Tax Defense Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Joe Valinho

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Improved and only getting better!"

Former Employee - Chat Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Chat Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I worked on was solidly run with management I felt comfortable and relaxed with. I could do my job without massive hurdles, and any issues I had were handled well and quickly. I had a unique position and was capable of being self driven with the support of my supervisors. I've never worked anywhere with the feeling that my coworkers were akin to family. Benefits are increasing, the company is creating more employment opportunities, and is focused on improving work/life balance even more than they already do. This company also prefers to promote from within.

Cons

People aren't typically paid competitively. Delays in improving systems. Still rocky with the reorganization. The top management needs to communicate down the pipeline more effectively.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Maintaining a balance of looking out for employees and the business as a whole can be hard, but I believe this company has found that balance. Just communicate more to not have a rumor mill going.

2. "Tax Preparation"

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time

Pros

The learning experience, the environment - your not micro managed, the technology, the education opportunities

Cons

Salary is somewhat lower then the rest of the area. Lack of a bonus schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

3. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively happy environment, Established company, People here are trying to undo the wrong within this line of work by creating a positive connection and understanding with the clients to show them how the company can find a resolution.

Cons

During 2015-2016 there was a big management change over and the original owners departed the company after it's sale. The changes from the new parent company really changed the way leads came in and the flow of business was greatly reduced. The sales staff "Senior Consultants" were initiated with low quality leads with little conversion out of 30-40 consultants only 5-10 were making the money promised and the rest getting by bi-weekly on base pay.

Advice to Management

Put effort into holding onto you employees and training them for longer. The turn over rate will go down and ultimately quality will go up all around.

4. "Not a nice place to work"

Former Employee - I Was Lower to Middle Management in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - I Was Lower to Middle Management in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The paychecks clear the bank each pay period.

Cons

Every thing else. The culture us a bunch mid 30's to mid 40's types, that are trying relive their frat days.

There us no clear direction except bring in business at any cost. If you produce, they never question your methods.

Advice to Management

1st grow up. 2nd find some morals. 3rd use the morals you find to do some good.

5. "Townhall Meetings"

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The end is not near.... the company is financial sound. We have elimated enough made up job positions the former CEO made up on a whim, that we might actually be able to have competitive pay soon.

Cons

The CEO needs to communicate with the employees more and be accountable for what he says. If you tell your employees a meeting with happen during a certain time period and it does not happen, then there needs to be an email send out with an update.

The interim CEO structure needs to end soon and a new CEO needs to be brought in.

"TA"

Current Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's stil standing, for now. Which means we still have jobs. That's good I guess.

Cons

Just made the CFO the Director of HR. The end is near.

Advice to Management

Stop tearing apart the departments. You've demolished 6 departments since your consulting company came in. Enough.

7. "New Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at TDN for years and must say that the recent change in leadership, including a new CEO has drastically changed the environment for the better. A once segmented company now works together as a cohesive team towards a common goal. The new culture has made a huge impact on the morale of every department. The leadership listens to the employees wants and needs. Recently they have increased paid time off, the number of holidays and are working on making compensation fair and creating defined career paths for all positions. Recently the company extended two additional PTO days for the hurricane so that families had time to evacuate and didn't have to stress about lost wages or use their vacation time for a natural disaster. If you are looking for a company to work for that values it's employees as much as its clients and cares about a work/life balance and a positive work environment, look no further!

Cons

That the changes didn't happen sooner. It's a breath of fresh air for everyone that has worked at the company for a long time...and there are a lot of us.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work. All of the employees as appreciating the positive change.

"I loved my boss, I believed in helping our clients."

Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our director of sales was extraordinary, he believed in anyone who cared about their jobs, and made sure that the managers didn't create a negative space for the staff. When I left TDN, I knew it would be hard to find a Director of sales/manager that compared to the drive he had that made that place awesome to work for. When I heard he left the company, I knew it was going to be hard on the sales team, and the managers who worked for him. I saw the positive review, from what I'm told, the new CEO is shady, and the worst type of person to work for.... Just saying.....

Cons

I hope they've figured out a way to distribute calls that had a higher probanility of closing to the sales staffinstead of just a few people. That'll kill a moral of a call transfer sales driven workplace.

Advice to Management

Stay involved in success of the sales team, make sure you care and don't let corporate control the way you treat others

9. "Average Corporate Stuff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does legitimate work.

Cons

The usual downsides of a corporation.

"Overall Good Company"

Pros

This company values their clients and truly believes that what they are doing is to help people in need.

Cons

Recent change in ownership has cast doubts on direction of the company. Low pay.