TeamPeople Reviews | Glassdoor

Rachel Peters
  1. Featured Review

"Rewarding work"

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working here has given me the opportunity to meet amazing talent and to connect that talent with work. TeamPeople has relationships and contracts with large, recognized, and reputable clients, and being able to put people to work in those exciting environments is a great feeling. Touching base and meeting with employees that work at the various client sites on a regular basis keeps everyone connected and offers insight into how different companies approach creative, digital, and media. Another perk of working at TeamPeople are the opportunities for professional development. It is up to you as the employee to determine what interests you and what type of additional training will move you forward in your career and make you a stronger asset to the team. The company supports this type of development and will work with you to make it happen.

Cons

A 401K match would be great to see.

Advice to Management

Continuing to work to streamline processes and procedures for employees and freelancers is and should continue to be a main goal.

TeamPeople2019-03-20
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've had a great experience with TeamPeople. The staff at HQ is responsive and customer service oriented. We work with some really cool clients, people are super passionate about the work they do. TeamPeople offers some competitive benefits and generous perks. I've worked at other companies in the past, but TeamPeople has been the best I've encountered so far. They do a great job nurturing their employees to get them to the next step.

Cons

More team get-togethers - Maybe more opportunities for our employees onsite at contracts to travel to other contracts?

Advice to Management

Nothing - I think our new EVP Creative & Digital will do great things.

TeamPeople2019-10-17
  3. "Good Placement in Good Companies"

Current Employee - Senior Technician

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's hard to find jobs in the media field and it's even harder to find one in a reputed company. I had applied for a job through TeamPeople and found out that I was shortlisted for a job. I was coached through the interview process and got the job. They have represented me well in the company and their on-site manager is a great guy who really looks out for the employees best interests.

Cons

Their health insurance and benefits package is severely lacking.

TeamPeople2019-11-02
  4. "Teampeople Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Washington, DC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Staff to work with!

Cons

Pay could be higher- at least DC min wage

TeamPeople2019-08-26
  5. "Feed your kids"

Former Employee - AV Technician in Washington, DC

I worked at TeamPeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

Body shop good at interview prep

Cons

Management, integrity, self preservation, industry knowledge.

Advice to Management

Be better

TeamPeople2019-09-10

"There is no TEAM in TeamPeople"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at TeamPeople full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Other than the day I left, I really can't think of any.

Cons

First and foremost, if you are not one of the initial employees that were there when TeamPeople was created, they will not care about you. Once they hire you and drop you into a clients site, do not plan on hearing from them again unless you reach out to them - and even then, don't hold your breath waiting for a response. The amount of shady business that is being conducted here is ridiculous; offering people days off in lieu of overtime being worked that should be paid out at time and a half, listening to the corporate employees treat the HR department like royalty when they are around, yet are very quick to stab them in the back and throw them under the bus the minute they leave. Be prepared for someone supervisors to rip you a new one for something they were responsible for and then act like your best friend an hour later as if nothing happened. There are so many derogatory comments made by the senior personnel and no matter how many times you report it, nothing will happen. Supervisors would rather yell and scream at you for something they believe was not completed than take 30 seconds to check their e-mail and see it was already done. And also be prepared to watch certain people constantly show up to work late, steal company property, threaten other employees and only receive a slight slap on the wrist while others will be fired simply for not answering their phone right away, not responding to an email within 5 minutes, or simply forgetting to send an e-mail by mistake. If you are in a position where they literally do not have anyone to replace you if they let you go, then by all means, do whatever you want, because you'll be fine. When it comes to work/life balance, HA! As I said before, the original TeamPeople employees are able to come and go as they please, making appointments in the middle of the day, taking 2 hour lunches, etc. When you leave the office, you are never really leaving your work load. I would suggest maybe not putting hours on your website if you expect people to work well into the late hours of the evening. My favorite is when certain people are able to take off on a Friday because they are going out of town and can "work from their car", while others cannot. Also, please do not believe the 5-star reviews here. Employees were asked to create accounts on here and leave positive reviews. That is how you know you are failing as a company. Also, lets get with the program and stop sending out paper checks to freelancers. Everyone is direct deposit now. Overall, you couldn't pay me a large enough amount of money to ever go back to this company.

Advice to Management

I think it is really sad the amount of good employees that you guys let go, while continuing to let incompetent people stay there. Some individuals can't even create a basic excel document when half their job is tracking things through excel.

TeamPeople2019-07-12

"Prepare to be set up for failure"

Current Employee - Client Account Coordinator in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with interesting client projects

Cons

Horrible management and toxic environment

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a company and help your employees grow. Read between the smiles and the PR posts

TeamPeople2019-07-10
  8. "I LOVE MY JOB!!!"

Current Employee - Production Manager

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time

Pros

Friendly and collaborative atmosphere. I really enjoy working with my TeamPeople peeps! Additionally, I interface with our clients as well as candidates and everyone has a great team spirit. For my role, (although not all roles) there is flexibility to work from home. Very positive vibe. On time paychecks!

Cons

Protocols could be streamlined. Sometimes candidates don't understand they will be working for TeamPeople and not the Fortune 500 client.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide growth opportunities for all employees including adding additional clients so we can all advance in our careers. Stay on top of technology as it is the backbone of our business.

TeamPeople2019-03-11
  9. "A cool hive for creatives and technicians, people looking to grow in their career"

Current Employee - Contract Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Managers whose actions show they care about their people as much as they care about getting results Different types of client work, new jobs posted all the time Flexible ways to work: full time, part time, freelance, gigs and projects For full time jobs, individual medical insurance premium 100% employer-paid Your job, your work, your career is what you make it. I come to work thinking about what I can contribute and what I can accomplish. As a manager, I like providing input and having a say in who we need to hire in order to advance. In other companies where I have worked, the executives or the hiring process has dictated it. Everyone has the same Cigna PPO level plan and can buy up from there. TelaDoc, short-term disability and pet insurance are nice features too. I knew early that I had to work in the music or video production industry. TeamPeople has been a place for me to work in a hands-on role, show my value, gain experience, push boundaries, and meet amazing people along the way.

Cons

Access to a 401k, but no match provided right now

Advice to Management

Thanks for finding ways to share recognition and sending my team and I to conferences. It’s great motivation and keeps us current on what others are doing. Continue to find new opportunities for even more growth and placement for existing employees

TeamPeople2019-03-11
  10. "Solid/Friendly Company with lots of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at TeamPeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

small company feel but has their hand in some really big and exciting opportunities with Fortune 500's

Cons

the managed service model isn't for everyone but TeamPeople still provides great benefits and access to top tier companies

Advice to Management

maybe less layers of paperwork but overall friendly and easy to work with

TeamPeople2019-02-25