Teachers Pay Teachers Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Incredible Candidate Experience"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time

Pros

A tremendous strength of the TpT team is a level of sincerity throughout their interviewing process. They succeed at making you feel prioritized as a person, as well as a candidate. The selection process, even during remote interviewing, was pretty seamless - all videos worked well and interviewers showed up on time - but more than that, the team was always sure to give you details of where you were and what was to come, and in a timely manner. Receiving clear communication and knowing that your questions will be answered in a thoughtful way is really appreciated during times such as these, and TpT seemed to make a concerted effort to do that. One of the things that I was most impressed by from my experience interviewing with TpT was each member's willingness to give clarity and honesty to every question I brought them during the process. Some of my many questions included, "What is remote life like at TpT?" "How has quarantine affected the company's culture?" "How have your goals as a team and as a company been impacted?" etc. -- Having interviewed substantially during quarantine, I have to say it can be fairly confusing when a team you're speaking with says that their company's culture hasn't been impacted significantly by COVID-19, or when they don't have too clear of an answer at all. It leaves you with the impression that those people aren't being entirely honest and that you won't know what you're walking into. -- When speaking with TpT, I felt I was speaking with a real person. Team members would admit, "remote work can be hard at times," and then would describe *actual steps* they've taken to maintain culture, such as their "Watercooler" daily video chats that team members have the option to join to see a friendly face. An answer that wasn't all dressed up in sales language gave me the opportunity to visualize what working remotely for this team would actually feel like. All of the different conversations I had with separate team members were consistent with each other, and employees seem to enjoy and be motivated by the same things at the company. If there was a word I could use to summarize the impression I had, it would be that this team is "genuine." I feel very fortunate to say that I'll be joining TpT soon! Since accepting the offer, I've received a huge amount of warmth and welcoming through emails and text messages from many team members. I'm so happy (and relieved) to finally be able to say that I've found a much better spot now than before I was laid off.

Cons

None that I've seen at this point

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the most talented people I know!

Cons

Nothing negative to say about teachers pay teachers! Only left because I had to relocate for family reasons.

3. "Great"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time

Pros

Recruitment process was smooth and enjoyable- there was constant communication from the first phone interview until accepting the offer which I really appreciated Great office culture

Cons

None come to mind at the moment

4. "Great Interview Process"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recruitment was extremely transparent with their timeline which I did not find at other ed-tech companies. The recruitment team was always up front with the process and when I would hear back. They also scheduled a lot of follow up calls so I knew what was happening on their end! When I came in for the interview they made me feel so comfortable and felt more like a conversation than an interview which I really appreciated. Now working at TpT the office culture is extremely welcoming and I could not be happier with my decision to come to TpT!

Cons

Don't have any cons to say!

5. "Mission + Integrity + Smart People"

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time

Pros

This company is a rare combo of smart, mission-driven people who work with real integrity to empower educators.

Cons

Like most tech companies, some decision-making processes could be better.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Mission & Culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Data Scientist in New York, NY

I worked at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Get to work with lots of smart and dedicated people. - Work towards a mission to improve the lives of teachers and students. - Great management and company culture.

Cons

There are no cons of work at TpT!

"A love for its people and its purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than a year

Pros

TpT is a wonderful place to grow professionally. There is strong leadership and talent across teams and seniority levels, all passionate and focused on serving educators. The company has been heavily focused on Learning and Development as well as Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, and it’s exciting to see that level of investment being made into us. (We have Eng Learning Fridays, a Diversity Task Force, we’re forming ERGs, in addition to many other things.) I believe we’ve held true to our company values, and have a culture that genuinely is kind and empathetic while also creative and super hard working. There are a lot of exciting initiatives we're working on and I see myself sticking around for the long run. I would recommend working here to anyone.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a small company

"What an awesome place to be and to grow as a software engineer!"

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time

Pros

I've worked (and consulted) for many technology companies and Teachers Pay Teachers is a truly unique organization. Not only is their engineering culture top-notch from a technical and collaborative perspective, but their commitment to diversity, transparent communication, and growing engineers really makes them stand out. And, to top it off, they have a really successful product that is having a huge positive impact on the K-12 world. If you're looking for a software engineering role where you can grow and make a difference in the world, I highly recommend Teachers Pay Teachers!

Cons

The only "con" I can think of is that there are a lot of interesting technical and growth challenges and Teachers Pay Teachers will need to be extra careful about focusing to ensure they can deliver valuable improvements consistently.

"Sales Development"

Current Employee - Sales Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continuous support from management and team Friendly/outgoing office

Cons

No cons come to mind

"Mission-driven organization doing impactful work"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked with smarter and more passionate people than I did at TpT. The organization does a purposeful job in hiring employees who truly care about the mission and believe that their work will make an impact on the teacher community. From leadership all the way down, there's a contagious feeling of growing and learning, and it is reflected through the culture which made working at TpT an amazing experience.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Teachers Pay Teachers Response

August 21, 2018People Operations, Vice President

Thank you for sharing your experience of working at Teachers Pay Teachers! We believe that our mission is special, and value the contributions that employees like you make to our educator community. Best wishes.

Found 17 reviews