Taulia Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Taulia CEO Cedric Bru
Cedric Bru

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance is top-notch (in 6 reviews)

• Very good people (most of the great people are not with the company any more) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover reduces employee morale, deeply impacts day-to-day operations (in 5 reviews)

• Recent lay-offs decreased company morale (in 5 reviews)

"Well positioned to WIN in the market."

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No politics. Lots of work to do / challenges. Autonomy to take something, own it, see it delivered. Get stuff done. Still attention to having fun, working hard / playing hard - even as we grow up and have the work and challenges of a larger company. Well funded, well positioned to beat our competition. Solution is cool, it works, we can deliver credible (and significant) value $ for customers.

Cons

Managing with tight budgets to ensure we execute on plan to profitability. Always need to do more with less. But that is what makes it a challenge - and what will ultimately make Taulia successful.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus - avoid too many distractions. Recent attention to cross company alignment on our OKRs is important so we all are pushing in the same direction. Building good momentum - time to make Taulia a huge success.

"Great concept, but needs a steady direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good Product
    Great engineering team
    Good collaboration between teams
    Well stocked Kitchen

Cons

Yearly layoffs
    No career advancement opportunities
    Culture is all talk but no substance
    Sales team makes promises knowing the product cannot and will not fulfill them

Advice to Management

Decide what you core product will be and stick too it. Hire C level leaders who understand how the SaaS market. And realize that lay-offs are not the only way to trim costs and become profitable.

"I have learned a lot here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great office perks: lunches, drinks, and friendly office manager!
    - People are caring and want to help
    - Opportunities for growth and gaining work experience
    - Every day you learn something new
    - Never boring
    - Great team and leaders in the company

Cons

- Recent lay-offs decreased company morale
    - Many changes can make it difficult to keep up
    - Org structure changes too much sometimes

Advice to Management

We have goals but we are missing what our “vision” is. What are we here to do?

"Concept is good but execution is poor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the beginning, I was really excited to work for this company. I think the idea behind their business is great and there are some very talented and hard working people who do their best.

Cons

The area that I worked in, had no management that had any clue as to the 'real wold' practices of this part of the business. They thought they could just make it up. It seems that the people that were put in charge of this area were there because they were someone's favorite and not because they knew anything.

Advice to Management

Don't put people in management roles because you like them or because they say 'yes' to what you want to hear. Step back and look at who actually has experience in the area and listen to those people.

"Promising Company, Poor Management"

I worked at Taulia full-time

Pros

The product offering really does set the company apart from its competitors. The company has learned from its mistakes and takes seriously at least some of the services required to make the product successful.

Cons

Management is weak and has very little experience with the actual products and services being sold. The bottom line is considered more important than the customers and customers are not as successful as they should/could be. Management is only looking out for themselves.

Advice to Management

Put customers first so you'll get more referenceable customers.

"Great mission, great market, great culture. So why is the performance so underwhelming?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people working in a fun laid-back culture. The values and sense of shared mission are strong. The market is tremendous and Taulia is the first to bring Dynamic Discounting and Supply Chain Finance into a flexible working capital solution that should become the norm for smart Treasurers who want to actively utilize their Supply Chain as a strategic investment or source of working capital.

Cons

Lots of turnover in senior management ranks. Taulia has raised too many rounds of funding and hasn't been able to hit their (albeit aggressive) revenue targets in recent years. I don't always see a sense of urgency from the rank and file to achieve the potential that is there.

Advice to Management

Relentlessly focus on driving revenue. Commit to making data driven decisions and bring some discipline to the sales and marketing functions. Find a way to activate the partner sales channel.

"Definitely NO"

I worked at Taulia part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance .

Cons

Most dis-organized place I worked in my entire career so far. I have no idea why did i stick here for what ever time I was there . Team I worked in had no future path . Manager was leaving in his/ her on dreams thinking team is preforming awesome and everyone is busy . Leadership had no clue what work is being done exactly . Highly miss managed organization . Internal opportunities in the company are not based on Talent and experience but totally based on networking and how much you connect with other people ( "Culturally"). Not a place where you want to build your career and grow

Advice to Management

Get more involved .

"Customer Facing Role"

Pros

The people are very nice and welcoming.

Cons

Taulia is continuing to find it's self. My time at Taulia was cut short by an unexpected layoff. Internal communication is lacking as well as focus on product enhancements.

Advice to Management

Get a plan and stick to it.

"A little weird and no longer fun"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits: Taulia still has good perks and benefits.

People: Most of the people working there are very talented.

Location: The main office is in San Francisco’s financial district, but there are many offices around the US and in Europe. Remote office is an option.

Cons

Management: With seemingly little experience in the technology industry, senior management clings almost cultishly to mantras, like being “fun and weird” or “fish in the pond”, while the company is behind target. Monthly all hands meetings and “fireside chats” feel more like a circus than a professional company meeting.

Product: Taulia software has become a collection of fixes and on/off switches. Instead of addressing critical issues, many teams cultivate pet projects, like new buttons or screen labels, that add very little value and often don’t even work.

Culture: I really believe that almost everyone at Taulia wants to succeed, but the company has become lost. Many people seem to follow procedure without knowing why and just do things because they are told to. People are frustrated and employee morale is very low.

Organization: Taulia is a technology company, but most in senior management have a finance background. As a result, they seek improvement by changing financial parameters in the organization, like changing the bonus plan and now lay offs again, while the core software product deteriorates.

Advice to Management

You are ultimately responsible for the situation at Taulia. But instead of owning it or maybe even asking the different teams what can be done to improve the situation, you wait until it is too late, suddenly ramble something about how “a company has to be profitable”, and lay off people that were actually doing work making it even worse for those left behind.

Stop treating employees like they are little children and get your act together.

"Still a Great Place"

I have been working at Taulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- As a start-up, there has been some ups and downs, but mostly ups.
    - Sales growth is still really great and the company is poised to become profitable next year.
    - The company has expanded its product and revenue model in four years by investing heavily is gain share attached to the new SCF+ product which has been built from scratch by the Engineering team.
    - The core people at Taulia are quite strong. Smart and good people.
    - One person can make an impact at Taulia. You will know the CEO, he will listen to you and know you by name. You can positively influence the products or a business process. That is empowering and fun.
    - The new executive group is very business savvy. They aren't quite as fun as some of the old group, but they are what Taulia needs right now. It isn't easy going from where Taulia was, hemoaging cash, to a profitable company. This crew is smart and makes, generally, good business decisions.
    - The Engineering group is strong. They have a good work ethic and still apply the core values of the company in what they do. The Product group, once a weakness of Taulia with lots of turnover, has mostly begun to stabilize. The longer tenured portion of Sales is strong as well, with good, impactful sales people.
    - There are ups and downs as we continue the journey, but Taulia remains fun and engaging.

Cons

- Taulia grew too aggressively in 2014 and has paid the price in 2016 and 2017 with layoffs.
    - Culture and values have taken a little hit as the CEO and executive team micromanage it a bit when they should just trust their managers to get the job done. Culture is built from the bottom up, not from the top down.
    - There has been some attrition over the last couple years. We have seen some good people leave. There will be some ups and downs at a start up and some people haven't coped well with that, opting for what they perceive as more stable companies. I think people that seek stablility in large companies, may find it. But, they may also find themselves part of a layoff if they have a bad quarter. I guarantee they won't have as much opportunity to positively impact the company.
    - Some groups have lost sight of our core values, adopting large corporate processes that neither help get things done faster nor foster connection. But this is only a couple of groups.
    - S.F., the head office, no longer feels like the cultural Mecca it once was. Other sites like Sofia, Austin, and Park City carry on parts of S.F.'S once great culture. This makes it a little harder for new employees to visit any one site to see what Taulia is about.

Advice to Management

- Core values used to be a bigger part of who we were as Taulians. I don't always see these core values in the Executive team or see them as an integral part of the hiring process.
    - Don't micromanage. Set clear expectations and trust your managers to get it done.