Taylor Morrison Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sheryl Palmer

Pros
  • Organized public company, good benefit package, pleasant work environment, generally great people in management and to work with (in 3 reviews)

• most of my co-workers were friendly and helpful, good pay and reasonably good benefits but not nearly enough to offset the poisonous atmosphere (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • I found the late hours requirement to work weekends as a Sr Sales Assoc to be undesirable for my work/life balance needs (in 5 reviews)

• The more money you make the more it seems like upper management turns against you (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Taylor Morrison now for almost a year and a half, and every day it gets better and better. The people are some of the best and brightest in the industry and I'm smarter because of them. I'm given the opportunity to truly lead and am seen as a trusted advisor in my role. The balance of autonomy and clear direction given from leadership is refreshing, and something most employers can only dream of having.

Cons

The setup of the corporate office needs some work, so that the workspace is more collaborative and modern, but I know this is something the management team is currently working on -- and everyone is pumped!

Aug 8, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We're glad you're seen as a trusted advisor -- and that you're so happy in your role! And we agree. The corporate office is in need of ... More

2. "Community Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Community Sales Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Proactive, positive & supportive upper management, eager to listen and assist.

Cons

Extremely busy and long hours, not sure that is a con though after 2007.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Constatly Changing Environment"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, People Under Magement

Cons

Upper management. Managers are very quick to tell you what you did wrong, but far too often fall short of telling one congrats on a job well done.

Advice to Management

Train some of your management to be far more supportive of their team.

5. "VP"

Current Employee - Vice President, Land in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Land in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

National company with a private culture and feel.

Promotion opportunities

Exposure to Atlanta market in multiple products and locations

Rewards those who produce

Cons

New market with two major acquisitions equals growth pains

Atlanta is the most competitive market so making and keeping margins is a challenge

Advice to Management

Stay positive
    Stay focused
    Define your path

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Absolute best place to work. Never worked for a company with so many amazing people around me. Give you all tools and opportunities to be successful and they all genuinely care about you succeeding for yourself not just the company.

Cons

Only con is that I didn't start working here sooner.

Nov 21, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Communications

This is the best thing we've read all day. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and view of Taylor Morrison! If only we all would've started sooner!

7. "One of the best places to work!"

Pros

The atmosphere that I get to work in is second to none. Our upper management team is smart, they care about the employees as well as the customers. They allow us to do the right thing.

Cons

Deadlines and commitments are difficult at the end of the year. That is just the business we are in but it truly is the only bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Love working with Taylor Morrison.

Nov 21, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Communications

We love that you love working here -- and we LOVE having you here! And we all despise the end-of-the-year crunch. Trust us, we're doing what we can internally to prevent this from continuing in the ... More

8. "Jr Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Juniors Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Juniors Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organized public company, good benefit package, pleasant work environment, generally great people in management and to work with.

Cons

Sales around model homes makes for uncertainty as to where you may be located after one site build is complete, pay scale is mediocre. I found the late hours requirement to work weekends as a Sr Sales Assoc to be undesirable for my work/life balance needs. There was no way to make more money in the company otherwise.

9. "Purchasing Coordinator"

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

No set schedule, company perks, communicative management, laid-back work environment

Cons

A lot of people who don't pay attention to detail and cause hiccups during construction

Advice to Management

Don't let frequent mistake from repeat offenders fly under the radar. Hold people accountable for their actions.

Nov 21, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying your experience working with us and that you'd recommend us to others. Though, we're not pleased with ... More

10. "Great Company Culture"

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Division has a strong Family Atmosphere

Cons

Company tends to run extremely lean on staffing

Oct 18, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Communications

Thank you for the review. The Taylor Morrison family is a strong one -- and we're so glad you're a part of it. We agree that we run lean in certain areas of the organization and we're looking into ... More

11. "Taylor Morrison is a really good company to be part of."

Pros

Generally speaking, I really enjoy working at Taylor Morrison. Because of the way my team is structured I've had the opportunity to work on a lot of different projects and collaborate with several divisions across the country, also I'm constantly being challenged to work on things that are new and exciting to me. Sitting in corporate allows me to have a unique perspective. I see firsthand how important taking care of our people is to the leadership team. I believe that they truly want to continue to foster an organization that is great for our employees and our customers.

Cons

Because of the way the company is set up, corporate is often looked at by the divisions as trying to meddle where they really don't belong. It's challenging to make necessary changes when you're not viewed as really being on the same team, even though your goals are exactly the same. Also, things take a really long time to implement-- there's a lot of consensus decision making.

Advice to Management

Have more clarity in roles and expectations.

Oct 18, 2016 – Vice President, Corporate Communications

Thank you for the feedback! We love hearing from current employees on what they're enjoying about their experience and where we have room to improve. And we couldn't agree more on the "one team ... More