KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Team17 Digital Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2022

Found 66 of over 77 reviews

3.3
Team17 Digital CEO Michael Pattison (no image)
Michael Pattison
0 Rating

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "also seems to be some great people joining us, it's nice to see some new colleagues in the studio make a positive impact!(in 11 reviews)
  • "The developers are some of the best and talented people you'll ever meet(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Excellent workplace

Apr 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people, work, and, balance

Cons

Nothing really at this point

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Worst Place in the world to work.

Mar 25, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Low Pay. Management who treat staff like crap. Don't even make decent games anymore.

8 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great work environment!

Sep 6, 2022 - QA Analyst in Wakefield, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is kind and considerate. Working here is really fun. The holidays gifts are truly lovely. They were the first company to give me a chance in getting into the Gaming Industry and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

4. 1.0

Do not work for them

Sep 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good devs at the company

Cons

Low pay No one listens I can't pay my electric bills on this wage

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 24, 2022 - Analyst in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team atmosphere and flexible working environment

Cons

There were no showers or bike shed at the office

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

"Growing Pains and a good helping of hope for the future "

Apr 7, 2022 - QA Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

A strong company culture and commitment to values that the staff do appear to respect and reinforce. Also, the company seems committed to nurturing talent with ongoing mentoring sessions and a half-day earned every month to spend on Personal Development - such as online training, self-directed learning, or perhaps shadowing someone in a department or role you'd like to explore.. which feels like a real privilege to have! Perhaps owing somewhat to the recent set of unflattering articles and press coverage our long-awaited pay came through and was a very substantial uplift: From roughly 16k to 21k! (This might not be the best in the industry, but don't be fooled by thegamer.com's article; they're naively quoting non-games (software) QA salaries, who have always earned more than games QA)

Cons

Until recently, QA's pay was famously low and there was no consideration to whether your office's area has higher cost of living than your counterparts elsewhere (the latter point remains to be addressed however). Still presently feels like we take on too many games, and too many of them (not tons, just too many) feel like bandwagon copycats. But given that this has been raised and featured in articles just like the QA pay scandal, I am hopeful that this is going to improve just as that has - the company surely, and at least Mike Pattinson seem to know they stand to gain from a little more quality over quantity.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I see positive change on a near daily basis

Apr 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People genuinely live and breathe the industry the passion is infectious Management are encouraging networks/grass roots movements The CEO recently shared the overarching mission and vision that has a future focus and will propel the company forward Hybrid/Remote options Salary in line with market rate Great benefit package

Cons

Like much of the games industry more can (and I believe will) be done to create more diversity and inclusivity across the board

8. 5.0

Great People, Great Environment, Great Job

Mar 1, 2022 - IT Engineer in Salford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a gamer and a techy, this is honestly a great place to work. Free games, a great team, a fun working environment surrounded by consoles, what's not to love? Rarely do you see companies invest so heavily in tech, but we have the best, shiniest and newest on the market. As a female in IT, I feel valued, safe and happy in my job. I never wake up in the morning and dread work, but rather the opposite. The people are lovely, my co-workers are great, and overall I am having a really great time!

Cons

None to think of as of yet.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, culture and benefits

Feb 7, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great bunch of people, work can often feel like you are spending time with your mates. There are lots of reviews below mentioning the reward package. However, Team17 offer the best benefits package I’ve personally ever received. Private healthcare, dental, wellbeing programmes, gym membership, share scheme, bonus scheme, enhanced annual leave, extra treats on regular basis + more. Not bad if you ask me!

Cons

As with all Companies in the past year there has been a number of leavers which has meant Team17 has lost some good talent. However this has also created space for some exceptional new staff to come in which hopefully continues to move the Company in the right direction.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Incredibly toxic. Zero care or consideration for staff.

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with talented devs

Cons

- Awful pay. Staff have been fighting for fair pay for years and have even provided testimonials on how the low pay is affecting them. There are staff that can't afford to heat their homes, have 3 meals a day or replace clothes that have holes in them. All while the CEO makes millions every year. - Too many projects. Staff are burnt out and overworked. Many staff have taken stress leave due to unmanageable amounts of pressure and work. A huge amount of staff have left. But that's fine according to the latest 5 star review because it makes room for more people to join! - You'll only get promotions if you're friends with the right people. - Unless you're in a management position, you'll be treated like trash. Especially if you're QA or in a Junior position. -Endless surveys and listening groups but with no results at all. - The NFT disaster shows how little the company cares for its staff. Staff had been kept in the dark until just before the announcement and then told they will get in trouble of they speak out about it and embarrass Team17 on social media. They were then left in radio silence from the company for over 24 hours with some staff feeling very stressed and worried because of the huge backlash.

20 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews

Team17 Digital Reviews FAQs

Team17 Digital has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 77 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Team17 Digital to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Team17 Digital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Team17 Digital. This rating has improved by 19% over the last 12 months.

63% of Team17 Digital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Team17 Digital 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Team17 Digital to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.