Taylor Morrison Reviews | Glassdoor

Taylor Morrison Reviews

Updated December 11, 2018

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Truly allows for a good work-life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Division President truly cares about his team" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Aggressive deadlines hinders work life balance at times" (in 13 reviews)

• "There are no cons for this company" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Never happier or more fulfilled."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity abounds. Leadership team is genuine, authentic and very customer centric. The company is very flat with great visibility and opportunity. You have the ability to “Be the CEO of your own career.” If you want to be pushed beyond what you thought you were capable of... just raise your hand and you will receive.

Cons

There wasn’t a clear career progression in my niche area of expertise. Just a few of us in a very specialized roles across the country.

I didn’t want to be stuck with a my current title forever, but there was no role above my current one and I wanted my title to reflect my level of contribution and experience. Manager>Senior>Director>VP.

Thankfully the People Services :) aka: HR folks have worked very hard to help create succession plans, TM Learning internal development, and a very engaging Talent Review Process. Now I have the ability to pave the way to the next level in my career progression.

Advice to Management

Don’t be afraid to manage out complacency. Sometimes we’re a bit slow to make the hard decision.

Apr 19, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank You so much!! This is music to our ears. We value our team members and want to provide the opportunity and tools needed so anyone can be the CEO of their own career.

2. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Construction in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President, Construction in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very employee and family oriented company. Your personal life is just as important as your work life. All fellow employees feel like family.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people - it's very effective.

"Community Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is amazing. Never have I worked for such a group of caring people. There is no micro-managing or pressure. It is nice to hear you are appreciated and that is exactly what they do. They also have great benefits and our holidays consist of more than 3 days. I will never leave here until the day I retire.

Cons

I do not have any thing negative to say about our team.

Advice to Management

Keep being as amazing as you are.

4. "Customer Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for!! The people are awesome! The culture is like no other place I have EVER worked. The term "Open Door Policy" is enforced and welcomed. Joining Taylor Morrison is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together. Management takes the time to listen and care about each employee personally, all the way up to our Chairman & Chief Executive Officer.

Cons

None - seriously, this is the BEST place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and keep smiling!

5. "Many Issues"

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

Company is growing. Was a small company growing to a corporation. Finally obtained an HR department. Slowly starting to work with people for altered work schedules depending which division you work for. Is a family based company. Employees for the most part are finally starting to act like a team and not fighting against one another (for the most part).

Cons

They hire more family and friends. If you want to be promoted you have to suck up to management or be a friend or family member. They hold people back if you do well at your job. Do not consult with you before making decisions that involves you and your work. Management doesn't seem to listen to concerns. Surveys from customers rate us below a certain number they do not pay us on that loan we worked the hardest on. No option from working from home when all other mortgage companies offer this. Concerns are not taken care of in a timely manner or at all for certain people, but seems to be done quicker for others. Therefore, some favoritism seems to be an issue. Wish there was more praise of good work done than scolding for mistakes. A lot of issues needing to be worked out... some very slowly. Honestly feel certain managers are not suited for their positions. They were merely promoted because of time with the company and people they know higher up. Getting raises, but then lowering your chances of obtaining loans to review to level out your pay. Received a couple of pay increases but somehow ended up with the same yearly income I did the prior year. Seems this is purposely done to avoid payout. Sometimes feel taken advantage of. The desks and chairs are very uncomfortable. The cubicles are very short and you are in an open floor plan so it gets very loud and distracting. No privacy with your customer. System/software constantly fails or freezes. Basically being demanded to get your work done without the tools needed to do so.

Advice to Management

To actually address the issues stated in the cons. Wish management would actually listen and care for their employees. They make a HUGE deal about customer service, but put their customer before their employees. Their surveys are completely subjective and do not measure accurately the customer service given to the customer. Hard work goes unnoticed. This company could be great if they put forth the effort to do so. Your employee should come first. When doing so then they will take care of the customer and the company. The logic isn't there. They seem to care more about themselves and their pockets than their employees.

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company truly cares about it's employees. Having been with the company for over 20 years, I can't express my gratitude enough for all the opportunities I have been granted to help me and the development of my career.

Cons

I work too much - but that's on me for wanting to do a good job for the company

Oct 30, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Congrats and Thank You so much for your loyalty and commitment.

7. "New Home Sales Consultant"

Pros

Great company culture; hard work is rewarded; communities are beautiful and in prime locations

Cons

Not much downside if you are committed to the position and the schedule

Oct 22, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love to have team members that are committed and proud of our product/communities.

8. "Construction Project Manager"

Current Employee - Construction Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Construction Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, fun working environment. Love the construction managers.

Cons

Paperwork in the field is not always accurate. Lots of communication breakdown between the office and the field.

Oct 22, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for tenure. Communication is critical and a constant work in progress. We will continue to work on this as an organization to ensure all team members have what they need to be successful.

9. "Join a winning team and great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Terrific team, Invest in learning and development, technology, and great work environment. Couldn't ask for more support from our Leadership team

Cons

Work life can be harder to achieve given our rapid growth but balance can happen for you if your willing to be flexible

Oct 22, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for being here and believing in our commitment to our team members.

10. "My Experience"

Current Employee - Quality & Safety Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Quality & Safety Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Considerate of family time, Well organized, solid future.

Cons

No significant complaints, well run organization with a promising future.

Advice to Management

None

Oct 22, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you so much for your commitment to the team. 10 years is amazing and we look forward to growth and opportunity in the years to come.