual and work life balance is good.

Cons

When I started, the company was full of bright and smart people and a tight knit culture. Overtime, a majority departed and the culture revealed itself as cliquey.
    By the time my employment ended, it was dominated by politics and insecure management that saw good people being forced to resign or fired. Politics interfered and sadly the company is now made up of C players when at a time it was full of A and B+ players looking to lift the company in a better direction. Execution on most projects was sloppy.

Advice to Management

Cut the politicians, they have vested interests. Remove the C players and reinstate the things that made the company special again. I wish you best!

"Very happy to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our number one company value is "We Get Sh*t Done", and we do. We've dedicated ourselves to helping our customers in supply chain financing options. It's challenging work. And it's rewarding work. We're well funded, and know where we're headed. Company culture is paramount to keeping us motivated. The management team is awesome! We're not stuck to our chairs..grab your laptop and take a comfortable seat next to the window. We're a diverse group of people, we have fun and embrace staying weird. Management is truly interested in your ideas, and will support your growth. We have monthly parties, lunch is brought in a couple times a week, a manicurist and masseuse regularly. The location couldn't be better! 2 blocks from the Embarcadero, great food, shopping and transportation.

Cons

No Cons, but some advice: We're a fast growing company. If you're given the opportunity to be here, recognize your good fortune, and embrace the environment. Learn everything you can. Be motivated, be flexible and contribute to this awesome culture we have. Taulia is unique.

"A company made to allow you to develop professionally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I joined Taulia a long time ago, as a Junior Software Engineer. Since then I was given the chance to choose what is next according to my personal/professional preferences. I was never blocked or interrupted by anything/anyone during my pursuit of my goals, in fact I was always supported.
    On the personal side, I got out a lot more. Since first day I build up close friendships with multiple people at the company. Yes we worked hard, but together going in the same direction.
    I always felt that you could approach anyone at any given time, and everyone was happy to have a chat about anything. No egos, no bulls**t.

Cons

As any given startup, things change fast. People leaving, change in some parts of the organization hierarchy... Most of the times, all of that happens for a good reason, for everyone. You need to be cool about that pace and be able to adapt fast.

10. "A mostly awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Team Lead in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Engineering Team Lead in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture.
    Meaningful product that actually makes a huge impact. Cool technologies.
    Challenging work on a daily basis. There's a lot more to be done, yet working environment is very chill and friendly.
    Good flexibility with working hours, working from home etc.
    Great attitude from management. Your opinion actually matters.
    Excellent compensation and benefits.

Cons

Taulia is growing really fast, which puts some pressure on work/life balance. Nobody is asking you to stay late though. But when you actually realise how much of the company's success depends on your team and you personally and the level of trust management has in you, you naturally want to hit your objectives, even if that means working a few extra hours sometimes.

"Growing pains"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Marketing team, presenting a cutting edge vision for the company. HR organizes fun parties and monthly celebrations.

Cons

High turnover throughout the company. Morale is an issue. Several VP executive positions open for extended times, which is hurting growth. Lack of enterprise B2B knowledge hurting product development execution. Company needs to get the right talent into key position to make it to the next level.

Advice to Management

CEO is high quality, but needs to address problems.