Taylor Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Taylor Global Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2019

1.9
Taylor Global CEO Tony Signore (no image)
Tony Signore
Pros
  • "The only pro are my colleagues (not including the CEO), great people who are ALL slowly but surely leaving(in 4 reviews)

• "The NYC headquarters location was wonderful- in the Empire State Building with all the amenities of Herald Square(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is clueless, this place does not value employees at all(in 5 reviews)

• "Most of the managing partners are distant and out of touch(in 5 reviews)

"Fun Agency! On the rise again."

Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Taylor Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Taylor for over two years, and hands down was one of my most rewarding agency experiences. You may look at the reviews and get nervous, but honestly Taylor is one of those places where you get in what you put out. Nothing will be handed to you. So yes, if you're lazy stay away. However if you're not afraid of hard work and enjoy fun work perks and working on some of the top consumer clients in the industry, then this is a place you can thrive. The culture is great! The people here are super friendly and welcoming and are a lot less "clique-ish" than what you will find at some of the other agencies. Upper management was supportive of my growth and allowed me a lot of opportunities to explore a huge passion of mine -- Sports + PR! I've worked at a handful of agencies, and Taylor is one that truly felt like a family compared to others.

Cons

With any agency, sometimes the hours can be long and there was constant change, so at times it seems its unstable. However, the PR industry is very up and down so that's to be expected. When it comes to diversity, there is definitely more work to be done but appreciate that they recognize that and are starting to do the real work to make a difference.

Taylor Global2018-12-16

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Senior Account Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Taylor Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you absolutely need something to pad your resume and you are absolutely desperate this could be an option, but I would still tread very lightly.

Cons

How does the old saying go? Fool me once, shame on you...... I had the opportunity to work at Taylor many years ago when they first began their rebrand to Taylor Strategy. At the time, there we some significant cultural issues...mostly the place felt like an frat house with a bunch of tryhard overgrown teenage boys past their prime. The few sensible execs swore up and down that once they were able to rebrand and shed the old ways of Alan Taylor (the firm used to be called Alan Taylor PR), the rough and tumble publicist who got his start representing boxers, things would dramatically change. I got a better offer and left before the rebrand. Flash foward a decade later and I'm lured back in only to find things have gotten WORSE. In the age of #metoo, I don't understand how the agency and its narcissitic executive team who employ strategies that hail from the prehistoric age don't have a huge lawsuit looming. I don't understand how the few remaining clients are still hoodwinked by the dated sizzle reels the agency churns out as proof of their "work" when little no work has been done on their behalf -- and there's certainly no strategy as they try to suggest with their name. Bottom line this place is a joke, run by a bunch of jerks. I feel terribly for the young naive and impressionable employees they lure in. Yes, you have to earn your dues in this industry but not the way Taylor treats its people.

Taylor Global2019-09-23

"The Worse!!!"

Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Taylor Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly can't think of one

Cons

COO is the absolute worse. I've never seen a grown man throw more tantrums.

Taylor Global2019-09-23

"A PR Firm in a City with Few PR Agency Options Keeps the Bar Low"

Current Employee - Senior Account Leader in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Taylor Global full-time

Pros

The office was recently redesigned and is really nice. Because they have lost so much staff recently, you can be pretty junior level and still have an office.

Cons

The management prides itself on a culture of diversity but does little to recruit and retain talent of color. The salaries for junior talent are so low that as a manager, I feel uncomfortable asking for a raise myself until they are properly paid. Taylor does not provide a 401K match. The executive leadership hasn't properly planned for parental leaves so while we do offer maternity leave, there is a scramble to figure out what that person will do once mothers return and what to do with the people that were covering in a mother's absence. Work life balance is notoriously difficult in the agency world, but especially difficult here. There are few employees with kids, and even fewer with multiple kids because the workload doesn't allow for it. I don't feel comfortable expanding my household here. The company seems doggedly focused on managing a new PR landscape with old and traditional methods. It is only a matter of time before clients abandon ship. Many executive leaders have left the organization and it seems like everyone else is looking.

Taylor Global2019-08-13

"Smoke & Mirrors = A Truly Toxic Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Taylor Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Stares at computer screen for five minutes struggling to come up with something positive to say about the agency* Ohhhh, they have free cereal in the kitchen and a variety of flavors!

Cons

I could go into detail, sharing numerous stories that would make one cringe and think this agency is comparable to a reality television show, but Glassdoor would probably flag this review for mentioning the same name over and over again - the source and catalyst of this entire company's problems. Trust me - Avoid this place all together. If you're looking to make a transition in your career, Taylor absolutely is not in your best interest. The company is losing business right and left, and it's due to a deficiency in leadership, a significant amount of ego, a lack of self-awareness and humility and quite frankly, poor business practice.

Taylor Global2019-08-06

"This place is going downhill fast. Avoid at all costs!"

Current Employee - Senior Level

I have been working at Taylor Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good clientele but that has changed recently as the agency has lost a lot of business.

Cons

Taylor is becoming a graveyard because of unfair layoffs due to the companies' poor performance and people leaving for better opportunities yet no one new is being hired to replace them. Taylor doesn't care about it's employees, except for upper management, it plays favorites and the managing partner in Charlotte is so obsessed with female power that it clouds her judgement and makes the company look bad. Also, the Charlotte office (our second biggest office) employee count has been cut in half over the last four months, so make your own judgments there, and the people that remain at Taylor are mostly miserable due to mistreatment by management, being overworked and being underpaid. Taylor also prioritizes clients, and the ones that are left behind are understaffed, which affects results.

Taylor Global2019-07-10

"No one is happy here."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Taylor Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse clients and new office space.

Cons

Total boy's club. CEO is an angry narcissist. Managers have no training and micromanage everyone on their team. HR is pretty much non-existent. They are losing their best people. Everyone here knows these 'positive reviews' are lies.

Taylor Global2019-03-30
  8. "Seriously, It's Not As Bad As Everyone Says"

I have been working at Taylor Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Taylor for two years and, yes, the agency has gone through some tough times during that period. But working at Taylor isn't nearly as bad as the other reviews imply, so don't let that inform you decision to work here. Much of your experience depends on what teams you're on, as certain clients are much more demanding than others (especially if your time is 100% allocated to them). But that's the same at any PR agency. Overall, if you do your work well and you're dedicated to the agency, the agency will give back to you. I can honestly say that work-wise, I've been very happy at Taylor and continue to receive new challenges and opportunities when I need a refresh. Not to mention we get to work with world-class brand names, which is a great addition to your resume. It's definitely not one of those places that hands things to you on a silver platter and you do need to ask for what you want, but that's to be expected in the work world. The PTO day package is extremely generous at 23 days (and counting, the longer you're there) and I've never had a problem taking all of them. Work-life balance, again, depends on the team, but I rarely see many people at the office past 7pm every day. The culture in NYC is pretty nonexistent, so it's become a place where you get your work done and leave, but I'll never complain about having my own office in the Empire State Building. I think Taylor has some of the smartest people in the business working for them, especially at the junior to mid levels. There's so much potential at this agency for powerhouse PR professionals, and I hope they recognize the extent to which that's true. Everyone I work with is whip smart and understands the current landscape. This is less true of the more senior staff, as they can be a bit stuck in the past, but they're usually supportive and open to new ideas if you speak up and voice them. I also appreciate the importance they place on career pathing, and have felt like I could be open with my supervisors about where I feel I stand at the agency, and seen changes made as a result. At the end of the day, success at Taylor seems to come down to fitting into the culture and deciding to invest in the agency. If you're a hard worker and take advantage of the opportunities offered (like the $1,000 grant they give us each year), you'll be well liked, valued and rewarded. It's all about the buy-in and keeping a positive attitude. It is what you make of it and, honestly, you're going to encounter these same kinds of problems at any business in any industry.

Cons

People have pointed out that there have been twice yearly layoffs, and that's mostly been correct. It's definitely been tough to lose valuable friends and colleagues, and has been the hardest thing I've had to reconcile with at Taylor. The amount of layoffs combined with the people who've left of their own free will have made the NYC office pretty empty, and the company culture has all but dissipated. The culture when I started compared to now are like two completely different agencies. We also have no stable HR department, which is its own problem. There is a huge lack of diversity at the agency, which has gotten worse since I've been here. I used to think it was unusually diverse, but a lot of people of color have either quit or been fired. The managing partners are also all white men, which is awful for optics and leaves many women at the agency craving female leadership, especially in the NYC office. Most junior staff, on the other hand, are women. They won't give us the time between Christmas and New Year's off, which frankly feels arbitrary, and there are no summer Fridays. They say it's because of the generous 23+ days of PTO we get, but it feels like a vague excuse. Despite all of this, I don't think Taylor is any worse a place to work as far as PR agencies go. I've worked for far worse and at least feel respected and heard here. You just need to know how to speak up at Taylor, otherwise you'll fall through the cracks and be miserable grumbling about how nothing ever changes.

Taylor Global2018-04-13

"Smart people, impactful work"

I have been working at Taylor Global full-time

Pros

Simply put, this agency attracts smart, driven people and combined with the name brand clients on the roster, that results in work that actually has an impact on people, businesses, etc. You won't feel like you're spinning your wheels on small clients or doing work for the sake of work.

Cons

Like any PR agency, there are nits to pick about the nature of client services, occasional long hours, etc. But nothing that's unique to Taylor. If those standard types of complaints are an issue, then the industry might be the problem, not the particular agency.

Taylor Global2018-02-02

"It’s a bird, it’s a plane, nope it’s just a falling red “T” for Taylor..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Taylor Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The only pro are my colleagues (not including the CEO), great people who are ALL slowly but surely leaving.

Cons

The entire company! It’s like a hot melting pot, no one is valued and every one is replaceable. Don’t let the last two reviews (I’m sure the CEO had everything to do with them being put out there, because no one here and not here feels that way) fool you, it’s not worth the time. The interview will fool you into thinking it’s the place to be. The CEO’s personality will jump out at you like no other but that’s only because he has everything to hide. Don’t work here, use your interview as practice for the next interview that you definitely need to go one with ANOTHER REAL company. Look at the other reviews. The CEO and the company is great at selling you a dream, and give you ricks to kick when you get in the door. NOTHING is good about Taylor not even the HR department, why because they don’t have one. Save yourself the headache and look the other way, unless you want to dance with the devil I wouldn’t suggest working here.

Taylor Global2018-02-16