Team Velocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Team Velocity Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

4.0
Team Velocity CEO C. David Boice (no image)
C. David Boice
Pros
  • "Innovative, fast paced work environment, great employees, approachable and accessible leadership(in 11 reviews)

• "Professional, Driven, inspiring, just all around great company(in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Place"

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the work culture here is fantastic!!

Cons

The pay is significantly lower compared to what other companies would pay for the same position.

Team Velocity2019-10-16
  2. "Innovative and Growing"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People and the products are superb.

Cons

if you are not into hard work, not a great place to survive.

Advice to Management

Keep on innovating and pursuing you vision.

Team Velocity2019-09-26
  3. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive culture, work/life balance, great coworkers, ability for growth within company, supportive management, very fair compensation plans/benefits.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Team Velocity2019-09-20
  4. "Interviewing/onboarding process"

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Director

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

High energy, positivity, team support, success-minded

Cons

No cons to note or consider

Team Velocity2019-09-04

"Feels like family, but there are some improvements to be made."

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After nearly 6 long years, I can finally post my review. As you can probably tell by some of the reviews, it hasn't always been a ray of sunshine at Team Velocity. There's a real ebb and flow to this office. I've seen many faces come and go, at times it's been a struggle to keep going. But something just keeps pulling me back in. You will read some very negative reviews, and they're not all wrong necessarily. There... are some who go mistreated and disrespected. That's true.. unfortunately. But at the end of the day, if you can look past some flaws that merely come as a result of a company growing too fast.. this company truly has a family essence at its core. Piggy backing off that last comment, I think upper management is finally coming around and seeing the mess that's been left behind in some areas of the company. I know, this isn't exactly 'Pro' worthy feedback so far. Here's the Pro's. Managed PTO - Some will say this is merely a way of upper management making employees think twice about taking time off. The reality is, pull your fair share of the load, and most of the management won't blink an eye at you taking time off. Beer Friday's - I feel this is a pretty unique amenity that most companies don't have. It's a tradition that was started by one of the company founders years ago and it continues to this day. If you like to party once in a while (once monthly) after a hard week's work, this place may just be for you! There was once a Stranger Things themed Beer Friday around Halloween. Remote work - I can't speak for everyone at the office but generally remote work is considered pretty normal. Snacks and Coffee - The snacks vary and the coffee's not half bad, but regardless.. it's all free and provided daily. For the health nuts, there's always fruit in the fridge. Mostly Apples and Oranges. Kitchen/Decor - We have a huge cafe and kitchen area and long with the rest of the office, it's very modern and 'restoration hardware-ish'. CEO - I know some reading this are thinking "no way this guy is listing the CEO as a positive". Hear me out.. I haven't always agreed with the decisions our CEO has made, but if there's one thing he's proved to me over the last 6 years, it's that he truly gives a damn about his company. He's very very passionate about his company. Which leads me to my next Positive.. Company Parties - Does your current employer throw office parties throughout the year? Great... that's cute. Throw what you know about company parties out the window. I promise you, they don't hold a flame to what we do. We have an annual Bowling Party that'll blow your mind, with an open bar and costumes for all teams. We have an annual Launch Party in January that is always insane. This is where the CEO shines, he's a party animal! We also do a company BBQ Picnic.. well, okay we've done it in the past. But it's believed to be coming back. And then obviously the Beer Friday's count as company parties.

Cons

Some employees 'are' definitely a little underpaid. I think there are some ego's involved with upper management that gets in the way of making seemingly logical decisions. As of right now, do NOT.. I repeat.. DO NOT, apply for a position in Full Service. It's an absolute circus right now being ran by a clown, and upper management is tending to do it. Level 5, Tier 10, Social Dealer, and the Launch Team are... all great places to apply for a job. But right now, the company has a mess on their hands in that particular department that will only lead to more negative reviews at the moment. If you're reading this right now and have already seen a positive review regarding Full Service above, then ignore this. The whole "playing favorites" comments you might read, it's partially true. It really depends on the department and who's involved. But you're going to get "favoritism" almost anywhere you go.

Advice to Management

Keep plugging away at improving the culture and continue to listen to employees. I've said this for years, this really can be a great place to work and grow long term.. there's just some growing pains and hurdles to jump through first. Keep ego's out of the decision making. Don't forget to invest in employees. Happy employees making a great company to work for.

Team Velocity2019-08-02
  6. "Awesome place to work !!!"

Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at Team Velocity is by far the greatest asset. You can tell that they truly care about the happiness of their employees. It's a really relaxed and calm environment. I learn a lot from this company.Flexible with vacation.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Team Velocity2019-08-08
  7. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interview process went smoothly and fast. Relaxing and diverse work environment. Opportunities for grwoth.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Team Velocity2019-08-05
  8. "Innovative, Leading Edge Technology and Marketing Company"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Invests in Product and People to be the best in the industries it serves.

Cons

Fast paced and demands commitment to serving clients

Advice to Management

Structure and communicate career growth opportunities as company grows

Team Velocity2019-06-07
  9. "Great Enviorinment"

Current Employee - Accountant in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive environment, fast paced, and makes you want to be successful

Cons

Not really any I cant think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing?

Team Velocity2019-06-06

"Run As Fast As Your Legs Will Carry You"

Current Employee - Marketing in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Team Velocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing, and a whole lot more of nothing. There are a couple of nice people that work there but they do drink the coolaide

Cons

A complete bunch of liars, promise you the world then treat you like crap, they have these monthly Town Hall meetings that are supposed to pump you up and for 1 hour or so they do but then goes right back to the same crap. They have the worst pay in the industry

Advice to Management

Blow up the entire operation and start again, learn how to treat and respect your staff. Train them

Team Velocity2019-06-28