TeamHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TeamHealth President and CEO Leif Murphy
Leif Murphy

Pros
Cons
  • At this current time I have no cons of working for this company, they are an amazing company to work for (in 12 reviews)

• For someone who does not perform well in a fast paced, high stress environment and would prefer free time at work then this would not be a good fit (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"TeamHealth"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

The atmosphere at the office is so welcoming, when I was new my entire department made sure I knew how to do everything and guided me until I understood the work

Cons

Advice to Management

The only advice I would have for management would be to restructure the training period to allow the trainee to get more affiliated with their department

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and all you do here at TeamHealth!

2. "Practice Coordinator"

Current Employee - Practice Coordinator
    Current Employee - Practice Coordinator

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my position and everyone has been welcoming.

Cons

I think their training could be a tweaked some.

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Good to hear. Thank you for your feedback. We are definitely working on enhancing our training and onboarding processes. Thanks for your work!

3. "Transition Care Liason"

Current Employee - Transition Care Liaison in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Transition Care Liaison in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great communication from Leadership
    Everyone I have encountered is professionally motivated
    Job duties are clearly defined
    Leadership assists with work and healthy life balance

Cons

None that I can see at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are currently doing as I think you are doing a great job caring for your employees.

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Excellent! Thanks for sharing your review.

5. "Desirable company to work for"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Maitland, FL

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very professional work environment, high quality work expectations which motivates employees to strive for excellence. Competitive salary and great benefits.

Cons

Have not seen any so far

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your work and sharing this info.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at TeamHealth part-time

Pros

Fun co-workers, flexible scheduling

Cons

None that are notable or significant

Thanks for your review!

7. "Anesthesia AR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, TN

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex time, not micromanaged, chance to address problems found with management and they listen and act on it, no work station sharing, onsite gym, great breakroom, everyone is willing to help and answer questions from the supervisors down to co-workers. Being cross trained in order to handle different claims problems from difference insurances and different states all at the same time keeps it from being repetitive and makes it interesting and constantly learning new things

Cons

Working accounts not specifically assigned to you can create problems correcting problems- like you work on a claim and someone follows behind without reading and disregarding all notes on the accounts and undo all of the previous work you have done on it, sometimes complicating matters more than needed! And people in an attempt to meet production do not take the time to actually read and correctly work an account and will just rebill the claim out instead of fixing it, leading it to go back into a worked status and putting it onhold so that by the time it generates back to be worked it has become a timely filing issue and is $$ lost. The time it has to take in order to get a known insurance billing issue and what is required to get it shared as an updated procedure takes a long time- and then have to hope that people pay attention to the new notices that go out.

Advice to Management

Save time and money but proving website access to employees when they start. Instead of having to take the time to realize you need website access, sending in the request, waiting for that to be sent to the person to get approval, then wait for it all to come back down again. We know the set websites we all need to view, so a standard access for each person to be set up when hired would speed up the timeline. Find a way to speed up the process to approve and distribute details when an insurance changes their requirements in order to get claims paid. If they give reps details of how to solve a problem holding multiple claims from payment and that is shared to management the process for that to be approved to share with the team can take too long to get approved into policy and leads to delays or incorrect filing happening in that time. Continue having everyone cross trained on all carriers and states instead of specializing into groups only. Allow PTO to roll over year to year instead of into long term sick. Look into a coding situation that is a carrier tells what is wrong with a claim and if a modifiers needs to be removed in order for them to make the payments then it should be less hassle to remove it. Such as a carrier list every modifier they DO except and have denied the claims that have the one modifier not on their list, but coding will not change or remove the modifier because the handbook does not specifically state "we do not accept..." even when confirmed by phone that they do not accept it and without it they would instantly issue payment, then requesting removal by coding in order to get payment should not be such a problem. It would save the company money in both the time it takes to work the claim and make the request and wait to be told no as well as getting paid for the claim instead of writing it off completely.

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing so many great thoughts and suggestions. We appreciate this and will share your input with our management team.

8. "Couldn't ask for more .."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is opportunity to grow and learn new things within the company. Great and affordable benefits, PTO and Vacation time, Flex Time, 401 K & stock, etc.

Cons

There isn't any at the moment.

Advice to Management

None.

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Good to hear! Thank you for your work and sharing this review of our company.

9. "Strong Company With Positive A Outlook"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits, strong support staff, and opportunities for advancement. Leadership embraces women in higher level positions which is wonderful to see.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative

Advice to Management

Communication between departments needs to be improved on. There should be one central database for all departments to share employee/provider information. Can be frustrating communicating the same information to multiple times to different departments.

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Great feedback. Thank you!

10. "TeamHealth Review"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

I have been very impressed with the individuals I have encountered here at TeamHealth. Everyone is extremely helpful and generally prepared. My immediate supervisor is wonderful and very supportive!! She is all about providing us with the tools we need to complete our jobs.

Cons

While everyone is very helpful, I was missing some vital parts of my onboarding process. It seems there could have been a more streamlined process.

Advice to Management

Have a streamlined process for the position for which you are hiring. Be sure all aspects of the job are being addressed and all the necessary parts are available and the training has been completed.

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Great insights! Thank you for sharing and all you do here at TeamHealth!

"Workplace"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

Benefits, incentive programs, PTO, competitive salary

Cons

Poor management team, poor training

Advice to Management

Be more tentive to your employees

Feb 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are pouring a lot of resources and effort into improving our training and leadership offerings for employees. We hope your TeamHealth experience improves. We appreciate ... More