TeamHealth "teamhealth" Reviews | Glassdoor

TeamHealth Employee Reviews about "teamhealth"

Updated Dec 1, 2019

3.5
TeamHealth CEO Leif Murphy
Leif Murphy
Pros
  • "I've worked at many other companies in different industries and no company cares about their employees like TeamHealth does(in 68 reviews)

• "Innovative good work life balance(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "I would proceed with caution related to working for who TeamHealth Houston has become(in 36 reviews)

• "there are no cons that I know of(in 21 reviews)

Reviews about "teamhealth"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Augusta, GA

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of resources for employees

Cons

Most communication is done through the TEAMHealth App.

TeamHealth2019-12-01

"Caring Company"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked at many other companies in different industries and no company cares about their employees like TeamHealth does. Everyone is so nice and I feel appreciated. I love everything about this company.

Cons

No cons at all.

TeamHealth2019-08-16
  3. "Supportive culture, responsive leaders"

Current Employee - Director In Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dedicated people, with a very strong culture of support and congeniality. Most C-Suite members have a good sense of destination, and are responsive when contacted. TeamHealth is purpose focused and does not abide "jerks", as will so many entities.

Cons

Inconsistent compensation experience, vacillating between solid and cost-related raises, to no merit raises a couple of years. Not a company to seek financial rewards per say, could be different in the upper tiers of management. The culture is a strong point. Benefits offered represent a good core set and are improving; but, still feels like a traditional versus innovative set of benefits.

Advice to Management

While sincerely and solidly committed to advancing women into the upper echelons of management; results speak with more grace and volume than anything else.

TeamHealth2019-08-07

"Steady decline since around 2015"

Current Employee - ER NP in Houston, TX

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance is good, decent hour requirements.

Cons

Great changes since around 2015 never in the midlevel providers favor. As an APC you are replaceable. Any form of feedback is considered a threat if it doesn’t go with current company ideas. APC's lost nearly 64k in 1 year to do the same job. We were all told it was "not to decrease your pay but to simply the process and make the pay system universal." 1 year later the update was, "actually sorry we just couldn’t... afford you all anymore." Fake transparency. Be expected to be forced to sign new contract 2-4 times every year, all seeming to be taking away pay, benefits or stability for the apc. Still awaiting backpay from prior contract promises. I would proceed with caution related to working for who TeamHealth Houston has become.

Advice to Management

Rebuild the connection with APC's, the intermediate video conferences and apc newsletters seem to rather be a form of appeasement and not truly changing anything.

TeamHealth2019-03-20
  5. "Medical Coordinator"

I worked at TeamHealth part-time

Pros

I loved my job with Teamhealth, but unfortunately the contract was not renewed at my "home hospital" and resulted in the loss of my job.

Cons

No benefits or PTO for part- time employees.

TeamHealth2019-01-16
  6. "Financial Analyst"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Leadership. Values and appreciates employees timely :)

Cons

none at all . I really look forward to becoming a part of the TeamHealth family.

Advice to Management

none

TeamHealth2018-12-19

"Recruitment Research Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

-TEAMHealth has a really great work-life family balance -The management and atmosphere I work in is very professional and rewarding -They care about you as a person and offer advancement and career growth for those who work hard and produce results -Love coming in to work every day and being challenged with new projects and expansion

Cons

Only complaint is that for a company as large as ours, I would expect much more competitive insurance premium costs for employees

TeamHealth2018-09-27

"CHAOTIC, HORRIBLE ORGANIZATION AND NO PROFESSIONALISM ALCOA BILLING CENTER DENIALS RESOLUTION"

Current Employee - Denials Resolution Representative in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

None to think of, gossipy environment, and no training, at all, for new hires doing Medicaid for out of state. And if you dare forget your badge, they will leave you outside in the cold--literally. Employees have rough and argumentative dispositions towards each other which makes it very hard on new employees

Cons

Management is weak, the Team Lead will smile at your face while stabbing you in the back, others run to manager and tattle on you for breathing wrong, and those you sit with to learn - don't follow the claim policies correctly. Management will bold face lie to you, and then it all comes down on you...it rolls down hill. The HR girls hide in their offices and do absolutely nothing, nor do they have any idea what's... going on outside their offices. There is no accountability for the correctness of claims, departments do not work together and management looks the other way while blaming you. And if you are new, you either sink or swim! There is no training. It’s like pulling teeth to get any help from the lead, and you are strictly forbidden from asking anyone else for help. This is a horribly toxic environment for a medical professional. If you are a graduate right out of school it might be a chance to gain some experience before you get a real job. But, if you are an experienced medical professional then don’t waste your time. This is the worst work experience I have ever had and I’m in my 50’s! I have been a medical practice manager for many years, and, I’ve worked in ER. Teamhealth is a mess, a medical claims nightmare. Years back they laid off about 1/2 the company due to loosing many accounts, and it's only a matter of time before they are sued for the way they mis-handle new employees. Fortunately for me, I documented everything. If you are ethical at what you do, and if you value your work—you will be miserable here. Their employee turnover is outrageous. TeamHealth is very behind in their appeals and denials resolution; and, they were so desperate to get me working that I was on the floor processing claims before I ever did any compliance or HIPPA certification. I was there over a month before they got around to HIPPA and compliance and that was only because I asked about it and reminded them it needed to be done (which made them angry). In short, they just don’t care-- about the patients, about the Dr’s, about their business accounts, or their jobs, and they definitely don't care about you (the employee doing all the work). An inept, sad, apathetic environment to work in.

Advice to Management

You breed mediocrity, deficiency, gossip, dishonesty, the potential to be sued, and unethical intentions. You have no integrity whatsoever. Start addressing issues and stop turning your head the other way. HR, step out of your cozy warm offices-there is a whole other world out there that you need to know about.

TeamHealth2018-10-23

"Not PA friendly"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

The money is OK. Their website is user friendly.

Cons

Teamhealth treats PA's like fast food workers.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to put a PA in a real management position so they might have a clue.

TeamHealth2018-05-22

"Everything is not as "Perfect" as they make it seem…"

Former Employee - Operations in Tamarac, FL

I worked at TeamHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting and working with great both Clinical and Non-Clinical team members.

Cons

Lack of quality leadership or wrong leaders in critical roles Systems/Tools are antiquated or non-existent Poor or Non-existent communication Non-Clinical Employees are treated like disposable trash Interviewing and recruiting practices are inconsistent and excessive Length to hire and on-board is extremely lengthy and frustrating No formal training or processes for improving performance in... place Compensation and benefits are below or marginal compared to market and competitors Employee Morale is extremely low and turnover is very high Inconsistent business practices with little to no ROI with many of the decision making from Leaders Business Development has little to no understanding regarding the practices or impact of the promises made at the table which negatively impacts everyone attempting to meet unfair or unrealistic timelines. Continues to run business as it did 20 years ago and have failed to innovate and change with the times and healthcare demands Too many meetings, calls and required last minute travel demands that make planning or scheduling impossible or cost effective – at times 8 employees would be deployed to meet and greet 4 overkill and makes zero business sense. Teamhealth over promises and under delivers in just about everything Inconsiderate of peoples time and NO work-life balance Lack of operational practices and policies

Advice to Management

Instead of sending out Glassdoor requests to new employees asking for positive reviews, just do the right thing from the start. Treat all colleagues fairly, compensation should match the experience and position regardless, if you are the president’s son or an average employee. Leaders/Managers need to continually be trained and developed; act quickly to remove poor leaders quickly. Invest in systems and tools and... eliminate paper and human error as much as possible. Focus on how to attract and retain top talent in all areas of the business. Listen to your employees and invest in innovation and technology and be willing to change with the times. Stop the insanity in regards to how Business Development operates. Make solid business decisions and stop allowing areas to throw away money on areas that don’t matter or have little to no ROI. Stop talking about doing things, if 3 years have gone by and it’s still being talked about and not implemented – you’re a failure. TeamHealth could be a great company, but they have to be willing to change and so far it’s a bunch of non-diverse like-minded folks doing the same thing over and over again in small minded Knoxville TN.

TeamHealth2018-06-04