TeamPeople Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Genia Spencer

"A great experience with professionals"

Current Employee - Audiovisual Producer and Technical Consultant Internationally in Boulder, CO

Pros

I was approached by Teampeople, who found my resume and skill sets through LinkedIn. A government position opened up that matched my skill sets and specialities near where I live, and so I was contacted by a representative of teampeople. Yolanda, who was a thorough professional, who asked all the right questions, and was able to find a connection between my experience and skill sets and the needs of the company that was looking for me. She made introductions, negotiated my contract, stayed in constant contact, was always accessible and thorough, and made the experience really simple, direct, and pleasurable. I have been freelance for over 35 years and this experience, working with teampeople has really opened my eyes about the possibility of being represented by an external agency. I thoroughly respect the way the system is run, and look forward to doing more business with them.

Cons

I have only been working with this company for the last six weeks and on this one particular project, but I can say that I have not experienced anything that would indicate to me that I would not want to continue.

Advice to Management

Give Yolanda a raise because she represents your company in the best possible way.

2. "A great company to work for."

Former Employee - Editor in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Editor in Chandler, AZ

I worked at TeamPeople full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TeamPeople was a great company to work for. I felt like the company leadership was clear with expectations and the direction they wanted to go. I worked working as a contractor with a large tech company and was proud to represent TeamPeople.

Cons

The nature of working as a contingent worker for a large tech company can be challenging. There's a lot of company culture to fight against and while that's not TeamPeople's fault it does mean that there's little to no long term future with TeamPeople.

Advice to Management

Being a CW at a large company can make you feel isolated. I'd have loved more chances to meet and spend time with my fellow TeamPeople employees from other states.

3. "The Company Name Says It All"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never worked with a better group of people. This company really cares about its employees.

Cons

No cons at this time

5. "One Team, One Dream"

Current Employee - On-Site Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - On-Site Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Team for a few years now, and am happy to be a part of such a creative, respectful, innovative and caring group of professionals. Working on-site at one of our larger contracts has been challenging and stressful (in a good way), but extremely rewarding. The rest of the Team on-site are serious about their jobs and truly strive to be the best of the best on a daily basis. On the HQ side, I've never felt more personally and professionally supported from a company. I know just about everyone at HQ by name, and have been lucky enough to build friendships with many as well. This is extremely rare in a contracting position, and is much appreciated.

Cons

Team has been rapidly growing in the last year or so, and seems to have taken their time catching up on some policies and procedures. However, as the HQ personnel has gotten more settled in, I've been noticing more and more progress on this front.

6. "The best Team of People I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Audiovisual Coordinator and Media Editor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Audiovisual Coordinator and Media Editor in Washington, DC

Pros

I can honestly say that teamwork is one of the best things about working for this company. I feel supported on my work every day from the headquarters staff to the onsite staff. Going to work to do what you love while having the support of your superiors and teammates makes the love for your job even bigger. I couldn't feel any luckier!

Cons

While nothing in life is really perfect, depending on what your own definition of perfection is, I can't think of any downsides about working for TeamPeople. I feel very proud about working for this company and have nothing but good things to say about it. I constantly tell my old college classmates to look for work here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

7. "Great Company- Great People"

Current Employee - Digital Media Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Digital Media Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking to learn, grow and work hard, TeamPeople is a great place to work. They value teamwork (hence the name) and have a positive work culture. They really stress professional development and training to make sure their employees are constantly learning and improving. I've been to a few really great conferences and training sessions while with the company. Good benefits as well. It's fast pace, so you have to be ready to hustle!

Cons

I really can’t say anything bad about this place, it's been a great experience for me.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, continue to stay true to who we are.

"Great small company to work for if you can show them you mean business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management, clear goals, growth company

Cons

Small HQ departments like HR and accounting.

Advice to Management

Team has an opportunity to completely refresh it's image to it's employees. Focus on culture more! Could be a very hip company to work for with some improvements to benefits/perks. It would help to make sure everyone's on the same page with vision and mission--make us want to be part of the bigger picture.

9. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Production & Account Coordinator
    Current Employee - Production & Account Coordinator

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say that working for TeamPeople has been one of the best professional experiences I have had. Not only is the environment at HQ great (nice people), but management is incredibly dedicated to the growth of its employees.

Cons

I can honestly say that there are any cons working at TeamPeople. With anything else, if I thought about it hard enough, I'm sure I could come up with something, but my overall experience has been great.

10. "It's What You Make Of It .."

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time

Pros

The hiring process was fast.

Cons

Extremely disorganized. Empty promises made. Unrealistic expectations.

11. "More of a recruiting / staffing agency than a company"

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The individuals, both permanent and freelancers on-boarded with the organization are really great individuals. It is one of the best ways to network and develop your contacts within the industry. The people working at these locations are always willing to work with one another and share their knowledge.

Cons

After placing people in positions, communication / involvement from headquarters in almost non-existent. Attempting to get anyone to assist with your needs or concerns often makes you feel as if you are on an island as the "team" has left you to move on to recruiting the next candidate for the next position. One can feel like a seat filler so that the organization can boast about how large they are becoming, rather than remain connected to the individuals and team they have "worked hard to cultivate."

For full time "placed" team members, there is little to no growth opportunities as often you are labeled as a single type of subject matter expert. It is almost impossible to move anywhere within your "placement" and unlikely to go to another location. This leaves you with an expiration date of your time with the organization.

Compensation is not dependent with experience, but pre-fixed on rates and fixed profit margins with client locations. Ultimately there is a max threshold any individual can reach, and it is easily hit prior to a desired tenure.

Advice to Management

Remember to not lose focus of the individuals that help represent your company daily at your client locations