Taymark Reviews in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN | Glassdoor

1.0
Troy Ethan
1 Rating

1. "Bad management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I have been working at Taymark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are friendly and hardworking and actually are trying to work hard for you. Great support staff.

Cons

Bad bad bad management.The employees here are hard working and friendly with very low appreciation from management. As long as you do everything the manager wants and you don't complain, you're fine. Even if you have set hours they will change them at will without telling you. Managers will smile and be fine to your face and then write you up the next. There is a HUGE turnaround with employees. Either because of low pay or bad management. There is never pay raises. Customers don't get their items on time because most likely it's still sitting in the warehouse or at the border. If you want to talk to a supervisor, they will always be in a meeting. You may or may not get a call 48 hours later. If something is on back order you won't be told right away. They will ship out what we have or cancel your whole order without telling you and by then it will probably be too late.

Advice to Management

Fire all the management. Be more clear on employee handbook. Be honest with customers about where their order really is and when they will get it. Get better on the sizing charts. Hire better people in the warehouse. Pay better. Appreciate your employees. Be more open to employee advancement. Make sure customers get notification on back orders and cancellations. Quit hiring people from temp agencies

"They are trying to improve, but not in areas that matter most to employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

Pros

There are some nice people that work there. Hours are flexible. Management is making an attempt to improve employee morale, but not in areas that matter most to the employees.

Cons

Taymark has the worst compensation and benefits of any place I've ever worked, bar none. They have been saying for literally years that they are working to become "more competitive in the market" in these areas, but we have seen zero results from this effort. Salaries are just abysmal. They have instituted a monthly survey for employees to rate different aspects of working at Taymark, are consistently rated very low for fair pay - and yet do nothing to improve in this area. Any of the pros of working at Taymark are far outweighed by how unvalued we feel as employees with such poor wages. Turnover is very high because pay is better at just about any other company! I will be leaving myself very soon.

Advice to Management

Really do something about the biggest problem with working at Taymark, which is unfair wages - rather than just constantly saying they are going to do something. No one in the company believes that will ever happen anymore, and many good people have left or will be leaving because of this.

"Did not like working there."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

Pros

I suppose the location was nice and there is a lot of parking but to get the best parking you have to work in the morning. Hours were pretty flexible.

Cons

There were a lot of downsides. This was not my favorite place to work. The pay was too low and management was unhelpful and supervisors changed constantly. Very low tech equipment.

Advice to Management

I would work on empowering employees and employee motivation. I also think ethical standards could be applied more rigorously. Also, not to have the leadership change so often, it makes it difficult.