Team Quality Services Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2021

4.0
Team Quality Services President Chris Straw (no image)
Chris Straw
  1. "Love the company, love the culture!"

Current Employee - Manager in Auburn, IN

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is very family-oriented with a great company culture. They invest in your personal and professional growth. The leadership gives a clear vision with clear expectations. The company values are strong and inspire you to be the best you can be. They have a generous vacation and benefits package.

Cons

The health insurance cost is a little high but it is good coverage. The company culture and other benefits they offer outweigh this con.

2. "Superficial"

1.0
    Former Employee - Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Team Quality Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a job. That’s about it.

Cons

The health insurance is awful and doesn’t cover anything. It’s less expensive to pay out of pocket than to use their insurance—you could easily spend 10K in a year with nothing major. PTO. It blows. Plan on having to use your time for everything because they aren’t flexible at all. Most people are in the negative. Some people get 5 days for the year, some people get 10. Even if you’re salaried, they watch your time and will tattle on you. A good portion of these reviews are fake—you can tell because they all basically say the same thing. Lots of gossip, lots of spying. It’s as though it’s a company that wants to live in high school. On the surface, everyone looks like their having a good time, but talk to anyone for a minute and you’ll find out they all hate each other. Basically, assume you’re being watched every minute you’re there. If you work there, you’ll like it for about a month or two, and then you’ll quickly start looking for something else.

Continue reading

"Out of touch with employees"

Former Employee - Field Quality Representative

I worked at Team Quality Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. Decent pay

Cons

They do not support their employees. Their “training” consists of a bunch of online course modules and that’s it. There’s no on-the-job training which leaves you in a sink or swim position and you feel set up to fail. There is no real leadership. The cost of insurance is way too high. It would cost half of a month’s salary to pay for it which doesn’t leave much to live on.

Continue reading
  4. "Fast growing company- tons of opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time

Pros

Company culture, opportunity for advancement, family environment, competitive compensation, fast-paced

Cons

Health insurance is expensive, growing pains

5. "Team Quality Services provides a fast paced, employee friendly work environment"

Current Employee - General Manager in Auburn, IN

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Family-oriented environment Flexible work schedules Generous vacation time Opportunities for personal and professional growth Diverse culture Open office Team building activities Great co-workers

Cons

Medical insurance costs are high

6. "Team-Based & Fast-Paced"

Current Employee - General Manager in Auburn, IN

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work environment is fast-paced, but collaborative and team-based. Upper management encourages and takes ideas from all levels of the organization, and they are constantly pushing employees to be the best they can. There are lots of opportunities for professional development and leadership training, which enhances the team environment even more. The hardest part about working at TQS probably the importance of accountability - everyone has a clear role, and if you aren't carrying your weight, its evident. But that's not a problem if you do what you're supposed to and work with your team.

Cons

As with most smaller companies, the health insurance in the US is a little expensive, but the awesome culture and innovative vision outweigh that cost for me.

"All gimmick, low benefit"

2.0
    Current Employee - Project Supervisor in Garrett, IN

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with are really cool (most of them) as well as some of the office people. The concept of what this company does is also great: quality of customer parts (mainly automotive) before they get onto vehicles and end up hurting someone.

Cons

Oh where to begin. The owner says he cares about his employees but he doesn’t. Low pay. Complains that too much paper was being used on projects. The company vehicles? They ONLY get serviced if something breaks and requires fixed to get it running again. One vehicle smells SO bad on the inside it overpowers any air freshener we put in there. All notes and emails go unanswered. If you get sick and have a doctors note barring you from work? Still getting pointed for all of it and you get 4 points a year. Claims you will work one weekend a month but a select few worked every weekend all summer and fall. Others never had to work and if you asked for a weekend off, it was the end of the world to them. The people that TQS hires to come work for them is day labor. So from each day to the next, you never know who you’re going to get. With the pay, they have your base pay and “incentive” pay. The incentive pay you get as well IF none of the parts that are checked on your shift come back bad. With day labor and literally almost all of them not caring about what they are doing, you’re very liable to get screwed.

Team Quality Services Response

January 23, 2018General Manager

As a team, we are saddened to hear one of our team members has this perspective. We have some recent and upcoming changes to our pay and attendance policy that we have implemented based upon other employee feedback, and we are hopeful that these changes will address several of this employee’s concerns. Additionally, TQS takes great measures to ensure we listen and act upon employee feedback. The company provides a “Suggestion Box” feature to all employees, in which each and every submission is reviewed by our CEO and executive team. The intent of this, and other employee feedback avenues, is to ensure feedback is heard from all levels of the organization. We are disappointed that this employee did not utilize his/her available avenues, so that we could make improvements based on his/her thoughts. If the points the employee addressed are in fact valid and were in fact disregarded by his/her supervisor, we would’ve welcomed the opportunity to act on this feedback, while maintaining the anonymity of the employee(s). TQS will investigate the claims expressed within this review, and also ensure that our managers are being responsive to their team members’ feedback and improvement ideas. We will also reinforce to our team the availability of the “Suggestion Box” in which employees can bring this sort of feedback to top managers, in the event that they feel their managers are not taking their concerns seriously. At TQS there is nothing we value more than our TEAM, which is why its part of our company name.

8. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Auburn, IN

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team Quality Services is an excellent company to work for. They value their employees and treat them like family. They invest in their people and encourage ongoing personal and professional growth.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Continue reading
  9. "Great company that is growing"

I have been working at Team Quality Services full-time

Pros

innovative, forward thinking, relaxed, friendly, growing, upbeat

Cons

small office, too personal, cannot work from home, open floor plan, long drive

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Supervisor

I worked at Team Quality Services full-time

Pros

Decent pay Benefits Good management and support.

Cons

Hours can vary. Nights may be required

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.