Taylor Morrison Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Taylor Morrison Reviews

Updated May 9, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Taylor Morrison President and CEO Sheryl Palmer
Sheryl Palmer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits are good and salary is competitive (in 10 reviews)

• TM has made huge strides in creating a real work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can get a little out of whack in this business or field certain times of the year (in 11 reviews)

• There are no cons for this company (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Never happier or more fulfilled."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity abounds. Leadership team is genuine, authentic and very customer centric. The company is very flat with great visibility and opportunity. You have the ability to “Be the CEO of your own career.” If you want to be pushed beyond what you thought you were capable of... just raise your hand and you will receive.

Cons

There wasn’t a clear career progression in my niche area of expertise. Just a few of us in a very specialized roles across the country.

I didn’t want to be stuck with a my current title forever, but there was no role above my current one and I wanted my title to reflect my level of contribution and experience. Manager>Senior>Director>VP.

Thankfully the People Services :) aka: HR folks have worked very hard to help create succession plans, TM Learning internal development, and a very engaging Talent Review Process. Now I have the ability to pave the way to the next level in my career progression.

Advice to Management

Don’t be afraid to manage out complacency. Sometimes we’re a bit slow to make the hard decision.

Apr 19, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank You so much!! This is music to our ears. We value our team members and want to provide the opportunity and tools needed so anyone can be the CEO of their own career.

2. "Recognition"

Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

National Recognition is very much appreciated and provides encouragement to strive towards new goals!!!

Cons

Wish there were more time to work with colleagues from other states and markets.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would love to hear from our team members on what you think would be a great way to increase collaboration among different states and markets... More

3. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Superintendent in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Superintendent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Family atmosphere. They treat you like a person, not a number. Always trying to promote from within. Probably the best company i've work for in regards to doing this. Great pay, benefits and co-workers.

Cons

None really. Only area of improvement would be the year end is same time as Main Holidays which put constraints on your Holiday season.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Love working here. I've had several other offers over the past couple years, some for more pay and higher position, but have chosen to stay for multiple reasons, including the "pros" listed above.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

We couldn’t agree more that we are one big family and truly care about all of our team members. We understand year end can be challenging at times and hope with new processes we are implementing we... More

4. "Absolutely the most incredible company!"

Current Employee - National Construction Trainer in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - National Construction Trainer in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Taylor Morrison is a fantastic company that supports its employees 100%. They prefer to promote within and recognize talent when it presents itself. Taylor Morrison is true to its word and makes for a great work environment. We are not just employees. We are a team, friends, and a family.

Cons

I do not have any.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your team leaders. They are being looked to for support from their underlings. Consistency is a good thing.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

We love to promote from within. Our first go to is our current team members. We’ve recently created a career path tool kit to provide guidance for all and TRP is well underway. Keep up the great... More

5. "Community Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Naples, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong management teams that provides you the tools to make decisions on your own, yet gives support when needed

Cons

I am very happy here and don't have dislikes

Advice to Management

Continue to let us make suggestions , make decisions and be supportive when necessary. I love their management style.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Naples is a beautiful place. We strongly encourage suggestions from the field. Who better to share ideas than those who are on the front line day in and day out. Thank you for the review.

6. "Senior Superintendent"

Current Employee - Senior Superintendent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Superintendent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethics , good working environment , growing company that promotes from within , no micro managing allows you run your business .

Cons

Taylor Morrison is experiencing growing pains due to their rapid growth in the Atlanta market .

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees informed with a open door policy for the pros and cons.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Atlanta is a very fast growing market and we truly appreciate your commitment and loyalty during our build phase. Thank you for all you do.

7. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Taylor Morrison (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great , wonderful people

Cons

Company not open for flexible schedule

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as a former team member. We care about all our team members: present, past and future. As we continue to grow and evolve we constantly evaluate the... More

8. "Executive Vice President of Homebuilding Operations"

Former Employee - EVP in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - EVP in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture that enables talented employees to be successful in there efforts to build quality homes for our customers
    Positive time in the industry and TM is focused on profitable growth by focusing on serving core consumer groups in all our markets

Cons

As a 5 yr old public company we are still refining some of our core processes, but we are making solid progress

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work supporting hiring, training and developing our world class employees

"An incredible place to work with amazing leadership"

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for. You have the freedom to manage people and trades as needed and the management team, especially in the headquarters is awesome. They are also the most trusted builder for a third time, which is very difficult to do.

Every year they recognize the top sales person and construction superintendent from each location at an awards ceremony. But I'm still waiting on the company fishing day. The vice president of communication takes her employees out for manicures and spa days during work and posts pictures each time on social media about where they go and what they do. She even let an employee take a "working" vacation to the east coast for three weeks. I'm hoping our location will take all of us out for a day of fishing so we can have some fun too.

The pay is very fair and my manager allows me the ability to manage my people. He has trust in all his employees and I really appreciate that. I've worked for one other home builder and this is the best company I have ever worked for. I wish I had started with Taylor Morrison instead of that other builder.

Cons

I wish we had more construction managers to help with the number of homes we are building. It is tough to cover so many homes at once.

Advice to Management

I really like this company and we are doing very well as a business. Keep up the great work.

10. "INDUSTRY IS CHANGING"

Former Employee - Construction Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Construction Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, flexible schedule, Christmas holliday

Cons

Everyday is a total beat down, industry is changing in a negative way, no loyalty between employer and emplyee

Advice to Management

Show some kind of appreciation for the hard work that the people in the field do everyday.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Manager

We couldn’t agree with you more that the industry is changing and we are doing everything possible to provide a balanced approach to providing positive recognition to all of our team members. We... More