Cover image for Taylor Morrison

4.5
Taylor Morrison President and CEO Sheryl Palmer
Sheryl Palmer

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and team environment!(in 80 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and vey employee conscience.(in 54 reviews)
  • "The people are great and the open communication is encouraged across all departments.(in 44 reviews)
  • "Management always helping the sales people to be successful(in 30 reviews)
  • "Company respects work/life balance and good benefits.(in 27 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Taylor Morrison and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

TMHF - They Love the Customer!

Oct 27, 2022 - Processing in Maitland, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They truly love the customer and not just the ones who borrow from us but the employees as well. From the very tip top, they care and it shows!

Cons

There are no downsides to working for this company.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture and leadership

Nov 20, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leaders have great vision and have promoted an excellent culture, leaders care about the employee and workplace experience is great. Work family inspires you to be your best self everyday.

Cons

PTO starts at 2 weeks and takes 5 years to get to 3 weeks. Compensation is below market value.

3. Join the Taylor Morrison team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!!

Nov 29, 2022 - Accounts Payable in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team atmosphere and CEO

Cons

High turnover due to poorly trained management

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great perks, poor work life balance

Nov 27, 2022 - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, yearly bonuses, family oriented, opportunities to grow and move up.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Management on down is overworked, even remotely. Broken processes from all departments. High turnover in all departments.

6. 4.0

Great company

Nov 30, 2022 - Mortgage Disclosure Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job, good company and nice benefits

Cons

Long work days and some times there is lack of communication

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

TMHF is an AMAZING company to work for!!

Jun 8, 2022 - Client Coordinator III
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training was very detailed and so helpful when coming on board at Taylor Morrison Home Funding. The trainers are always there to help you every step of the way and are always easy to reach when you need to ask questions. The management and team members I work with are all amazing, welcoming, and very easy to get along with. Each and every one of them will jump to help you whenever you need. It my 6 years as a Mortgage Loan Processor, I have never worked for such an amazing company like TMHF. TMHF encourage you to take time off, everyone in the company supports you, they take the time to get to know you, and they give you the recognition you deserve. An add bonus is the pay and benefits are great too!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons when it comes to working for Taylor Morrison Home Funding. The only thing I will say is that I do work remote, and I am about 7 hours away from the company and team that I work for in Maitland, Florida. Although I do like working remotely (and I am very grateful they allow me to do so), I only wish that I was closer so that I had the opportunity to be able to visit the office and see everyone in person.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to build a career

Nov 3, 2022 - Construction Superintendent in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits compared to others builders in the area. I have been treated like my opinion matters and everyone works together as a team.

Cons

Fortunately I done have any Cons at the present moment.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Place to Work except for the huddles

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues that I work with are amazing. This place truly is great. Great benefits, fun to work at leadership for the most part (except for what I will list in the cons section) is great. My division president is 1 in a million. I’m sad to say goodbye but loved the opportunity!

Cons

This was actually a big part in my leaving, the Huddles. The contents within the huddles seem like they are written by some woke millennials who didn’t check with anyone else before they just shove there ideals on the rest of the company. The huddles are usually stale and no one wants to participate. The wow stories are always fun because it is people helping people. GREAT! All of the other pieces to it fall short Every time. You are a home builder, traditionally far right views, but with the huddles you have somehow given a voice to the left which 3/4 of your company probably hates and disagrees with.

Taylor Morrison Response

Thank you for your feedback. Our Huddles sole focus is around our TMLiving culture. The Huddles include a culture conversation featuring our TMLiving tenets, important information on what’s happening in our company, and local news such as celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. We pride ourselves on our company culture and our 15 minute daily Huddles help us come together as a team and start our day strong.

10. 5.0

Grateful To Work At Taylor Morrison

Sep 15, 2022 - Assistant Superintendent in San Tan Valley
    Business Outlook

Pros

The nature of the job and the work we do is both exciting and challenging, which is what drew me in to homebuilding. The reputation of Taylor Morrison is what made me apply with this particular home builder. Upon hire, the welcoming and culture of the company has proven to be the best experience of any employer I've ever had. They are heavy on team building and having fun while effectively getting their work completed. It's no wonder why they keep growing in an economy where growth is typically stagnant.

Cons

None so far. Every employer may have their cons but I have yet to find one.

Taylor Morrison Response

This is so great to hear, thank you for sharing!

11. 5.0

Great Culture & Leadership

Sep 13, 2022 - VP Construction in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company culture is a breath of fresh air - people who truly care about the internal personnel and our customers. - Consistency with procedures to help drive predictability. - Approachable managers and leaders.

Cons

I have not been here long enough to have an opposing opinion but I can say that the one thing that I am struggling to keep up with is the quantity of emails and that sinking feeling.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 747 Reviews
</>Embed

Taylor Morrison Reviews FAQs

Taylor Morrison has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 764 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Taylor Morrison to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Taylor Morrison employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Taylor Morrison. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

94% of Taylor Morrison employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Taylor Morrison 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Taylor Morrison to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Taylor Morrison Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Taylor Morrison? Share Your Experiences

Taylor Morrison logo

Taylor Morrison Careers

Cover image for Taylor Morrison

Taylor Morrison builds communities, literally and figuratively. And we’re not only a good neighbor in all of the communities we call home,...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Family of Brands
  • Benefits & Work Perks
  • Love Where You Work

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

22 days ago

Company News
Despite increasing interest rates and construction delays resulting from Hurricane Ian hitting during the final week of Q3, our team members successfully weathered the storm as evidenced by today’s earnings report. “I’d like to thank our homebuilding and mortgage teams across the country for another quarter of record performance despite the odds. They are laser focused on our year-end goals and actively working with our homebuyers in today’s challenging environment, and I am so appreciative of all of their efforts,” shared our Chairman and CEO, Sheryl Palmer. For the full breakdown of our Q3 earnings, visit the link below.
Shared image - Taylor Morrison Reports Third Quarter 2022 Results, Including Record Earnings per Diluted Share of $2.72
investors.taylormorrison.com

22 days ago

Culture
In commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of our team members, and to reduce some of the stigma around taking time off work, we recently rebranded our sick days to ‘Wellness Days.’ The new change represents an increased emphasis on mindfulness in our workplace. Everyone is entitled and encouraged to utilize these days when in need of a break—no explanation needed. Today and every day, we're prioritizing wellness! #ThisisTMLiving

Taylor Morrison Photos

+ Add Photo
Taylor Morrison photo of: Amazing Leadership Team
Taylor Morrison photo of: Sweaters in SoCal
Taylor Morrison photo of: Our Land Team Loves to Paint
Taylor Morrison photo of: Basket Ball Time
Taylor Morrison photo of: Make-A-Wish &amp; We Grant-A-Wish
Taylor Morrison photo of: Our Training Team! R U Ready to Learn?
Taylor Morrison photo of: Happy Halloween 2018

PulteGroup Logo
PulteGroup

4.0

Compare

Glassdoor has 764 Taylor Morrison reviews submitted anonymously by Taylor Morrison employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Taylor Morrison is right for you.