Team Double-Click Reviews | Glassdoor

Team Double-Click Reviews

1.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Shady, and just.... odd"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Team Double-Click as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess they're ok if you're a secretary and really hard-up for work. I imagine you could do better elsewhere, though.

Cons

Odd little company founded by a couple of former corporate managers. TDC started in the early 2000s as a job service for freelance writers, but that didn't pan out for anybody. They then got involved in some shady work from home companies.

Eventually, they settled on being an employment service for "virtual" (remote) secretaries. I'm not sure why anyone would want to be a work-from-home secretary, as I think it would make a hard job even more difficult. In addition to that, they also have some sort of franchisee program.

I worked for them very sporadically as a writer, so I can't comment on the remote secretary business. However, I would urge anyone considering any business relationship with them (whether as an affiliate or an employee) to do some research on them first. There's a lot of talk about them from various people, and a lot of it isn't good. Much of it seems to involve their work and training requirements, non-compete agreements, commission structure, and suggests an abusive demeanor toward employees.

I would like to offer the following comments based on my (albeit limited) experience with them:

* at one point, they forced everyone to complete a new job application under threat of not receiving any more work from them. Among other questions, they wanted to know the kind of car I drove. I found this a little odd for a company focused solely on work from home jobs.

*if there is any conflict or miscommunication, they will yell at you and sometimes use abusive language. When it turns out later that the problem wasn't your fault, don't expect an apology.

*they would frequently send newsletters where they would bring up stories about employees and would always make note that the employee was no longer with the company. The goal was clearly to send a message and intimidate.

2. "Tons of Potential, Owners Just Too Greedy"

Former Employee - Virtual Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Virtual Sales Consultant

Pros

You can work from home and it isn't a scam. At the time the money was very good, they have since changed their commission structure.

Cons

The owners got greedy and started treating their contractors, both salespeople and virtual assistants, very poorly. The smaller clients were often given the shaft.

Advice to Management

Look back to how well your company was doing, look at it now. What changed? If you practiced half of what you preach, The Secret and Teamwork... you'd be millionaires by now.