Team Focus Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Team Focus Insurance Group Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2019

Found 61 reviews

2.8
Team Focus Insurance Group CEO Kevin M. Tromer (no image)
Kevin M. Tromer
Pros
  • "My wealth of experience obtained at Team Focus has allowed me to quickly be a powerful producer at my new company(in 5 reviews)

• "I could not be more proud of all the team members, managers and executives that came together to help our clients navigate the storm(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "There were no cons working for Team Focus(in 5 reviews)

• "When they wise up, and take their business elsewhere, it's game over for "Team Focus"(in 4 reviews)

"A great place to learn about the Insurance industry"

I have been working at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Team Focus is involved in many aspects of the Insurance industry, so it's a good place to expand your knowledge while you work.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Team Focus Insurance Group2018-11-03

"Run Away from this company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all except for they let you use your phone an take breaks

Cons

This company is very petty, bias and unprofessional the Southern Oak side is crazy and ran very unorganized... Run away fast as you can, they will hire you and fire you.. fast turn over rate a gurl who was there before me for 5 days got fired on her 6 day, they don’t know how to train you they just sit you there. the management is very rude and unprofessional... who wants to be in a job where there is no... secureness to the position..

Advice to Management

Get a better system to training individuals

Team Focus Insurance Group2019-09-26

"Dont waste your time here!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing that I have seen

Cons

HR will lie to you about Visa processing but they wont do it. No proper software development practice. You wont learn anything new here. No new technologies.

Advice to Management

Respect everyone equally.

Team Focus Insurance Group2019-04-25
  4. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Msr in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

It depends on who your manager/supervisor it.

Team Focus Insurance Group2019-03-10
  5. "MSR"

I worked at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Good Commissions that you make

Cons

Stressful to keep metrics for your daily work

Team Focus Insurance Group2018-11-13
  6. "Experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Team Focus Insurance Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

An amazing culture and team atmosphere

Cons

I have no cons at this moment in time

Team Focus Insurance Group2018-04-11
  7. "A solid career growth opportunity."

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team Focus has allowed me every opportunity to grow in my career. The management and executives consistently present me with new ways to learn and develop my specialty. My team is professional and have become good friends, and I honestly can say that I enjoy coming in every day. There is also free popcorn every day and a relaxation room which is great for unwinding on lunch breaks.

Cons

There can be a disconnect between departments and communication could get better, but I think it is starting to improve.

Team Focus Insurance Group2018-03-19

"Don't go to work here"

Former Employee - Programmer in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers, good company overall, nice benefit package.

Cons

Need specific insurance knowledge to work in the technical area. Where multiple hats. Vice Presidents and CIO are programming, writing scripts, running reports. Prejudice against you if you don't come from an insurance background. Terrible time-off policy. Limited Holidays. Work around the clock and wear my hats and perform 3 jobs at one time. If someone in Management doesn't like you for whatever reason, they get... rid of you without notice and with a fake reason.

Advice to Management

Please give more time-off to your employees with some holidays like Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day and Veterans Day. Don't expect your team members to all come from Insurance. Take time to cultivate, value and train employees and don't expect people to walk in the door and be experts. Your employees are afraid of losing their jobs, afraid to speak and afraid to leave their seats. There is such a thing as... remote employees. You have no Work/Life balance.

Team Focus Insurance Group2018-03-09
  9. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits were great - bonus the best

Cons

Really do not have

Team Focus Insurance Group2018-01-23

"Proud to List This Company on My Resume"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Team Focus Insurance Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experience I was able to obtain at this company was invaluable. After parting with this company, I was able to quickly get another position at another company extremely easily. My wealth of experience obtained at Team Focus has allowed me to quickly be a powerful producer at my new company. At Team Focus I got real world experience in everything from web development to database tuning to scalable middle tier... services... there were no limits to what I could learn. I am so grateful for the development discipline instilled in each engineer which has become as natural as breathing to me. I see some friends who are in shops where they try to be agile by doing coding on live production systems without quality control measures, and the all nighters they have to do fixing all the downstream errors which result. Not me....the Team Focus shop was a great place to learn best practices for how to develop and deliver quality software products.

Cons

This is not a billion dollar company who has hundreds of millions of customers. That's nice, because it allowed us to know our clients well and create solutions which truly met their needs, but it also meant that as the business landscape changed the company needed to make personnel adjustments which resulted in some good people loosing their jobs. This company has such a vibrant team that there really wasn't any... deadwood, so any cut meant a good person would be loosing their job on this team, but luckily, the amazing experience here allows for an easy transition into another shop.

Advice to Management

This was a great place to work. Thank you for stressing the importance of building a vibrant and healthy community in the workplace and making time in the schedule for those events. Please continue to stress work/life balance.

Team Focus Insurance Group2017-12-28