TaxAudit Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Jake Sindt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manager"

Pros

Outstanding leadership team who is constantly striving to improve the processes and procedures within the company all while maintaining a positive culture. They have ample opportunities for continuing education and career development training. They also allow flexibility in scheduling and also provide full medical and dental benefits for the entire family.

Cons

It is really busy durning tax season. Be prepared to put in a lot of hours.
    However, they make it fun and they provide 100% support!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to you people! Keep up the good work!

2. "Sweat Shop"

Current Employee - Audit Representative in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Representative in Folsom, CA

I have been working at TaxAudit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits or no one would work here...

Cons

Audit reps are micro managed and if you don't exhibit a positive attitude your fired for not a culture fit regardless of tenure, I witness employees with 66 to 15 years fired for this reason, company should be called cultaudit. Most all senior and secondary managers are related or close friends.
    The company is a cash cow and that's how management is able to get away with the poor, abusive working conditions...Most reps last a year or so before burn out...oh and as Rep there is no up ward career opportunities

Advice to Management

Hire out side experience management personal...

Mar 6, 2019 – Human Resources Manager

It is very true that we are committed to maintaining a culture where our Core Values: 1) We care for people 2) We have a positive attitude 3) We are dedicated to the team, are practiced and... More

3. "overall loved working here!"

I worked at TaxAudit (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment, flexible schedule, always something to work on. Very nice culture, people are very welcoming to new team members. over all had an awesome experience working for TaxAudit.

Cons

hard to move up or get promoted. majority of the company is related in some way or another.

Advice to Management

communication between audit managers and reps needs to improve. Lots of reps struggling because of the recent changes, slows down other departments.

"Zero Star"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at TaxAudit full-time

Pros

Good medical and dental benefits.

Cons

Toxic work environment. Management through control and fear. Tax professionals are treated like factory workers. Resource managers are given the power to control tax professionals. They even ask you when you go to the restroom and who was in the restroom. They swamped employees with so much work that employees are always catching up. There are days when employees are assigned 7 cases per day. Additionally, the workplace is like a call center where tax professionals have to answer constant phone calls from members. The company used up people then let people go. Don't work here. It's like an assembly line. There are better employers who appreciate your services.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

Mar 15, 2019 – Human Resources Manager

Here are some recent anonymous comments from our weekly survey from current employees that more accurately reflect our culture and environment:

FEEDBACK CONVERSATION×

What makes you want to... More

"Do research before diving in."

Former Employee - Audit Representative
    Former Employee - Audit Representative

I worked at TaxAudit full-time

Pros

Pay is ok. Great benefits and health insurance. Most folks are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Someone else mentioned this earlier about having only one client and one misstep could make the company go belly up. While I really like the people I worked with, I am not too impressed with management and how siloed the departments were. Felt overworked and understaffed. There's no room for advancement and nepotism is strong here. If you're not related or friends with an Exec, you're not going to get far.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they're disposable. Expand service offerings and hire more competent Audit Reps so everyone isn't drowning in the workload.

"One client, fragile business model, new inexperienced CEO"

Current Employee - Audit Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Representative in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at TaxAudit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, generally wonderful people at the employee level. Very dedicated to training and excellent employee support.

Cons

- only one client. If we lose that contract the entire business goes belly up. HUGE risk.
    - massive nepotism - nearly every manager and leader is the spouse of child or parent of another leader, Chief, or employee. Good luck with promotions if you don’t have a relative higher up the chain.
    - org is very top heavy and disorganized so communication and interdepartmental awareness is really spotty.
    - new CEO is inexperienced, seriously arrogant, and not people minded. He’s a major risk to the company because he’s clearly out of his depth in the role.
    - the board is clearly planning their exit and have their golden parachutes. The rest of us are all at risk daily of losing our jobs if the CSAT or Net Promoter score falls too low. A small handful of bad audit experiences could bring down the whole thing.

Advice to Management

You know that the business is in serious danger, year over year the risk is there and just gets worse. Just sell us to Intuit already and get it over with. We all know that each day could be our last. The company is too good to lose. Save us.

Jul 6, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

TaxAudit is a very employee-centric organization, where our core purpose is helping people. From protecting and defending our customers, to looking out for the well-being of our employees, to serving... More

7. "Membership Services Rep"

Current Employee - Membership Services Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Services Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at TaxAudit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent employee and dependent benefits! I’ve never come across another company that pours so much love and resource into their people. Personal growth is always being encouraged and with their tuition reimbursement program, it’s much easier to pursue your dreams. The culture here is also one of a kind and they do a great job in keeping only the folks who fit that culture so as to make sure everyone moves forward towards the same core values and goals. Lastly, the CEO is a real and caring human being, who even stopped in to say hi on the first day of training! I love working here!

Cons

While the company offers awesome flexible schedules, the membership services department is not given this option. They do their best to accommodate but it’s the only flaw I can think of.

8. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vineyard, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Vineyard, UT

I worked at TaxAudit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TaxAudit treats its employees better than anywhere I've been. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Leadership can be a little bit fickle.

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I have been working at TaxAudit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment, which I like. Enormous resources to do the best possible job and provide the best possible service to our members and each other. Great culture which revolves around core values I already believe in.

Cons

It can get hectic which is not for everyone and those that can't handle it tend to become negative.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I trust the leadership team completely and know that I have input.

10. "Easily the best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at TaxAudit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic, healthy and balanced culture! This place feels like family, and it's core values come straight from the top and are shared by everyone. The company is led by very intelligent, determined and caring individuals and it shows.

TaxAudit is well-organized and has high expectations for everyone, and will provide you just about anything you need to succeed. Tons of perks, and I really enjoy the philanthropic activities the company promotes.

The company is open to ideas, and really makes an effort to find and employ tools that actually help accomplish company and interpersonal goals.

Simply put, the company really cares!

Cons

I haven't experienced one personally yet, but I've heard that the busy times of year can get quite busy. That's a reality of many industries though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks!