Found 1,712 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Teach for America
Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!
Got a burning question about Teach for America? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Teach for America employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I was able to experience a location of the country and meet some great people." (in 118 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and working from home is a huge plus." (in 80 reviews)
- "Colleagues are smart & genuinely caring people" (in 38 reviews)
- "Great culture, positivity and intentionality in leaning in" (in 38 reviews)
- "In addition the staff are friendly and concerned about corps members and their success." (in 36 reviews)
- "Indoctrination of people to believe lies about education and they place you in the toughest schools with little training." (in 67 reviews)
- "No work life balance provided" (in 59 reviews)
- "Hours are long and if you did not study education then you will not feel nearly prepared." (in 57 reviews)
- "Very low pay compared to any world in the world." (in 50 reviews)
- "started at a very low salary BUT was given 3 raises over 2 years (I had only asked for one)" (in 34 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Teach for America and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Aug 22, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
TFA was great with professional development and showed a real commitment to its staff and learning. There is a lot of room to grow and develop skills where you want and need!
The cons are few and far between for me, and they're changing the internal structure a lot so it might not be relevant but getting help from the national office was often a chore and a half!
Teach for America Reviews FAQs
Teach for America has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,871 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Teach for America to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
71% of Teach for America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Teach for America 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.