TeamHealth "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

TeamHealth Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 2, 2019

3.5
TeamHealth President and CEO Leif Murphy
Leif Murphy
Pros
  • "I've worked at many other companies in different industries and no company cares about their employees like TeamHealth does(in 68 reviews)

• "Innovative good work life balance(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "I would proceed with caution related to working for who TeamHealth Houston has become(in 36 reviews)

• "there are no cons that I know of(in 21 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at TeamHealth

Pros

work life balance/ great learning opportunities

Cons

sometimes could be a little stressful

TeamHealth2019-10-03
  2. "Great company with a good family culture"

Current Employee - IT Director in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Good work life balance. Work events that make employees feel valued. Great culture and values.

Cons

A very positive experience so far.

TeamHealth2019-04-26

"Not bad.. but not the best"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Tamarac, FL

I worked at TeamHealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Room for growth No Micromanagement

Cons

Management doe snot hear the employees on the front lines. Work/Life Balance

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees who are working on the front lines more.

TeamHealth2019-05-01

"Steady decline since around 2015"

Current Employee - ER NP in Houston, TX

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance is good, decent hour requirements.

Cons

Great changes since around 2015 never in the midlevel providers favor. As an APC you are replaceable. Any form of feedback is considered a threat if it doesn’t go with current company ideas. APC's lost nearly 64k in 1 year to do the same job. We were all told it was "not to decrease your pay but to simply the process and make the pay system universal." 1 year later the update was, "actually sorry we just couldn’t... afford you all anymore." Fake transparency. Be expected to be forced to sign new contract 2-4 times every year, all seeming to be taking away pay, benefits or stability for the apc. Still awaiting backpay from prior contract promises. I would proceed with caution related to working for who TeamHealth Houston has become.

Advice to Management

Rebuild the connection with APC's, the intermediate video conferences and apc newsletters seem to rather be a form of appeasement and not truly changing anything.

TeamHealth2019-03-20

"Ok"

I worked at TeamHealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good. Some Supervisors respect the work life balance, others dont.

Cons

Depends on Supervisor. Do your research

TeamHealth2019-03-12

"Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay & Work life balance

Cons

nothing that come to mind

TeamHealth2019-02-02

"its ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

bagels or donuts on every tuesday, unlimited coffee/tea/hot chocolate, snacks or candy, work life balance, flexible start times

Cons

low employee morale, place is dead, needs more livliness

TeamHealth2018-11-26

"Everything is not as "Perfect" as they make it seem…"

Former Employee - Operations in Tamarac, FL

I worked at TeamHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting and working with great both Clinical and Non-Clinical team members.

Cons

Lack of quality leadership or wrong leaders in critical roles Systems/Tools are antiquated or non-existent Poor or Non-existent communication Non-Clinical Employees are treated like disposable trash Interviewing and recruiting practices are inconsistent and excessive Length to hire and on-board is extremely lengthy and frustrating No formal training or processes for improving performance in... place Compensation and benefits are below or marginal compared to market and competitors Employee Morale is extremely low and turnover is very high Inconsistent business practices with little to no ROI with many of the decision making from Leaders Business Development has little to no understanding regarding the practices or impact of the promises made at the table which negatively impacts everyone attempting to meet unfair or unrealistic timelines. Continues to run business as it did 20 years ago and have failed to innovate and change with the times and healthcare demands Too many meetings, calls and required last minute travel demands that make planning or scheduling impossible or cost effective – at times 8 employees would be deployed to meet and greet 4 overkill and makes zero business sense. Teamhealth over promises and under delivers in just about everything Inconsiderate of peoples time and NO work-life balance Lack of operational practices and policies

Advice to Management

Instead of sending out Glassdoor requests to new employees asking for positive reviews, just do the right thing from the start. Treat all colleagues fairly, compensation should match the experience and position regardless, if you are the president’s son or an average employee. Leaders/Managers need to continually be trained and developed; act quickly to remove poor leaders quickly. Invest in systems and tools and... eliminate paper and human error as much as possible. Focus on how to attract and retain top talent in all areas of the business. Listen to your employees and invest in innovation and technology and be willing to change with the times. Stop the insanity in regards to how Business Development operates. Make solid business decisions and stop allowing areas to throw away money on areas that don’t matter or have little to no ROI. Stop talking about doing things, if 3 years have gone by and it’s still being talked about and not implemented – you’re a failure. TeamHealth could be a great company, but they have to be willing to change and so far it’s a bunch of non-diverse like-minded folks doing the same thing over and over again in small minded Knoxville TN.

TeamHealth2018-06-04

"Too many chiefs, not enough Indians"

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time

Pros

I hate to say that there are not too many pros or incentives for me to stay which is why I'm beginning my search elsewhere. Work/life balance is great because I am hourly and my day finishes at 5. I cannot say the same for the salaried folks. Every Monday morning I come in to an inbox full of messages from TH employees working their weekends. It would be understandable if it were for a special project or deadline..., which may require a salaried employee to work late or on weekends. This is a regular occurrence. The pay was decent a few years ago, but the very small 25 -30 cent annual increase (not guaranteed even if you have a glowing performance review) is not enough to cover the cost of living increase. Not to mention the increase in benefit premiums and the reduced 401k match. If you desperately need a job, it's OK- especially if you're hourly and can leave by 5. You have to use your 15 days of PTO as sick time too unless you're out for 4 days or greater. People often come to work sick. If you can spend a little longer in your job search, take the time to find something better. TeamHealth offers paid holidays which is great!

Cons

There are too many managers working in the same arena and they all have different opinions (and ALL of them want the final say). The employees (non management) often get caught in the middle of arguments and end up completing the same project several times until management decides what to agree upon. So much (re)work and time spent for very little return. Disagreements between these leaders seem so petty as they... put each other on blast in e-mail and person for employees to awkwardly witness. We're all adults, let's switch the focus from "pointing the finger" to who may have made a mistake and instead work collaboratively with each other to find a solution. :) When an employee is laid off, their work load gets dropped on someone else's desk to permanently absorb. This sometimes happens when someone gets a promotion too. It wouldn't be as bad if we were offered a salary increase or bonus for taking it on. Leadership says we are in good shape as a company, but we hear more about budget cuts than anything else. The latest cut to the already poor 401k match has us all frustrated, but even more so concerned about the direction of the company. It's especially concerning when we hear that large corporations across the country are giving their employees bonuses, increases, etc because of the new tax reform with Trump's administration. In the four years I have been here, I can't even count how many times processes have been changed and then gone back to the original process, and then changed again. It would appear (at least from the outside) that leadership creates these process changes without consulting the individuals who actually work the process.

Advice to Management

Give your current employees an incentive to stay before they get recruited out.

TeamHealth2018-04-08
  10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Recruiter

I have been working at TeamHealth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

On every level, this company is dedicated to providing quality healthcare for patients and work/life balance for employees. I have witnessed first-hand how even the founder never forgets his roots as a physician. You would be fortunate to work for TeamHealth.

Cons

It is a big company, so sometimes there are a lot of layers to go through for out-of-the-ordinary requests. But it does get resolved eventually.

Advice to Management

Consolidate all of the tools for sales and recruiting in one spot.

TeamHealth2018-02-12