TeamQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Hesser

1. "It's a new day at TeamQuest, thanks to HelpSystems!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, IA

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In December TeamQuest was acquired by HelpSystems, a rapidly growing software company based in Eden Prairie, MN. The commitment from HelpSystems to invest in TeamQuest's products will surely benefit our customers and employees. Everyone I've met is passionate about the company and truly believes HelpSystems is delivering products that make IT lives better. HelpSystems is definitely walking the walk, not just talking the talk. It's an exciting time for the future of TeamQuest and HelpSystems.

Cons

So far, none to report.

"TeamQuest in a dive. Not sure they can pull out from"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, IA

I worked at TeamQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Management - Remote work, relaxed schedules, more emphasis on individual decision making and less top-down.

"Post Sales Customer Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Flexible.

Cons

Currently not bringing in the revenue

Advice to Management

Take care of current customers without nickel and diming them.

TeamQuest Response

Apr 14, 2016 – Marketing

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback has been shared with the TeamQuest leadership. Exceptional service and support have been a fundamental part of the TeamQuest business model since its ... More

"Scary Times"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Clear Lake, IA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Clear Lake, IA

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Wonderful community
    Fantastic benefits
    Remodeled facility
    Remote opportunities

Cons

Sales are down
    They've had layoffs every year for the past 4 years and we sense more are coming
    Extremely stressful environment
    Software is rushed out the door with inadequate testing

Advice to Management

Focus on quality
    Put an employee back on the Board of Directors

6. "Great staff. Exciting industry."

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Lots of smart, friendly, experienced people to work with, share ideas and be inspired by.
    2) Management actually care about their staff and express gratitude to the team on a regular basis.
    3) Exciting product that is revolutionizing the way businesses manage IT.
    4) Lots of career growth opportunity and great benefits

Cons

1) Highly technical industry with a steep learning curve
    2) Company is overhauling many aspects of they way the do business, so a lot of strategic thinking is required

Advice to Management

1) Continue to promote and encourage career growth opportunities as a core benefit
    2) Continue to recognize great work in different departments and make sure the whole company sees the progress it's making.

"Company takes a turn for the worse"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Clear Lake, IA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Clear Lake, IA

I worked at TeamQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company used to be a good employer and an asset to the community. Benefits have always been reasonably good. Employee owned.

Cons

Through a series of layoffs the company has gutted it's workforce, leaving a top-heavy upper management tier and a skeletal talent pool. Support of current products and future enhancements will be difficult. Managements seems to be more focused on the financials rather than the quality of the products. Current atmosphere has lead to an environment of employee uncertainly and dis-ease. The company has positioned itself to delay/withhold ESOP benefits from terminated employees.

Advice to Management

Adjust company priorities back to quality. Management plans for success seem to be focused on new office space and reducing personnel rather than producing quality, leading edge software solutions.

"Failing Fast"

Former Employee - Enterprise Performance Specialist in Osage, IA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Performance Specialist in Osage, IA

I worked at TeamQuest (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

No confidence in Management. Lots of lay offs. No direction for the future.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring execs that don't know the space. Get rid of dead weight at the management level. No confidence, moral is at a all time low.

"Exciting times!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, IA

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is exciting to come to work each day! We have had significant changes to the senior leadership team this year and the results are great. We have a clear vision and direction. The new team seeks input from employees and listens. The senior leadership team is committed to providing the resources needed to meet the goals. TeamQuest has a dedicated, talented work force that now has direction and high expectations. It is an unstoppable combination of which I am proud to be a part.

Cons

I do not really see any 'cons'. The company is in a very fast-paced market which presents difficult challenges. I am confident we can meet these challenges by working together. For me, these challenges add to the fun. Life is not boring or dull at TeamQuest!

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent, when possible. Continue to make the tough decisions and hold us all, including yourselves, accountable.

10. "Things are Turning Around!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Clear Lake, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Clear Lake, IA

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time

Pros

Engineering uses agile development practices which are much better now that we are following agile more to the book. We now have a clear focus on what we are developing and why. We changed our work environment to lower cubes where we can sit with our teams. Some don't like it but I think it's great and will help us work better as a team. Upper management seems to be really focused on making the company successful. They are changing many things in many areas but it seems to me it's all for the better and it's better to get it all done quickly so we can enjoy the benefits of the changes.
    Pay is great. Benefits are excellent. Free membership to fitness center. Company has a lot of fun get-togethers like pizza parties, deck parties, iteration celebrations, and off-site gatherings.

Cons

There is a lot of change right now and it can be stressful until we get where we need to be.

Advice to Management

Keep us informed of the "Why". Don't make change just for the sake of change. Have good reasons and let us know those reasons. Trust in our abilities and let us get the work done. Don't micromanage.

"CEO Paul Hesser"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Clear Lake, IA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Clear Lake, IA

I have been working at TeamQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company was once a great working environment but ever since the new CEO Paul Hesser has been on board - company moral has changed for the worse.

Cons

The upper management has all been replaced with new employees that are the new CEO's "friends" and they are running the show along with the new CEO Paul Hesser into the ground. Paul Hesser has no regard or a care about anything but himself.

Advice to Management

Fire CEO Paul Hesser