Team Fishel Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Teammates"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team Fishel will be what you make of it. This company recognizes potential and they will do everything in their power to help you develop as a teammate. The opportunities for advancement are incredible. This company is a true team.

Cons

There are no downsides for self motivated people who are unafraid of an incredible challenge. This is hard work and should not be entered into lightly.

Advice to Management

Continue providing high quality training opportunities. Choosing and developing your own talent is a great team building tool. It really shows the company's commitment to promoting from within.

2. "Great 80 year owned family business"

Current Employee - Safety/Gas/Electric in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Safety/Gas/Electric in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family run business, open door policy from the CEO to the newest teammate. Has a profit sharing plan that makes everyone feel like an owner and that how they act and perform impacts them directly along with their fellow teammates. Has many different locations and jobs to cross train through.

Cons

Can be slow advancing with technology at times.

Advice to Management

Hires from within when a teammates shows the skills and the desire to advance. Several of the officers started their careers as a labor and moved up. Has the Jeff Keeler Leadership Academy to help their superiors gain the skills needed to advance

3. "Better management"

Current Employee - Laborer in Rochester, PA
    Current Employee - Laborer in Rochester, PA

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I gathered a great deal of knowledge of natural gas.

Cons

Every worker is too worried about their title and not the work at hand. "Too many chiefs and not enough indians!"

Advice to Management

At our division our management hasn't had real life struggle, the silver spoon was inserted. The struggle isn't there for them! My advice, put yourself in a working man shoes with a family that has one income. As well as making a great deal of empty promises.

5. "A respectful company"

I worked at Team Fishel full-time

Pros

Really good company if there's an other chance I'll o back

Cons

Is a little far from where I live

6. "Great Family Owned Business"

Pros

I came to Team Fishel after completing an enlistment with the Marine Corps. I don't think the transition could have been any smoother. The team environment is great in the area I work in. There are several seasoned teammates that have been here for 30+ years, that shows you the career capabilities of this family owned company. I have learned and continue to learn so much from these teammates. We have great diversity and a great footprint. Team Fishel has always treated their teammates as their number one asset.

Cons

As others have stated, Team Fishel pays a fair wage. However the benefits are better then most.

Advice to Management

Continue honoring our values and recognizing the importance of great teammates.

7. "Manager"

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time

Pros

Everyone at Team Fishel wants to help and see you succeed. For a fairly large company, there seems to be family feel in the air with great values. The only thing stopping you from working your way up to a supervisory level is YOU. Advancement is encouraged and to some degree expected. They offer decent pay and great benefits. It is a great company to earn a living with.

Cons

As with any construction company you may have to travel. Although the pay is decent and competitive, you will not get "rich" working here, but the benefits are better than most.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat your teammates (what employees are called and considered here) as your best asset.

8. "Great company with room for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing up in a family that worked in the Telecom industry, I have seen a lot of good and bad companies. Fishel is by far the best company I have even worked for or seen. It is a large enough company that provides room to grow, but also has a great family atmosphere to make it feel like a small company. They provide wonderful training at all levels, and have a great safety culture.

Cons

It is not the highest paying company in the market but has wonderful benefits. It is not a place to chase another dollar but a place to make a career at. The benefit packages they offer out weigh an extra dollar 10 fold.

9. "Diversity"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time

Pros

I have been in the Telecommunications industry for 17 years, the last 4 years with Team Fishel. They are a leader in the industry. With a great Safety program and empowering Teammates, they have a great core and a bright future. They offer many opportunities to move and expand your knowledge inside and out of Telecommunications. If you are willing to take the next step, they will assist you to get there.

Cons

Team Fishel is a GREAT Company. If you have an open mind and adjust well to always changing markets, you will not have any issues working with anyone at Team Fishel.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower Teammates to speak up with all aspects of the business.

10. "Great Family Owned Business"

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve thoroughly enjoy the fast paced dynamics and values that drive Team Fishel. This organization is dedicated to being the Best Choice not just saying they are the Best Choice. The Fishel Values create a work environment where the quality of the products and services along with maintaining the highest level of safety are not only expected but achievable. After reading reviews, I would recommend going to the company website and watching the Value’s Videos to get a better understanding of what it means to be a Fishel teammate.

Cons

I’ve not experience any major concerns while here at Fishel but feel Fishel could utilize newer technology and software to increase their production, safety and reporting of information. With the right technology and software, data collection and reporting could be simplified, standardized, and upgraded companywide versus area specific or regionally.

Advice to Management

Fishel needs to continue to grow and question the traditional operational processes and safety compliance to find the best solutions and safest teammates. This will continue to allow all levels from a laborer on up management to help make Fishel more attractive, profitable and safe company.

11. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Team Fishel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm given the proper tools and empowerment to complete my job duties. Flexible schedule, self-management, team oriented project plans and professional employees. There is a lot of opportunity to move around the company. Pay is great and as a manager I get to drive a vehicle home which just shows you how much they care. Quarterly profit sharing with teammates after 1 year or more. Medical benefits are great and covers family members. Many offices across the U.S. to choose from as your home.

Cons

IT... Some offices do not have a direct server and are running on a remote server which causes slow internet and delays on computer programs.

Advice to Management

After 80 years Team Fishel is going strong, so keep up the great job. It;s working and it shows.