KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Recent hire

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently started working at TpT and so far I have had all positive experiences! The culture seems great and the people are really nice! Benefits are really good including a great health plan and a comprehensive benefits package.

Cons

none that I can think of :)

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great mission, great people, interesting projects

Jun 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- the team I worked with was inclusive, welcoming, smart, and helpful as a new software engineer. - everyone is all in with the mission! - I have made friends for life here and grew so much as a software engineer. Honestly, I learned more in the two years I worked here than I have in any other company. - There are plenty of interesting and complex projects to work on. Most projects I worked on were highly visible. - my manager has always been transparent and cared about my career growth and my personal goals which I appreciated dearly!

Cons

- I am biased but missed being able to see my coworkers in the office and the in person events for team bonding. But that's because of the pandemic we couldn't do it this year.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work, with potential to be Great.

May 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of great managers (some exceptions, don’t get me wrong, but the bar of quality is higher than anywhere else I’ve worked). - Compensation is very good, especially for a non-FAANG company / unicorn startup. - Candid culture. People are straightforward here and it’s very helpful for getting my work done, learning, and growing. - Ownership. There are lots of opportunities for ownership here, even as a non-senior employee. - Kind people. Folks seem to genuinely care about one another and not solely out of obligation. - Work-life balance: It’s very rare you see people working nights or weekends (minus an employee or two who prefer to work slightly later hours than everyone else).

Cons

- Diversity needs to be better, especially in the engineering department. - Need for stronger engineering strategy and prioritization. Things shift too quickly and it often feels like an engineering North Star is missing.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really enjoyed my time at TpT

May 18, 2021 - Tech Lead in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, great pay, wonderful group of people, interesting problems. I really enjoyed my time at TpT and would still be working at TpT if it weren't for an incredible leadership opportunity that came along.

Cons

Sometimes in the interest of making sure everyone was involved or brought along in the process, I felt that productivity suffered. That being said it was a high performance culture with lots of smart people.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So many changes out of nowhere

Jul 2, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product and people are really nice here.

Cons

They changed our hours right after hiring us, significantly. Also no commission in the sales roles.

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Truly a great place to work!

Apr 26, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work at TpT are by far the best part about it. Everyone is insanely nice and welcoming, and the people ops do a great job creating different fun events and ways to help people connect- even remotely.

Cons

Just your expected growing pains of a new product (TpTSA).

Continue reading
  7. 5.0

Supportive, Mission Driven Company

Mar 4, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

TpT really values its mission of empowering teachers, both by promoting teacher created content and getting resources into teachers' hands in the most affordable and accessible ways. Very supportive leadership and a joyful place to work with good benefits.

Cons

Evolving needs on specific teams sometimes

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place with good people

Feb 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated teams looking to do good.

Cons

Unclear progression structure for growth and pormotions.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent Workplace

Dec 2, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

All employees are extremely helpful and professional, wonderful work environment.

Cons

No noticeable cons at this position.

10. 5.0

Incredible Candidate Experience

May 18, 2020 - Recruiting Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

A tremendous strength of the TpT team is a level of sincerity throughout their interviewing process. They succeed at making you feel prioritized as a person, as well as a candidate. The selection process, even during remote interviewing, was pretty seamless - all videos worked well and interviewers showed up on time - but more than that, the team was always sure to give you details of where you were and what was to come, and in a timely manner. Receiving clear communication and knowing that your questions will be answered in a thoughtful way is really appreciated during times such as these, and TpT seemed to make a concerted effort to do that. One of the things that I was most impressed by from my experience interviewing with TpT was each member's willingness to give clarity and honesty to every question I brought them during the process. Some of my many questions included, "What is remote life like at TpT?" "How has quarantine affected the company's culture?" "How have your goals as a team and as a company been impacted?" etc. -- Having interviewed substantially during quarantine, I have to say it can be fairly confusing when a team you're speaking with says that their company's culture hasn't been impacted significantly by COVID-19, or when they don't have too clear of an answer at all. It leaves you with the impression that those people aren't being entirely honest and that you won't know what you're walking into. -- When speaking with TpT, I felt I was speaking with a real person. Team members would admit, "remote work can be hard at times," and then would describe *actual steps* they've taken to maintain culture, such as their "Watercooler" daily video chats that team members have the option to join to see a friendly face. An answer that wasn't all dressed up in sales language gave me the opportunity to visualize what working remotely for this team would actually feel like. All of the different conversations I had with separate team members were consistent with each other, and employees seem to enjoy and be motivated by the same things at the company. If there was a word I could use to summarize the impression I had, it would be that this team is "genuine." I feel very fortunate to say that I'll be joining TpT soon! Since accepting the offer, I've received a huge amount of warmth and welcoming through emails and text messages from many team members. I'm so happy (and relieved) to finally be able to say that I've found a much better spot now than before I was laid off.

Cons

None that I've seen at this point

3 people found this review helpful