Taymark Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 10, 2017

1.7
Troy Ethan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Depends on your perspective and what you what out of a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, MN

I have been working at Taymark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, full and part time benefits, ability to learn on the job, obtain new skills and work with different departments if you are a go-getter and are willing to learn. Ask questions, don't wait for someone to come to you. I see a lot of complaints below, and yes, we have had poor management in the past. Taymark has made many changes over the years. TROY ETHAN NO LONGER WORKS HERE. It is a great place to work, especially if you don't need your hand held for everything. Temps are hired during busy seasonal times. I have seen hard working temps asked to stay full time. You need to know what you want, clarify what is expected of you if you are unsure, and be able to learn a task quickly. Don't be afraid to ask questions, the staff is helpful and nice. There are many opportunities to learn skills within other departments and grow your skill set. It's a unique company that may be right up your alley.

Cons

Pay is less competitive than companies in the cities.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on morale and more competitive wages.

2. "Management"

Pros

People there are extremely hard working and friendly. Walking track in warehouse is nice for those who want to fight being sedentary during their workday.

Cons

Lack of wise judgement, discernment, and social/emotional intelligence with employees -- when they are struggling, when managers (or coworkers) are treating them unfairly, when they need encouragement instead of constant criticism. Not all management guilty of this -- just some. Unfortunately, it only takes one bad manager to ruin rapport.

Lack of pay. Lowballing is common.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to pay closer attention to the managers they hire. Just because they seem competent at the job's requirements doesn't mean they know how to deal with and read people.

3. "Bad management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I have been working at Taymark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are friendly and hardworking and actually are trying to work hard for you. Great support staff.

Cons

Bad bad bad management.The employees here are hard working and friendly with very low appreciation from management. As long as you do everything the manager wants and you don't complain, you're fine. Even if you have set hours they will change them at will without telling you. Managers will smile and be fine to your face and then write you up the next. There is a HUGE turnaround with employees. Either because of low pay or bad management. There is never pay raises. Customers don't get their items on time because most likely it's still sitting in the warehouse or at the border. If you want to talk to a supervisor, they will always be in a meeting. You may or may not get a call 48 hours later. If something is on back order you won't be told right away. They will ship out what we have or cancel your whole order without telling you and by then it will probably be too late.

Advice to Management

Fire all the management. Be more clear on employee handbook. Be honest with customers about where their order really is and when they will get it. Get better on the sizing charts. Hire better people in the warehouse. Pay better. Appreciate your employees. Be more open to employee advancement. Make sure customers get notification on back orders and cancellations. Quit hiring people from temp agencies

4. "Not a bad place to work at"

I worked at Taymark full-time

Pros

Friendly environment. People that work there are friendly and very helpful as well.

Cons

Some people that worked there werent so friendly and were kind of rude.

"Menial work , zero incentives"

Current Employee - Call Center in White Bear Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Call Center in White Bear Lake, MN

I have been working at Taymark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch is the best thing about my job here.

Cons

A cubicle farm : work environment is dirty in the warehouse & call center , lunch room tables.Spiders,fruit flies-gross. Always freezing cold, have to wear a sweatshirt in the building -even on 90 degree days. A few of my coworkers are lazy slobs who are always on their c -ph doing personal stuff. Chew & snaps gum loudly, make ignorant comments about the customers they are calling, talking & laughing instead of focusing on work. Peeves me off & disrupts my work , concentration. They spend more time socializing than working. They haven't grasp the concept that this is an office, NOT their living room at home. No health or dental insurance offered. Seem to have a constant turn over of employee's.

Advice to Management

Increase wages based upon an employee's work experience. Provide a cleaner work environment-why do employee's in the call center have to empty their own wastebaskets ? Hire a cleaning crew! Place time clocks at the entrances , so an employee can punch in & not have to walk a football field to the time clock. Offer OT .Rearrange the call center seating so you can have a conversation with a customer without having to listen to cube mate blabbing on about nothing. Put up partitions to block out the noise. I have yet to be introduced to half of the people who work here...Some employee's talk to you & some are snotty people who travel in cliques.

"They are trying to improve, but not in areas that matter most to employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

Pros

There are some nice people that work there. Hours are flexible. Management is making an attempt to improve employee morale, but not in areas that matter most to the employees.

Cons

Taymark has the worst compensation and benefits of any place I've ever worked, bar none. They have been saying for literally years that they are working to become "more competitive in the market" in these areas, but we have seen zero results from this effort. Salaries are just abysmal. They have instituted a monthly survey for employees to rate different aspects of working at Taymark, are consistently rated very low for fair pay - and yet do nothing to improve in this area. Any of the pros of working at Taymark are far outweighed by how unvalued we feel as employees with such poor wages. Turnover is very high because pay is better at just about any other company! I will be leaving myself very soon.

Advice to Management

Really do something about the biggest problem with working at Taymark, which is unfair wages - rather than just constantly saying they are going to do something. No one in the company believes that will ever happen anymore, and many good people have left or will be leaving because of this.

"Did not like working there."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

Pros

I suppose the location was nice and there is a lot of parking but to get the best parking you have to work in the morning. Hours were pretty flexible.

Cons

There were a lot of downsides. This was not my favorite place to work. The pay was too low and management was unhelpful and supervisors changed constantly. Very low tech equipment.

Advice to Management

I would work on empowering employees and employee motivation. I also think ethical standards could be applied more rigorously. Also, not to have the leadership change so often, it makes it difficult.

"The lowest paying, unfair job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling. Some nice people to work WITH, not for.

Cons

Horribly low pay, expectations ridiculously high for no compensation, kind of like throw a dog a bone.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management that expects so much out of employees and gives back so little. Give them the worthless kind of raises that other people get. What do you want out of people that you aren't paying them but poverty level salaries? Get real people.

9. "Good Stepping Stone"

Pros

Good opportunity to learn if you are fresh out of school or with only a couple of years of experience. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Several senior level managers are unqualified for their jobs, making advancement opportunities nearly impossible to achieve.Wages are below average.

Advice to Management

Throughly evaluate qualifications and experience of senior staff to determine their level, rather than just taking their word for it.