TeamBonding Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2020

4.1
TeamBonding COO - Creator of Opportunities David Goldstein (no image)
David Goldstein
  1. 5.0

Best Team!!

Aug 29, 2020 - Event Management Intern in Stoughton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- AMAZING team! Everyone I met/worked with was so helpful, inclusive, patient, and you could tell they really wanted to welcome you to the team. Special shout-out to Genna, Jayne, and Shannon! - Owners are incredibly kind as well. It's not often that you have the opportunity to work alongside/feel comfortable talking to the owner of an organization, but David and Wendy were so kind and make you feel so comfortable. They also hosted a company lunch while I was there, and a second in-person meeting, complete with an ice cream truck! (Both were socially distanced due to COVID). These were two great ways to get to know members of the team while most of us worked remotely. - As for the job itself: the workload is super manageable, and they really only have you do the amount of work you are comfortable with. Before assigning a task, they always preface it with "if you want to" or "if you are okay with ______". What you put in is what you get out! - Exposure to high-profile clients. It was amazing to work with companies like Apple, Salesforce, Deloitte, LinkedIn, and many more. - Independence! There were a few times where some of my supervisors gave me full reign over a task/situation, and it was great hands on experience. I learned a ton about customer service, communication, organization in a very fast-paced environment, and much more. - The company itself is incredible; they had to completely pivot due to the effects of COVID-19, and they were incredibly successful in doing so, achieving record breaking numbers for events done in one month! They are definitely on the upward spiral. They were even just awarded a spot on Inc.'s list of Top 5000 Fasting Growing Companies!

Cons

- Tasks can be redundant and monotonous sometimes (i.e: tracking packages we sent out, doing one similar task for most events, etc), but they do try to vary your work so this isn't a huge issue by any means. - This internship is unpaid, but they do offer course credit for college if your college allows for it (mine did not, but most schools do!)

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do not believe any of the "positive" - Awful experience that taught me there are bigger and better things out there.

Sep 12, 2019 - Events Department
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commute if you live in one of the suburbs.

Cons

- No health care benefits (if you are single and can't be on your spouses insurance plan you are screwed). - Very limited vacation and PTO policy. Very strict, not flexible at all. - No flexible work schedule. - No work from home option for full time employees, expected to come in even in harsh weather conditions (this is an absolute joke, it's 2019 and anyone can work from anywhere with their laptop - trust your employees!!). - Bereavement can only be used for immediate family (never worked for a company where you have to state who passed away, and if it's a cousin, aunt, in-law or friend you don't get the "benefit" of bereavement - is this real life?). - 8 weeks UNPAID maternity leave - frequent employee turnover (based on the above not surprising). - crowded and often unclean/messy office. - located in an industrial park. - family owned and operated, therefore there'll always be a bias and a very micro-managing environment.

6 people found this review helpful

TeamBonding Response

C.O.O

Thanks for the feedback and advice. We could respond point by point but this site and this post are not in the best interests of job seekers and are not the right forum for staff and management to debate. As such, the other positive reviews are not to be easily dismissed as you suggest but for the job seeker to judge on their own. 30 years, Five Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company awards (Inc. Hall of Fame), thousands of happy clients and former employees. Currently 18 happy staff members and counting - we must be doing something right.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Such a great place to work!

Aug 25, 2019 - Corporate Events in Stoughton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team atmosphere and never a dull moment! This company practices what they preach and there are lots of opportunities to bond as a team and learn new things.

Cons

It can be a little hectic at times, but what event planning job isn’t?

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Enjoyed My Time Here!

Feb 8, 2019 - Marketing Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The employees have a close-knit team dynamic. - The work is always evolving which lends itself to an exciting and fast-paced office setting. - Management plans fun team activities both during office hours and after. - Sometimes we got to try out new TeamBonding activities. - The workload is challenging yet manageable.

Cons

- Communication between teams is sometimes challenging but easily remedied with slack and other tools.

5. 5.0

Event Management Intern

Sep 20, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people on the team; Variety of events national wide; Founders are super accessible; Free Friday food are fun times.

Cons

Too good, too hard to leave??

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It takes a great team to build great teams

Apr 4, 2013 - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work that we do is rewarding, challenging and worthwhile. On any given day we are helping clients build and donate bikes to children who have never owned one, sending military care kits to our soldiers overseas and creating a scavenger hunt for 1,500 people inside a hotel. Every day is different and the people here are the best.

Cons

Clients sometimes don't listen to our advice as the experts in the field. Since we do over 700 events per year, across the country we really know how best to set them up, estimate timing and team size and sometimes it would be nice if clients trusted us a little more.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Intern

Summer Intern 2018

Aug 27, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a fantastic time interning with the Accounting Department. I gained a lot of hands-on experience that has influenced my career track. Great team to be a part of!

Cons

No negatives- great experience overall!

TeamBonding Response

C.O.O

Thank you very much. The accounting team loved having you here this summer and you truly earned the nickname, 'Angel'. Best of luck back at school!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

TeamBonding is a great team!

Jun 19, 2013 - Corporate Events Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking for a fast paced, creative, close-knit team working environment, than TeamBonding is where you want to be! While we are pedal to the metal during work hours, we have lots of fun during the day.

Cons

Facilitators forget that we have office hours and love to call on weekends and on the days that they don't have programs

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

TeamBonding Review

Feb 6, 2017 - Intern in North Easton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent staff, upbeat personalities, great events each time

Cons

I have no cons for TeamBonding

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great group of hard-working people.

Jun 19, 2013 - Corporate Events Manager in Stoughton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Casual dress code, free gym membership, free food every Friday from May-September, employees are team players, no micromanagement, get to work with a diverse group of clients many of which are large Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

Office is small, located a fair distance from the city, clients can sometimes have trouble trusting us to be the experts and can hinder the planning process.

2 people found this review helpful