Teachers Pay Teachers Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 10 reviews

4.9
Teachers Pay Teachers CEO Joe Holland
Joe Holland

"What an awesome place to be and to grow as a software engineer!"

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time

Pros

I've worked (and consulted) for many technology companies and Teachers Pay Teachers is a truly unique organization. Not only is their engineering culture top-notch from a technical and collaborative perspective, but their commitment to diversity, transparent communication, and growing engineers really makes them stand out. And, to top it off, they have a really successful product that is having a huge positive impact...

Cons

The only "con" I can think of is that there are a lot of interesting technical and growth challenges and Teachers Pay Teachers will need to be extra careful about focusing to ensure they can deliver valuable improvements consistently.

Advice to Management

Stay true to Teachers Pay Teachers values as the organization continues to expand and explore new opportunities for growth.

Teachers Pay Teachers2018-11-28

"Sales Development"

Current Employee - Sales Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continuous support from management and team Friendly/outgoing office

Cons

No cons come to mind

Teachers Pay Teachers2018-09-27

"Mission-driven organization doing impactful work"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked with smarter and more passionate people than I did at TpT. The organization does a purposeful job in hiring employees who truly care about the mission and believe that their work will make an impact on the teacher community. From leadership all the way down, there's a contagious feeling of growing and learning, and it is reflected through the culture which made working at TpT an amazing experience.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going, and continue maintaining a high bar for bringing excellent people to the team.

Teachers Pay Teachers2017-09-05

Teachers Pay Teachers Response

August 21, 2018People Operations, Vice President

Thank you for sharing your experience of working at Teachers Pay Teachers! We believe that our mission is special, and value the contributions that employees like you make to our educator community. Best wishes.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers part-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Outlet for Creativity

Cons

There are many teacher authors and may require time to build a store following.

Teachers Pay Teachers2017-03-05

"Nice rates"

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers

Pros

You can earn money from creating your own products and the royalty rate is good. The premium sellers fee is a yearly fee to pay to earn a better commission though you can start selling without paying this fee. I suggest starting using the free version and waiting to see how your sales go. Then using your earnings to pay the fee.

Cons

Other sellers will create almost identical products. In some cases, this is somewhat understandable because we all cover the same thing. However, if you come up with an original idea, expect that it will be copied and sold by other sellers.

Teachers Pay Teachers2016-08-19

"education focused tech startup"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than a year

Pros

TpT is the best place I have ever worked - amazing mission driven company and great senior leadership - small team (<100) where your work makes a difference and you are personally recognized for good work - palpable sense that you are helping teacher community - great tech culture for doing great things and continuously making time to improve and learn

Cons

TpT has its share of growing pains of typical startup - not enough time to get everything done - not enough great people yet

Advice to Management

Employees would love to hear more about future plans for company even if it is not all figured out yet.

Teachers Pay Teachers2016-01-19

"Great Company, My Work Matters"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TpT is an exciting and fun environment filled with dynamic people who are creative, thoughtful, and really smart. There's lots of room to have a real impact on what we're doing and the direction of the company. The best part is we're supporting and empowering teachers -- and by doing this we're truly changing lives. It's fulfilling work you can really get behind. Senior leadership is the best I've ever encountered....

Cons

It's not really a con, but it is fast paced. If that isn't your thing, then this probably isn't the place for you. The day goes by very quickly -- never a dull moment and lots of cool stuff happening.

Advice to Management

You've set a high bar for creating an inclusive, supportive environment and growing a great team. Keep it up!

Teachers Pay Teachers2015-10-23

"No Place Like It"

Current Employee - Product Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers

Pros

Incredible people, incredible leadership, incredible product, incredible culture, incredible work, incredible opportunities.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Teachers Pay Teachers2015-08-18

"Great people doing great work"

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers full-time

Pros

Everyone that works here are all great people. They are smart, friendly and very respectful of each other. Work environment is very easy-going and I enjoy working here a lot. It feels great to work hard for a good cause with amazing coworkers. The company makes an effort to put employees first and I really appreciate that.

Cons

Even if it is still a startup, it has a very corporate feel sometimes. You have to be an extrovert to succeed or standout in this company.

Teachers Pay Teachers2015-08-19

"TpT is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Teachers Pay Teachers

Pros

TpT is full of super smart, thoughtful, humble, and hard-working people. I enjoy coming to work each day and feel fortunate to be able to contribute to a powerful common goal of supporting teachers around the world. There are some great benefits: Relaxed work environment, a culture of sharing and honesty, office fun on holidays, an ideal office location and space, openness to new ideas and initiatives, and different types...

Cons

There are no cons worth noting. Of course pros and cons come with any start-up, so there may be some job specific obstacles, but nothing company-wide worth noting.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a wonderful job and they should keep doing what they're doing. Excited to see what's in store for the future.

Teachers Pay Teachers2015-06-15